My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically, at least, they're in the same ballpark:

Duncan Robinson - 27 years old
    6'7" - 32MPG, 13.0 PTS, 3.5 REB, 1.7 ASST, 43.8% FG%, 40.5% 3PFG%

Davis Bertans - 28 years old
    6'10" - 25MPG, 11.2 PTS, 3.0 REB, 0.9 ASST, 40.3% FG%, 39.8% 3PFG%

$15MM doesn't seem to be as huge of an NBA salary as it used to be.
    Imagine if we had Davis Bertans.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather draft Kispert

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a candidate, but as mentioned, they could potentially draft Kispert or sign Markkanen or McDermott.

He's easily the best shooter of the bunch, but he's also 27, one dimensional, doesn't fill a positional need and might cost at or approaching $20M annually to dissuade the Heat from matching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DR and I like his potential fit....it's the price that's a stumbling block for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a candidate, but as mentioned, they could potentially draft Kispert or sign Markkanen or McDermott.

He's easily the best shooter of the bunch, but he's also 27, one dimensional, doesn't fill a positional need and might cost at or approaching $20M annually to dissuade the Heat from matching.
    Agreed, but he has defenses scared of him navigating screens, to the point they're almost doubling him off the ball because of how quick his release is & it would seem like a really good fit with the young guys. I think cap space is somewhat overrated, as we are almost never in the hunt for free agents who's market value is beyond the full MLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, but he has defenses scared of him navigating screens, to the point they're almost doubling him off the ball because of how quick his release is & it would seem like a really good fit with the young guys. I think cap space is somewhat overrated, as we are almost never in the hunt for free agents who's market value is beyond the full MLE.
    I know and I agree that cap space is overrated (especially in a non glamour market; it's only valuable insofar as you have a clear path to creating a requisite amount if deemed necessary), but if, for example, either him or Markkanen could be had for a similar price, the latter makes more sense and I'm not in favor of pursuing him either.

Thread Information