My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What looked to be like a season in which he earns one last contract in the NBA, has turned into a season that looks like he should start considering retirement.

Patty was all over “that one last missing piece for contenders” articles during the trade deadline and now looks to be done.

Pop needs to put the guy out to pasture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting 30% on 3s going back to April on a sample size of almost 100 attempts.

It would appear his lower half is not where it was early season. Energy on the floor is lower and he doesn’t have the same consistency on his jumper he had in March and before.

Old+tough schedule+shot selection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess he got the word that his services are no longer needed after this season?? And he's playing uninspired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting as poorly in the last month of the season as he was shooting well in the first month. Maybe just law of averages?

Otherwise, he still doesn't know how to run an offense and gets abused on defense despite knowing where to be. If he's not hunting for his own shot, he doesn't seem to know what else to do.

He is what he is at this point. He can be a shooter / spark-plug off the bench if he is making shots. Otherwise he is just a liability.

Thanks for 2014 Patty, but I think it's time to pull the cord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only one of the three vet FA are brought back by management, I'd still hope it would be Mills. But that's also just not saying much about the other two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who he's always been for the past 3 seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a good feeling some teams like the Mavs/Knicks will offer Patty and Rudy, and the Spurs will not match, like Forbes and Belli. I think both players are still very capable.

I'm just not sure about Demar. There are games that he looks like a max contract, and then there was last night. I think if Demar is the 2nd option, he will be okay. Demar can facilitate and does not need to score every time, but who can score on anyone when his number is called.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He signed a 50 million dollar contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its like people haven't watched him specifically play,ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is an excellent shooter. When other good players have gravity (Duncan, Manu and Parker) Patty is useful as a lethal scorer.
    But doing it himself or with marginal teammates ain’t gonna happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is an excellent shooter. When other good players have gravity (Duncan, Manu and Parker) Patty is useful as a lethal scorer.
    But doing it himself or with marginal teammates ain’t gonna happen.

Hes a role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a good feeling some teams like the Mavs/Knicks will offer Patty and Rudy, and the Spurs will not match, like Forbes and Belli. I think both players are still very capable.

I'm just not sure about Demar. There are games that he looks like a max contract, and then there was last night. I think if Demar is the 2nd option, he will be okay. Demar can facilitate and does not need to score every time, but who can score on anyone when his number is called.
    We don’t have matching rights on any of them. Like Parker, they could take less money for a better situation for themselves.

If we keep one, I’d like it to be Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only conjecture, but, I do wonder if he is injured or has lost heart somehow.
    He doesn't quite seem like Patty Mills.
    This season has been so Jeckyll and Hyde, each player has had progressions and regressions.
    Did Mills decline coincide with Aldridge leaving?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only conjecture, but, I do wonder if he is injured or has lost heart somehow.
    He doesn't quite seem like Patty Mills.
    This season has been so Jeckyll and Hyde, each player has had progressions and regressions.
    Come to think of it, it did. His buddy from Portland was gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t have matching rights on any of them. Like Parker, they could take less money for a better situation for themselves.

If we keep one, I’d like it to be Rudy.
    Exactly what I mean. To me it's Patty. I don't know lately, but he's normally a sure shot if only they use him for a catch-and-shoot, and never a ballhandler. A little PNR here and there, but never a facilitator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Patty seemed different after that fight with Samson, for which he got fined. Wonder what Pop said to him. We’ll never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA Patty's got no legs. This regular season wore him out. He's a high-energy, short-burst sort of player. Trying to run him 20+ minutes a night with this type of schedule just caused him to crater.

If Pop used Patty like he's meant to be used, 10-12 minutes a game, high energy spark, and then back to the bench, Patty would still be doing fine.

A spark is short lived. Pop's got this spark playing out of position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty needs to go to Europe at this stage of his career or play for the veteran minimum, i would keep him for the minimum tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FIBA Patty hype went to his head, tbh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty has always been a liability on defense and never a very good point guard but he was usually a reliable source of offense. with that aspect of his game no longer a reliable contribution, he has to consider walking away. he's a great character guy but the only way i'd stomach his return is if he agreed to a very reduced role and the vet minimum. and even then, i'd balk.

Thread Information