Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Bertans ended up having career years after leaving... and we replaced them with DeMarre Carroll whom we signed for 3 years.

We extended Richard Jefferson and Pau Gasol... who was like 37 years old at the time.

We wasted first round picks on European players who will never come over when we could have flipped them for picks or trades.

Managed to get neither Siakim nor OG in the trade for nephew... Raptors needed a reset more than we needed to move nephew. We did them a favor getting Derozan off of their hands.

The number of head scratching moves PATFO have made over the years... boggles my mind.
    Last edited by kht; 05-10-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Bertans ended up having career years after leaving... and we replaced with DeMarre Carroll who we signed for 3 years.

We extended Richard Jefferson and Pau Gasol... who was like 37 years old at the time.

We wasted first round picks on European players who will come over when we could have flipped them for picks or trades.

Managed to get neither Siakim nor OG in the trade for nephew... Raptors needed a reset more than we needed to move nephew. We did them a favor getting Derozan off of their hands.

The number of head scratching moves PATFO have made over the years... boggles my mind.
    That Jefferson one was one of the moves that got us the chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we back in 2018??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we back in 2018??
    Some people are. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP has a point... Forbes was somehow good enough to take away important developmental minutes from multiple young players, but not good enough to re-sign or trade for anything at all, not even a 2nd round pick. It was an odd decision on the part of the FO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think OP was part of that blip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every front office makes bad decisions. It's part of the game. You should try to be a fan of a truy ty franchise. The Spur definitely need shooting -- you can see what Mills did to kill the Bucks tonight -- but Forbes wasn't it.

And Bertans. *jack off motions* He plays on a lousy team and gets to fire shots while doing nothing else. Whatever.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every front office makes bad decisions. It's part of the game. You should try to be a fan of a truy ty franchise. The Spur definitely need shooting -- you can see what Mills did to kill the Bucks tonight -- but Forbes wasn't it.

And Bertans. He plays on a lousy team and gets to fire shots while doing nothing else. Whatever.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans isn't even having a career year. His numbers are down across the board. And is an atrocious defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the newsflash. Gripping, relevant information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bertans and Forbes are the FO's errors, then they're doing fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did Danny Green.

That Pau contract will always be the worst thing ever.
    Here's a loyalty contract, even though you dogged us a few times and then eventually signed with us when you were over the hill.
    Then ran away again.

Patfo are deadset a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol's contract was fine for the player of his skill. But the Spurs invested in the wrong position then traded for that position. Gasol's production was fine before the broken leg. Then it was goodbye career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So OP wanted to pay bertans 80 million to shoot 3's and be one of the worst defenders in the league ?

His numbers are down across the board from last year as well since the wizards only exist now to get westbrook triple doubles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't get over tha fact they played a tank you Bryn video. Guess Pop made that himself...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't get over tha fact they played a tank you Bryn video. Guess Pop made that himself...

The raptors gave amir Johnson a tribute video. It's not that serious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes? the guy that most though would be out of the League by this point? the guy that people wanted out of SA! news flag, he always had it and true fans would not be surpised if he had a similar years away from the team. Nothing new, it a league of shooter and shooter will always be needed no matter how bad their defense is....Jokes on those that thought Forbes sucked and wasn't am NBA Player.

bertans- he went from being a 4/5th option to a 2nd/3rd option..One could also argue that he didn't really make a big of jump as op is trying to say.

Siakim, en sucks. One the most overhyped player just can't do . One can slso say that Jakob has provided more for this teams than both Siakim and OG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes would be taking minutes from Lonnie at SG. Would you rather have Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes? the guy that most though would be out of the League by this point? the guy that people wanted out of SA! news flag, he always had it and true fans would not be surpised if he had a similar years away from the team. Nothing new, it a league of shooter and shooter will always be needed no matter how bad their defense is....Jokes on those that thought Forbes sucked and wasn't am NBA Player.
    I agree. He was really helpful for the Spurs last night too when Pop was consistently setting up plays to attack him and score at wll.

bertans- he went from being a 4/5th option to a 2nd/3rd option..One could also argue that he didn't really make a big of jump as op is trying to say.
    2nd/3rd option? He's at 8.3 FGAs per game, this somewhere between Poeltl and Mills. He also shoots 40% from the field and has a PER equal to Lyles's.

Siakim, en sucks. One the most overhyped player just can't do . One can slso say that Jakob has provided more for this teams than both Siakim and OG
    Agree about Siakam, he's not a max player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is still doing what Forbes does, and that's getting abused on defense. Even Pop was targeting him anytime he was on the floor and he was powerless to stop it, then would go into his pouting act every time he got abused.

Great shooter who can't do anything else useful on the basketball court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL pining for Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol's contract was fine for the player of his skill. But the Spurs invested in the wrong position then traded for that position. Gasol's production was fine before the broken leg. Then it was goodbye career.
    gasol was .

Thread Information