Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In those two seasons, the rosters actually fitted together. The current team has too many redundancies and weaknesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are old guys who will take their dog to the park, every sunny day, to let the dog off the leash, and watch it run around. Doesn’t matter what the dog does, they just like watching it.

People think it’s some basketball reason. It isn’t. Pop plays Patty because he likes watching Patty run around out there.

I am not kidding.
    The Racism here is really apparent. Compare Mills, a grown ass black man, to a dog and Pop, the white guy, as Mills’ owner. All bc of a child’s game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is better than we all thought. Never imagined those words would come out of my mouth but here we are.

The longer Pop stays the longer the recovery

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Pop suppose to win when he his best player is the 82nd best in the NBA. Give him PHI roster and he would win a championship 1000%.
    Who's fault is that? He allowed S bag/Raptors to take them for a ride and has refused to re-build because he wants the regular season wins record and doesn't want to coach a re-building team.

He was still good in 18-19 , 6th ranked offense with a heavy midrange attack and top 10 defense heading into the playoffs. That is borderline contender numbers with a roster of spare parts from a contending team.

17-18 was still an 8th net rating team even when Kawhi barely played.
    They were 19th defensively and 12th in MOG (or point differential) and SOS, nowhere near borderline contender territory. Flawed as they were, that team also had a late prime Aldridge and tons of plus - elite 3-point shooting role players.

17-18 was peak Aldridge and elite defense from a prideful, continuity/chemistry laden, residue of winning type team.

The fact that 3-point shooting is an even bigger problem than a half decade ago and he's pleased with Murray's development despite him playing like it's 2001, says all you need to know about how out of touch him and this organization are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't shot a lot of 3s since 2016, but they always shot great percentages cause they had elite talent. Crazy that Flopovich hasn't adjusted for 5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't shot a lot of 3s since 2016, but they always shot great percentages cause they had elite talent. Crazy that Flopovich hasn't adjusted for 5 years
    He has adjusted. He no longer is creating an offense for his team makeup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLUF - FO - F x 4 years
    HC - retired on actve duty - F-
    Team has some talent but not enough shooters C Talent
    Mediocrity reigns and it might be worse next year C future unless a big change

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's fault is that? He allowed S bag/Raptors to take them for a ride and has refused to re-build because he wants the regular season wins record and doesn't want to coach a re-building team.

They were 19th defensively and 12th in MOG (or point differential) and SOS, nowhere near borderline contender territory. Flawed as they were, that team also had a late prime Aldridge and tons of plus - elite 3-point shooting role players.

17-18 was peak Aldridge and elite defense from a prideful, continuity/chemistry laden, residue of winning type team.

The fact that 3-point shooting is an even bigger problem than a half decade ago and he's pleased with Murray's development despite him playing like it's 2001, says all you need to know about how out of touch him and this organization are.
    Agreed. I wanted Pop to just gut the team when Kawhi wanted out but Pop decided he wanted to have a thread mill team so he could keep chasing the all time coaching win's record instead of doing the proper rebuild. I get annoyed when people scream "Well he did a great coaching job in leading the Spurs to the playoffs in from '17-'19' without acknowledging the truth which was peak LMA carrying the load for those 2 years along with some good role players. The moment LMA fell off is the moment this team became a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice thread by the OP. Lots of original thoughts conveyed.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I wanted Pop to just gut the team when Kawhi wanted out but Pop decided he wanted to have a thread mill team so he could keep chasing the all time coaching win's record instead of doing the proper rebuild. I get annoyed when people scream "Well he did a great coaching job in leading the Spurs to the playoffs in from '17-'19' without acknowledging the truth which was peak LMA carrying the load for those 2 years along with some good role players. The moment LMA fell off is the moment this team became a lottery team.
    Agreed. It was such an obvious rebuilding moment. They could have built around LMA even, though it would have been smart to sell high. Instead we got Derozan and have been stuck in midrange since then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. It was such an obvious rebuilding moment. They could have built around LMA even, though it would have been smart to sell high. Instead we got Derozan and have been stuck in midrange since then.
    They should have sold Lamarcus when his value was at an all time high in the summer of '18. I get they were paranoid of trading Kawhi to a team that would have eventually traded him to the Lakers but they had perfect place to send him which was Charlotte. The Hornets were willing to do a swap of Kemba for Kawhi. Send Kawhi to the ty Hornets where he would not have been in a position to get a ring. Get Kemba for 1 year rental and then allow him to bolt and just rebuild the team.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have sold Lamarcus when his value was at an all time high in the summer of '18. I get they were paranoid of trading Kawhi to a team that would have eventually traded him to the Lakers but they had perfect place to send him which was Charlotte. The Hornets were willing to do a swap of Kemba for Kawhi. Send Kawhi to the ty Hornets where he would not have been in a position to get a ring. Get Kemba for 1 year rental and then allow him to bolt and just rebuild the team.
    Isn’t Mitch “take that Meyotch” Kupchak the CHA GM? Obviously, Borrego is there to potentially facilitate a trade, but I wonder if that Laker connection would have been another roadblock?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once it became apparent that S bag had successfully tanked his value to such an extent that they couldn't get Brown (the obvious target, since Tatum was never going to be realistic) or a comparable and were going to get pennies on the dollar, they should have offered him and 18 to the Clippers for Harris, 12 and 13.

That way he wouldn't have been in prime position to win a (tainted) championship immediately and they could have had two of Gilgeous-Alexander, (Miles) Bridges and Porter Jr.

Thread Information