Derozan scored 2 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18-7 run also later to take the lead.

Memphis 74 Spurs 65
    Spurs 83 Memphis 81

Derozan scored 2 points.
    Gorgiu Dieng scoring 6 points in 45 seconds. A 2+1 and a trey. All while improving the D and rebounding.
    Taken out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very nice find!! Good grief ... it's just right there in the open!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the Grizzlies credit, Dillon Brooks was a beast defending Demar all night.

Even Curry went 6-15 when being guarded by Brooks in last night’s game. Dude’s been playing amazing D.

But did playoff Derozan show up again? Yeah, unfortunately for him, and the Spurs. I was hoping we’d see him overcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar derozan is the enemy of team basketball. Offensively and defensively. It’s been obvious to anyone really watching all year that doesn’t get consumed by the 20 points a night he gets by pump faking and running time off the shot clock.

“Leave me on derozan island and I’ll be the first to get the pineapple” ok dude. Maybe they let you iso everytime in clutch situations because teams understand 10 seconds of dribbling followed by a series of pump fakes into a contested 2 is not a good possession regardless of the shot going in or not. So they refuse to send help because THATS THE SHOT TEAMS WANT THE SPURS TO TAKE.

Then you factor in a one on one defender the likes of Brooks who has consistently punked derozan this year, not falling for his usual tricks and it’s a wrap for Demar. Godspeed to whoever signs him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find a sucker who will give us something decent for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the Grizzlies credit, Dillon Brooks was a beast defending Demar all night.

Even Curry went 6-15 when being guarded by Brooks in last night’s game. Dude’s been playing amazing D.

But did playoff Derozan show up again? Yeah, unfortunately for him, and the Spurs. I was hoping we’d see him overcome.
    Brooks definitely got in DeMars head, but he also missed a bunch of open shots he normally hits.

It got to the point where I started to wonder if he was missing on purpose.

I was previously on the "keep DeMar" wagon earlier in the season when he was playing well and at least pretending to look at the three-point line....but that all waned over the season. He stopped taking threes, his defense went from just meh to dreadful, and right in line with his reputation, he completely shrank in the game the Spurs needed him most.

Spurs will definitely hurt for his offense if he leaves and I'm not yet convinced the young guns are ready to pick up that slack, but it's time to end the experiment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FKLA to be along shorty to defend DDR as not having enough help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FKLA to be along shorty to defend DDR as not having enough help
    And tell us we're just one healthy Derrick White season away from winning it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks definitely got in DeMars head, but he also missed a bunch of open shots he normally hits.

It got to the point where I started to wonder if he was missing on purpose.

I was previously on the "keep DeMar" wagon earlier in the season when he was playing well and at least pretending to look at the three-point line....but that all waned over the season. He stopped taking threes, his defense went from just meh to dreadful, and right in line with his reputation, he completely shrank in the game the Spurs needed him most.

Spurs will definitely hurt for his offense if he leaves and I'm not yet convinced the young guns are ready to pick up that slack, but it's time to end the experiment.
    there's a case to be made that the compressed covid season prevented Demar from reaching the potential he had last year. Tired legs defaulting to old habits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last third of the season was brutal in terms of scheduling. I mean, if the Spurs had a 2013-2014 deep team, they would be fine. But the Spurs were a end of the playoff team. I am surprised Gay played so well towards the end of the season. Guys like Mills and DDR, really fell off towards the end.

Thread Information