Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop deserves a B- for not playing Luka that was one of the few players that decided to show up against the Jazz.

Pop deserves a B- for playing Mills more than 10 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams rarely win games where there's such a disparity in three point shooting. I thought the Spurs were way better than Sacramento throughout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was a pretty boring game. Walkers D was great. I've been disappointed in Johnson. His attention to detail is pretty poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was a pretty boring game. Walkers D was great. I've been disappointed in Johnson. His attention to detail is pretty poor.
    Like a lot of young players, he tends to lose focus from time to time. Keep in mind that last night was his 80th game played, basically the end of a normal rookie season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop went back to our best net rating lineup of DJ-Mills-Vassel/Walker-Gay- Poeltl , that won us the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game by Walker, if had 2 or 3 of those 3 pointers it would of been an A+ IMO. Loved the effort on defense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Lonnie doesn't go back on the bench, not even the next season.

We desperately need his spacing and creation.
    DJ and Keldon are one-dimensional with the ball in their hands, we need some creativity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. D is still too high for Patty. 2 pts in 22 mins and not a single 3pt attempt? Why is he playing then, no defense and didn’t shoot a 3? Being a B2B, I would expect to see Dieng and Luka tonight, and that would make not playing them understandable. Otherwise this was a good game that they held and didn’t let it go at the end. Too bad the 3’s were not going in, which would’ve buried the Kings early. Without a postup game, except some occasional from Rudy, this team doesn’t have enough 3pt shooters/firepower. Playing Luka next year should help with both, and a little more of Dieng. This game again indicates Patty is gone if he’s not helping out there. I expect more and more from Lonnie to shoulder more on offense. He is so explosive out there. Keldon was lucky Kings is such a bad defensive team and never really met him to get a charge. Keldon really needs to mix it up more with his mid-range, stop and shoot. Otherwise, it’s a good game.
    Last edited by John B; 05-08-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best was the last

The Kings run got them to -1, then the Spurs responded with their own run and held on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the first time in a long time, I was impressed with Lonnie's defense. Hopefully not another lightbulb clicking moment where it turns off a couple games later.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damnit I knew the Spurs would find a way to up their drive to the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Patty one of the Spurs who got covid?

that would explain his deterioration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs almost lost the game because they slipped into a stupid one-on-one hydra mode where DeRozan, Johnson and Murray were dribbling into traffic and either missing bad contested shots or turning it over. They froze Walker out until the very end of the game when Lonnie took over. That's always going to be the issue with Walker in the starting lineup. There are too many guys who keep "creating" by forcing hard shots for someone who struggles with being aggressive enough in the first place to get attempts. I think Johnson might need to go to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad for the win...I don't care what you say about the lottery, but losing sucks. I watch basketball for enjoyment, and there is nothing entertaining about a 5 game losing streak.

That said, 4 of 22 from three is ridiculous. I know this team isn't built to be a volume 3PT team, but if you are gonna be selective about the ones you take, you gotta at least hit your damn shots.
    Last edited by Dex; 05-08-2021 at 09:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs almost lost the game because they slipped into a stupid one-on-one hydra mode where DeRozan, Johnson and Murray were dribbling into traffic and either missing bad contested shots or turning it over. They froze Walker out until the very end of the game when Lonnie took over. That's always going to be the issue with Walker in the starting lineup. There are too many guys who keep "creating" by forcing hard shots for someone who struggles with being aggressive enough in the first place to get attempts. I think Johnson might need to go to the bench.
    I worry about this with Murray particularly. He seems to be evolving into playing that Kobe-esque style of basketball where he works himself into flashy shots, but not necessarily good shots. DeMar does the same thing a lot.

The problem is...DJ isn't Kobe and he isn't ever going to be Kobe. And assuming the Spurs are invested in him for the future, we could just end up with DeMar 2.0 on our hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worry about this with Murray particularly. He seems to be evolving into playing that Kobe-esque style of basketball where he works himself into flashy shots, but not necessarily good shots. DeMar does the same thing a lot.

The problem is...DJ isn't Kobe and he isn't ever going to be Kobe. And assuming the Spurs are invested in him for the future, we could just end up with DeMar 2.0 on our hands.
    I was thinking the same last night. Playing a mediocre team missing three of their best players, the shots were dropping, but I didn't see it as a great sign. Not enough passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Luka next year should help with both, and a little more of Dieng.

I like Dieng, but I have trouble believing he'll resign with the Spurs after seeing how many minutes Pop is willing to give to Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dieng, but I have trouble believing he'll resign with the Spurs after seeing how many minutes Pop is willing to give to Eubanks.
    I don't think he would have come on a flyer for a team not expected to really make any noise in the playoffs. And it's pretty apparent that even though he is skilled, he is still learning the system...which is to be expected. I don't think any player ever came to the Spurs and just "got it" on day one...maybe Bobo

I really hope he tries to give the Spurs the chance of a full year or two, and he could easily be our 1st or 2nd big. But Eubanks knows the system and has actually been playing well, so I think the rotation is fair tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see next year if they move Murray to shooting guard where he belongs. Also will be interesting if he actually becomes a volume 3 point shooter at any point in his career. Bc this whole 32% and making 1 three pointer a ing game is about the worst way we could develop a guard in today’s NBA. Seriously, that is ty player development.

Also KJ is in the same camp. We need spacing and these two can’t provide it right now. Even with a stretch big like Markk, that doesn’t really fix the problem if Murray AND KJ can’t shoot the ing ball from outside.

Is it possible to sign both Markk and Collins. Would love to get TJ Warren from the Pacers somehow

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see next year if they move Murray to shooting guard where he belongs. Also will be interesting if he actually becomes a volume 3 point shooter at any point in his career. Bc this whole 32% and making 1 three pointer a ing game is about the worst way we could develop a guard in today’s NBA. Seriously, that is ty player development.

Also KJ is in the same camp. We need spacing and these two can’t provide it right now. Even with a stretch big like Markk, that doesn’t really fix the problem if Murray AND KJ can’t shoot the ing ball from outside.

Is it possible to sign both Markk and Collins. Would love to get TJ Warren from the Pacers somehow
    Why would they move him to shooting guard if he can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he ain’t a PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they move him to shooting guard if he can't shoot.
    Bc he can’t run an offense and is ty as a PG. And White does a better job at it. Murray has learned midrange so there is hope he can learn to shoot 3s but asking him to learn both might be impossible. So I rather him learn to shoot 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs three point shooters. Preferably ones that aren’t no defense playing midgets like Forbes and Mills.

Thread Information