Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On February 14, the Spurs were rolling. They’d just won three straight and were holding a 16-11 record and the 6 seed in the West.

Two days later, 4 Spurs players would test positive for COVID after Quinndary Weatherspoon was identified as a superspreader. Their next 5 games would be postponed and the team would never look the same since.

It’s not just that COVID broke the team’s momentum. It’s not just that it debilitated those that got infected and forced them to have to regain their conditioning. It’s also that all the delayed games got pushed to the second half of the schedule, and now it’s taking a physical and mental toll on the team, as we’re currently seeing.

Could all of this have been prevented if Quinndary Weatherspoon hadn’t been a superspreader?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly one of many catastrophes this season that contributed to a less than stellar season.

On the other hand, the Jazz seem to have overcome their COVID issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It affected guys like Derrick and Keldon, but imo the team just overachieved early on and they've always been inconsistent.

Plus they lost LaMarcus, while he looked done this season, that was a big loss to their production.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trying to see what is not there.

The only constant is Pop.

Has has not been able to adapt to the new NBA.

We don't have enough shooting, yes. We don't have enough stars, yes.

What can explain the losses to injury plaged teams like the Pacers and the Clippers?

Pop is no longer elite. He is not modern enough.

He is still working with an Iphone 7 like system, which is better than most bad phones but is much worse than Iphone 12 Pro Max or Xiaomi Mi 11 and OnePlus 9 Pro.

Aknowledge what is in front of your eyes. The league has evolved. Pop has not (enough).

We have enough to be top 6 but the coaching has not be good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Size, speed, shooting, spacing, athleticism.

That's all we need to leverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop lacks commitment to the team that's not going anywhere. There's no fire. A combination of the team make up, covid, age, Olympic commitment, and the league overall change of style has left him disinterested.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trying to see what is not there.

The only constant is Pop.

Has has not been able to adapt to the new NBA.

We don't have enough shooting, yes. We don't have enough stars, yes.

What can explain the losses to injury plaged teams like the Pacers and the Clippers?

Pop is no longer elite. He is not modern enough.

He is still working with an Iphone 7 like system, which is better than most bad phones but is much worse than Iphone 12 Pro Max or Xiaomi Mi 11 and OnePlus 9 Pro.

Aknowledge what is in front of your eyes. The league has evolved. Pop has not (enough).

We have enough to be top 6 but the coaching has not be good.
    What does pop need to do to be more modern?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess - shoot MOAR threes !!11!1!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That outbreak def didn’t help any. Also Whites inability to stay on the floor coupled with Pops continuance to overplay Patty and dev the youth has had a bigger impact IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering we lost LMA and White - that's like 40mil not playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It affected guys like Derrick and Keldon, but imo the team just overachieved early on and they've always been inconsistent.

Plus they lost LaMarcus, while he looked done this season, that was a big loss to their production.
    LMA was shut down BEFORE the Spurs went on their little spurt.

As for the Jazz, I don’t believe they ever stopped playing. We did, and Memphis also did, but I don’t remember any other teams stopping play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I’m sure that a guy who doesn’t play, or coach, is responsible for all the team’s problems.

You poor dim witted dimwit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On February 14, the Spurs were rolling. They’d just won three straight and were holding a 16-11 record and the 6 seed in the West.

Two days later, 4 Spurs players would test positive for COVID after Quinndary Weatherspoon was identified as a superspreader. Their next 5 games would be postponed and the team would never look the same since.

It’s not just that COVID broke the team’s momentum. It’s not just that it debilitated those that got infected and forced them to have to regain their conditioning. It’s also that all the delayed games got pushed to the second half of the schedule, and now it’s taking a physical and mental toll on the team, as we’re currently seeing.

Could all of this have been prevented if Quinndary Weatherspoon hadn’t been a superspreader?
    The team is built flawed. We need a modern day 3 and 4. Keldon does not cut at 3. I need use 50mil cap space to get defensive 3 and 4, move Derrick to Manu role and move on from DD, Mills and Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is built flawed. We need a modern day 3 and 4. Keldon does not cut at 3. I need use 50mil cap space to get defensive 3 and 4, move Derrick to Manu role and move on from DD, Mills and Gay.
    These are the defensive 3s and 4s FAs :

Paul Millsap
    PJ Tucker
    Otto Porter
    Andre Iguodala
    Trevor Ariza
    Derrick Jones
    Nic Batum
    Torrey Craig

Who do you hand the $50 mil cap space to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he actually set in motion a course of events that lands this franchise a talent in the draft that could change the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the defensive 3s and 4s FAs :

Paul Millsap
    PJ Tucker
    Otto Porter
    Andre Iguodala
    Trevor Ariza
    Derrick Jones
    Nic Batum
    Torrey Craig

Who do you hand the $50 mil cap space to?
    Dr Kevorkian

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap, Otto Porter, JaMychal Green (if he declines his player option), use the cap space to absorb a contract and send out a TPE
    Last edited by niraj2000; 05-06-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being more modern is not the same as do what others are doing. It means adapting and creating a thing that responds to what is happening in front of your eyes.

We have enough talent to win more games.
    Even without White: DJM - DD - DV - Luka - Poeltl starting line up is good enough to cause problems.

Instead of 5in /5 out subs ution pattern, Sub Luka for Rudy and Lonnie for DDR and KJ for DV.
    Then, Sub Eubanks, DDR and Luka for DJM, KJ and Poeltl.

Always keep at least 2 or 3 starters througout the whole game.
    Have two players over 6'9 on the floor. We need to limit either 3's or shots 5 ft or closer.
    We have enough bigs to avoid shots close to the basket.

Play line-ups that are bigger than the adversary. Luka and Gay should play all the minutes available at the 4.
    No more 6'5 and under PF experiments.

No more Patty for more than 15 minutes.

Stop the drop coverage or alternate it to keep offenses guessing. We did it against Dallas and it resulted.

This are changes that would create more miss-matches in favor of our team.
    Pop has been nothing more than average since 2019.

Is he was that great, USA teams would win more games.
    Last edited by NK123; 05-06-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he injured he hasnt been playing at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid really hurt the team, perhaps more than most are willing to admit, but at this point that excuse doesn't work anymore.
    What we're seeing now is a team that has essentially quit.
    There is no consistency in anything they do. They aren't great at anything.
    The last two games hammered home the reality that this team has ZERO chance to do anything positive, even if they make the playoffs.
    We should be tanking now, and perhaps that has already begun.

The problem with consistency starts with Pop's lineups and subs ution patterns constantly changing.
    He hasn't decided who he wants the team to be.
    This team is too young and the young guys aren't adapting well to having different roles and responsibilities every other game.
    We have a lot of promising talent but how can they develop in this environment?

Big choices need to be made this offseason, including whether Pop wants to commit to being great again.
    He seems to be coasting.
    I think he can be great again, but he needs to find that fire or retire

Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah blame the worst guy on the team who barely plays instead of the FO, head coach, and roster with a mix of green, limited players and losers like Gay and DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The excuse train is pulling into the station. Spurs arent the only team dealing with covid. As long as demar ,patty and gay are your "closers" this team is what it is. Its been a slow,steady decline since the demar trade, and that isnt changing as long as the team is constructed this way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quinndary didn't try to build a winning team around two old fashioned midrange shooters, one of whom had already asked for a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had 4 or 5 easy wins ahead of them and were on a roll, so yes, I think the quarantine hurt. After players came back the schedule became very condensed and the momentum was gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi leaving ruined our season

Thread Information