Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the covid incident Pop should've pulled the plug and start the tanking process right there. There is no talent here, we need real talent. I love Pop unlike others here but he's responsible for whatever is happening or not at this moment and time.
    He's trying to keep a winning culture but without talented players whatever he's trying is fools gold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this serious? This flawed, untalented team was never going anywhere. They had a decent start aided by a combination of continuity, schedule, health (minus White) and rare clutch time luck.

If anything it's too bad the inevitable crash back down to earth didn't occur sooner to guarantee better lottery odds, though if anyone could squander this lead and get caught at the end, it'd be them. They love finding new ways to embarrass themselves.

Let me guess - shoot MOAR threes !!11!1!

As if this is not a more than legitimate gripe. You apologists are beyond ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On February 14, the Spurs were rolling. They’d just won three straight and were holding a 16-11 record and the 6 seed in the West.

Two days later, 4 Spurs players would test positive for COVID after Quinndary Weatherspoon was identified as a superspreader. Their next 5 games would be postponed and the team would never look the same since.

It’s not just that COVID broke the team’s momentum. It’s not just that it debilitated those that got infected and forced them to have to regain their conditioning. It’s also that all the delayed games got pushed to the second half of the schedule, and now it’s taking a physical and mental toll on the team, as we’re currently seeing.

Could all of this have been prevented if Quinndary Weatherspoon hadn’t been a superspreader?
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does pop need to do to be more modern?
    first of all, stop signing these slow ass, non defensive centers that can't do anything but score under the basket off put backs or passes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the defensive 3s and 4s FAs :

Paul Millsap
    PJ Tucker
    Otto Porter
    Andre Iguodala
    Trevor Ariza
    Derrick Jones
    Nic Batum
    Torrey Craig

Who do you hand the $50 mil cap space to?
    I want all the guys in their late 30s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer is Pop. What do we have to do to get him to retire? Protest at the stadium??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Quindarry's superspreading leads to the old man retiring and the team moving on from Derozan, I'd vote that we put #15 up in the rafters as early as next season tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean we were playing above our means for a good stretch. Dejounte Murray was taking 3's. Even Demar hit like 30 of em. KJ wasn't dog tired from guarding people 30 pounds more than him. And Poeltl looked like he actually belonged in the league (didn't last long though). Now Murray won't shoot 3's. Demar is doing demar . KJ is on dead legs and Poeltl has returned to being the back up big that he was destined to be. Add in Rudy Gay not giving a about anybody and Patty returned to useless mode and none of that has to do with covid.

That was always my whole issue with the stand pat crowd. It only makes sense to stand pat if you're going to bench your vets that are leaving anyways and actually play the youth. Instead we were still closing with Patty and Rudy. makes zero sense. Now with like 7 games left, Pop is like I guess I will play the youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean we were playing above our means for a good stretch. Dejounte Murray was taking 3's. Even Demar hit like 30 of em. KJ wasn't dog tired from guarding people 30 pounds more than him. And Poeltl looked like he actually belonged in the league (didn't last long though). Now Murray won't shoot 3's. Demar is doing demar . KJ is on dead legs and Poeltl has returned to being the back up big that he was destined to be. Add in Rudy Gay not giving a about anybody and Patty returned to useless mode and none of that has to do with covid.

That was always my whole issue with the stand pat crowd. It only makes sense to stand pat if you're going to bench your vets that are leaving anyways and actually play the youth. Instead we were still closing with Patty and Rudy. makes zero sense. Now with like 7 games left, Pop is like I guess I will play the youth.
    It's called scouting. There's a reason I was advocating to sign a stretch big in February. It was clear that if you got enough games to watch where you can properly scout this team and game plan against them, they would fall off a cliff cause of their offensive deficiencies. That performance at the start of the season was never sustainable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, he absolutely did. ing typhoid mary!

Thread Information