My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP.
    Vassell was for me was the silver lining of this game with his production in that 3rd term. He competed on every possession, made some things happen on 'O' flashing some passing skills and finally hitting consecutive jumpers.
    Gay was solid but performances like that have me worried for how much Pop is likely to ride him down the stretch.
    This will undoubtedly come at the expense of important development time against top tier compe ion for the youngsters, Luka in particular.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - We just don’t match well with Utah. They are bigger, faster and shoot better than most teams.

- We will lose many games until we find a player that can force his will from 5ft and under. Our team is undersized at the 3 and 4 for most games and is slow footed at 1, 2 and 3 positions.

- Patty Mills needs to be shut down. He hasn’t been that good and is using the time needed to develop the young guns.

- Rudy Gay should start at the 4. As much as I like Keldon, he will have a shorter career if he keeps banging opposing 4’s and 5’s. He is strong but he is not 240 nor 6’7 at least.

- Keldon should be the focus os the reserves. Lonnie is too inconsistent to be relied upon. Keldon at the 3 from the bench would have the ball more and it would make him a more complete player.

- Pop is not good enough anymore. I know he is one of the best coaches ever but we’ve been average for a long time. Pop has allowed some bad losses and still hasn’t figured out good enough rotations when teams adapt to his schemes.

- Brad Stevens adapted more that twice during the game last Friday while Pop used his usual patterns.

- This team is not elite but it’s not as bad as our record shows since 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil…

What does that even mean at this point? The guy is shooting 15 times a game and averaging 30 minutes per. over the last two contests.

This is the equivalent of going FIBA Patty. Helping the team now, in all honesty, would be deferring to the young guys and putting them in positions to succeed, championing them for ascension in a season that drastically changed after the 9 game home stand and Derrick White injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty should have been shut down a month ago. But now with White out, you need to play him. I agree that Gay should start for Vassel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Nothing to see here. Moving on to the next game. Once again Poeltl folds against a quality big. I really like to see more of Dieng instead. Lonnie, Demar, Keldon need to be on attack mode and try to get to the FT line, but first need better 3 pt shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely not an exciting game to watch like the night before ... but Utah is much better at everything wile resting their star guards so the result was obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil…

What does that even mean at this point? The guy is shooting 15 times a game and averaging 30 minutes per. over the last two contests.

This is the equivalent of going FIBA Patty. Helping the team now, in all honesty, would be deferring to the young guys and putting them in positions to succeed, championing them for ascension in a season that drastically changed after the 9 game home stand and Derrick White injury.
    Not when Patty and Rudy are auditioning for new contracts, unless they’re taking pay cuts, which still I wouldn’t prefer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when Patty and Rudy are auditioning for new contracts, unless they’re taking pay cuts, which still I wouldn’t prefer.
    This is the paradoxical situation we find ourselves in. Wish none of the 3 to be FA ill will, only a thanks for your service and bon voyage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil…

This is maddening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy has a contract to get and Pop would rather watch Rudy chuck than take a chance on forcing the ball through the young players in crunch time.

Could have been an interesting year had it been DJ and Derrick running bubble 2.0 but instead we got what more resembles 2020 redux.

Anyone who wants Demar to return for any amount of money please seek help. This franchise needs to open a window, badly.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy has a contract to get and Pop would rather watch Rudy chuck than take a chance on forcing the ball through the young players in crunch time.

Could have been an interesting year had it been DJ and Derrick running bubble 2.0 but instead we got what more resembles 2020 redux.

Anyone who wants Demar to return for any amount of money please seek help. This franchise needs to open a window, badly.

Pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last night, the spurs looked beat down and tired. three different cities in 4 nights with two overtime games. lonnie especially looked gassed. and utah's is basically a less talented version of the spurs 2014 beautiful game team so that's not the best team to have to play when you're running on fumes.(but patty still would have sucked, regardless.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not even mad at them loosing the remaining schedule is brutal playing against some great teams that will all be fighting for higher playoff spots. I am thinking we can win one or two but don’t be surprised if we do t win another game this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah and Memphis appear to be Achilles Heel type teams for the Spurs. Fully expected a loss last night, even with Mitc out.

That said, Patty looks awful, and DeRozan didn't do much to help the cause after sitting out the game before.

Pop may as well sit guys until the play-in tournament. Give Patty a chance to get his legs back, let the older players heal up, and see how we do. The young guys and end of the bench players seem to be doing as well as the experienced players do lately, so you may as well just fold up the tents, tbh. Trying to actually win games with the vets seem pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is tired and overmatched talent wise.

I do wish Pop would play Luka a bit more but I can see why he doesn’t because a decent amount times when he does get tick he looks lost. Lol. I think after his one really good game awhile ago Pop should’ve slowly gave him a bit of minutes here and there.

either way, I’m looking forward to the draft and feee agency period. Hopefully the team will do some smart things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. New guys are getting as much burn as possible without just throwin em in the deep end lol

Luka Tré and Vass getting starts and mins, not much more you can ask. Not overwhelming them is part of the development.

Thread Information