Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1. Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, camera goes to Tony's view looking at door (random lady comes in)
    2. Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, camera goes to Tony's view looking at door (old man in USA hat comes in)
    3. Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, camera goes to Tony's view looking at door (Carmella comes in)
    4. Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, camera goes to Tony's view looking at door (Members Only Guy comes in, followed by AJ not too far behind)

Members Only Guy goes to men's room with a 100% clear line of sight straight to Tony since Meadow isn't sitting there. Meadow runs across the street an into Holsten's

5. Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, then pitch black (Meadow comes in)

I don't see how anyone can interpret that as anything other than Members Only Guy pulling a Michael Corleone on Tony. They get that Godfather reference into the last scene as well as the Goodfellas reference that you never see it coming when you're murdered (which Bobby also brought up in the episode they were on the boat going to Canada).

I don't see what's ambiguous about that ending. It's a crystal clear pattern

Bell rings, camera goes to straight on shot of Tony's face, camera goes to Tony's view looking at door

Except in the fifth time Tony's view is black because he's killed instantly by Members Only Guy who could just walk straight up to him and blow his brains out since the seat next to Tony is empty.

It's easily my favorite ending I have seen to any series.
    Yeah the godfather thing was on the nose. Just didn't provide satisfying closure for me. After his selfish detestable acts, I wanted to see him fall not have it fade to black from his pov.

I respect its efforts tho, just didn't do it for me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    also surprised no one has mentioned mad men yet

maybe not the goat, but probably my personal favorite and definitely among the greatest ever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I have not watched the before mentioned. My favorite are Mr.Robot and Last Kingdom.

Seinfeld, Friends and Community

Cheers and Office are also great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In the last year, I've rewatched Sopranos, the Wire, and BB. The Sopranos felt a little dated in how the series was shot and written. Still great but right now, I've got:

1) BB
    2) The Wire
    3) The Sopranos

Not sure where the rest of my top 5 winds up. Better Call Saul, Bosch, Downton Abbey probably get to top 6 in some order. About to rewatch DA.
    Sherlock was also great but it was almost like watching several individual movies.
    Great List. Don't know if it counts, as it's more of an anthology, but Season 1 of True Detective is pretty awesome also.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great List. Don't know if it counts, as it's more of an anthology, but Season 1 of True Detective is pretty awesome also.
    Yeah...that first season of True Detective is one of the best seasons of any series. But Season 2 sucked and Season 3 was just OK. Not enough to qualify in a top 10 list.

I also thought of including Sherlock but it didn't feel right because of the format. It'd be in my top 5 or 6 though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    also surprised no one has mentioned mad men yet

maybe not the goat, but probably my personal favorite and definitely among the greatest ever
    Yeah...Mad Men is up there for sure. It's somewhere between 4 and 6 for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah Mad Men would be in my top 5 as well

Season 1 of True Detective was great. didnt even make it through season 2.

season 1 of mr robot was fun. imo the show got worse and worse with each season. however the plot twist in season 2 was an amazing moment

first half of Dexter was top notch. 2nd half was pretty dull

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't know if it is in my top 5, but Luther was really good. Mad Men is up there for me too.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Is realism a parameter? Because nobody's really mentioning the comedies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10501568[/URL]]Is realism a parameter? Because nobody's really mentioning the comedies.
    I didn’t really specify but it’s usually implied that we’re talking about dramas unless specified.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10501429[/URL]]I don't know if it is in my top 5, but Luther was really good. Mad Men is up there for me too.
    Luther is great. Hadn’t really considered it. Maybe because of the relatively few seasons compared to the rest.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Luther is great. Hadn’t really considered it. Maybe because of the relatively few seasons compared to the rest.
    True, but 5 seasons only 20 eps

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    As far as a completed vision, I can't put Lost or Game of Thrones in my top tier. But in terms of shows that I most enjoyed watching on their run? Shows that I couldn't wait to see the next episode or read episode recaps for? Not sure anything else compares. Sucks that they had crappy endings and didn't follow through on their potential.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I didn’t really specify but it’s usually implied that we’re talking about dramas unless specified.
    Then I don't have much problem with what's being put forth other than to quintuple down on 'The Wire' being the most over-rated show on ST by far.
    It's as if all the neckbeards here would never forgive themselves if they didn't appease their white guilt.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Don't derp up this thread, derp. Just relax for once.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everything that is the best thing ever is always called overrated these days bc of the reddit TIL type internet

For my money I've still not seen anything supersede the wire. Done 3 or so full rewatches. I can see myself watching all of it again some time in the future.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Don't derp up this thread, derp. Just relax for once.
    You're the one derping it up with stupid like this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    here we go again

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    TUBI stream has brought back the series "Family" from 1976. Loved this is in the circa and it's a fine transfer; uncut, with a few 1 minute commercials during each episode. All 5 seasons/83 episodes are right there.

Also, the H&I network on cable is showing "Hill Street Blues" and are about to restart from Season One within the next week. (restarts tonight, early Friday morning with Episode 1.)

HEADS UP!!!
    Last edited by Thread; 06-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information