Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably has a lot to do with him having been retired for over a decade now

remember pretty late in his career with the vikings he had a pick scandal that was covered fairly heavily at the time
    fair, he is a HOFer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS he is pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably has a lot to do with him having been retired for over a decade now

remember pretty late in his career with the vikings he had a pick scandal that was covered fairly heavily at the time
    I guess welfare fraud is not as sexy of a topic around here when it's rich white folks ripping us off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, it just got weirder and sicker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, it just got weirder and sicker
    Anna Wolfe is a smart babe.

I love her exposes and her librarian looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using TANF like a piggy bank

“Prevacus is a company that is going to treat concussions, but we also have a pre-game cream, PreVPro, which is available now,” Favre said in the interview. “You apply it on the neck. It’s a cream. A concussion is inflammation of the brain, which is bad. It adds some relief for six hours. It’s pretty neat.”

Prevacus, the company behind a novel inhalable concussion treatment, received about $2.2 million of federal welfare funds, which the pharmaceutical company should have been barred from under rules for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

But as the first handful of payments were made for the development of that drug, one source told FOS that Favre became more enamored with the development of the cream after he came across a similar product called AloeMD.

Thousands of dollars of the TANF funds were diverted from Prevacus’ original concussion treatment to develop the PreVPro cream.

However, it was never actually produced in mass quan ies to be sold to the public, in spite of multiple animal experiments that led to the deaths of at least a half-dozen dogs.

Investigators in recent weeks have delved more into Favre’s role in getting those TANF funds, which were funneled from Mississippi Department of Human Services (DHS) through a non-profit and, finally, to Prevacus.

And, more specifically, sources told FOS that investigators are combing over records related to Favre and the PreVPro cream. Like Favre’s other links to the more than $8 million in misspent funds, one source said text messages are again likely to play a major role in the probe.

“He knew [the Mississippi welfare agency] money was going toward developing the cream,” one source told FOS.
    https://frontofficesports.com/brett-...cussion-cream/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA related:

Henry Muñoz, the San Antonio-born son of an ally to labor legend Cesar Chavez, has held many les over the years: DNC vice-chair, DNC finance chair, co-creator of the progressive group Latino Victory, head of the board at the Smithsonian’s Museum of the American Latino, even owner of the Will Ferrell-founded production company Funny or Die.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    But among his most lucrative gigs yet has been as consultant to SOMOS Community Care. Since 2018, the nonprofit network of physicians’ offices for New York’s most marginalized residents has paid Muñoz more than $30 million.

The group’s financial disclosures show that it has s ed out over $14.3 million to Muñoz directly, and an additional $15.7 million to a limited liability company he owns. But the filings are available only through 2020, and the Democratic operative has maintained his relationship with the group in the years since, meaning he’s likely received even more money.
    During the period for which records are available, SOMOS’s revenues declined markedly: from $182.8 million in 2018 to $104.7 million in 2019 to $33.5 million in 2020, tracking with the tapering-off of the state Medicaid program that the group was founded to capitalize on.

Larywon maintained that only $17 million of the $30 million SOMOS doled out to Muñoz over the first three years came from that initiative, indicating that the remainder derived from payments SOMOS received for providing services to patients. The organization refused to answer whether these fees also came out of Medicaid or another government program, and whether Muñoz or MSTZO received any part of the $25.5 million state contract to run COVID testing sites SOMOS landed in March 2020.

Meanwhile, for Muñoz, the influx of SOMOS cash coincided not just with a series of splashy property acquisitions but a marked increase in his political giving.

In just the period of Jan. 2018 until Jan. 2023—that is, his time working for SOMOS—the total value of his federal contributions exceeded $1.15 million, nearly $400,000 more than he’d donated in the previous 30 years, including during most of his tenure as DNC finance chair. His husband, meanwhile—who alternately lists himself as an employee of Muñoz’s architecture firm and of MSTZO, LLC—contributed nearly $700,000 to federal candidates in the same period, half a million dollars more than he’d previously given his whole life.

Similarly, prior to 2018, Muñoz had made just five political gifts in New York, totaling $38,450, mostly donations to then-Gov. Cuomo. Today, the total value of all campaign contributions he has made in the state stands at almost 10 times that amount: $353,750.

Tallaj, SOMOS’s chairman and Muñoz’s old political pal, also dramatically escalated his political giving during the same period—in which two companies registered in his name received a combined $10.5 million from the nonprofit.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-th...ney-hose-somos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Former Tupelo nonprofit operator Christi Webb became the seventh defendant in Mississippi’s $77 million welfare scandal after she pleaded guilty to one federal charge of theft concerning federal funds before Magistrate Judge Keith Ball in Jackson on March 16.

Court do ents say she directed nearly $1.1 million to companies owned by former WWE wrestler Teddy DiBiase Jr., who has not been charged with a crime. He is the son of WWE’s “Million Dollar Man,” Ted DiBiase Sr.

Until stepping down last week, Webb was the executive director of the Family Resource Center of North Mississippi, a nonprofit that handled millions in federal funds in coordination with the Mississippi Department of Human Services. The federal dollars included Temporary Assistance For Needy Families funds, which are meant to help poor families with children, and The Emergency Food Assistance Program funds, which provides nutrition assistance to families in need.

Former Mississippi Department of Human Services Director John Davis, who led the Mississippi Department of Human Services from 2016 to 2019, pleaded guilty on federal charges in the case in September 2022; as head of the department, he oversaw the dispensing of federal funds to nonprofits like Webb’s. Davis’ indictment at the time implicated Webb as a “co-conspirator,” though not directly by name. Casey Lott, Webb’s lawyer at the time, told the Daily Journal that month that “it was ‘absurd’ for DOJ to believe she conspired (with) John Davis.”

But in the March 16 bill of information, prosecutors say that “Davis, and at times others, directed WEBB … to award sham contracts purportedly for the delivery of social services to various individuals and en ies,” including to two companies owned by retired WWE wrestler Teddy DiBiase, Jr.

The do ent accuses Webb of “misapplying” $700,000 in TANF funds and $497,987 in TEFAP funds to the companies. A 2021 independent forensic audit paid for by the Mississippi Department of Human Services estimated that FRC misspent $11,539,615 in TANF funds alone between 2016 and 2019. Until resigning last week, Webb had served as the nonprofit’s director since 2005.
    https://www.mississippifreepress.org...ddy-dibiase-jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teddy DiBiase Jr.’s brother, retired WWE wrestler Brett DiBiase, pleaded guilty on charges related to the TANF scandal in December 2020. State officials say Ted DiBiase Sr. also received millions in TANF funds for his Christian ministry from MSDH under Davis’ tenure, though officials have neither accused nor charged him with a crime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MS Supreme Court slaps down Favre's appeal for dismissal.

In their filing to the state Supreme Court, Favre’s attorneys argued that Department of Human Services officials and Nancy New, who directed a nonprofit organization with Human Services contracts, “concocted and carried out the scheme” to direct welfare money toward a volleyball center, and that Favre was not part of the effort.

Attorneys for the state responded that Favre took $1.1 million in TANF money from Nancy New “for speeches he never made.”

“Favre repaid that, but he has neither repaid the $1.7 million he arranged for his drug company, Prevacus, to receive in exchange for giving Nancy New stock, nor the $5 million he orchestrated the USM Athletic Department to receive for a volleyball facility,” the state attorneys wrote.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...i-su-rcna99272

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farve "but but but i gave back 1.1 million out of 7.8 i scammed.
    I should be off scott free durrr durrr."

En led asshole.

Thread Information