Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like he puts in the work and actually wants to be great. Also sounds like he may want to remain a Spur throughout his career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is the face of the franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article, thanks for sharing. It really gives pause to the thought of shipping out someone just as an effort to shake things up. Of course, they (the young guys) will learn it is a business but the potential impact on chemistry as they grow together is part of the equation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte&white future all stars!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is fake news according to Chinook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Gafford stands out here, as the first unexpected name. He's a guy that popped for me with the eye test first, and advanced stats second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is fake news according to Chinook.
    No amount of facts can be used to sway his opinion (as with most folks here). Better to leave it alone.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-12-2021 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard not to like this kid, he wants to be great and you can tell he wants to be the leader of this team going forward. Getting better each and every year, this is pretty much his first real year with no minutes restrictions and off Pops leash, I expect a huge jump next year for him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still skeptical of Murray because of his lack of speed & strength, but even lately, I've seen some crossovers that look super quick, as well as his improved court vision & obviously his jumper to the point where I think he can be a decent 2nd option on a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I too am impressed with how DJM has progressed. I see 2 guard written all over him. Still not fond of his decision making AND I think to save his energy and have him not worry so much about setting things up.
    Also I have noted that he seems not to be able to jump off one leg like when he gets a pass on a fast break at the rim he just cannot explode up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a little skeptical last year, but he was coming off an ACL. He's right at 16, 7and 5.5
    That's pretty damn good numbers
    He's never going to be a pure point guard, but pairing him with another ball handler works.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs to spend a LOT more time in the gym if he wants to chuck with reckless abandon like he does. He is way too inefficient to be calling his own number as often as he does. I partially blame this on the coaches(for not reining him in more often) and the senior players like Demar for being a bad influence on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs to spend a LOT more time in the gym if he wants to chuck with reckless abandon like he does. He is way too inefficient to be calling his own number as often as he does. I partially blame this on the coaches(for not reining him in more often) and the senior players like Demar for being a bad influence on him.
    He’s fine if he doesn’t fare or spin. Those two things cause 75% of his misses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tad more structure and discipline on the offensive end would go along way. I can’t hate on a guy who has as much heart as him and plays so hard on BOTH sides of the ball. His development to date is a hybrid between TP and Kahwi’s At a similiar stage in their respective careers. On average at best Spurs teams with a coach Pop who is a s of his former self.... not too shaby. Still has a mountain of upside and room for growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry dominating. Pretty damn good company. Nice to see Danny Green in there. Never understood how he was a throw in in the Kahwi trade. He alone was worth a first, maybe even a 1st plus Jak when you consider the cash.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is the face of the franchise
    no wonder we suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry dominating. Pretty damn good company. Nice to see Danny Green in there. Never understood how he was a throw in in the Kahwi trade. He alone was worth a first, maybe even a 1st plus Jak when you consider the cash.
    He had a player option that he picked up when the Spurs no longer wanted him, so he was the salary ballast. I think he and pop had each had enough of each other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a player option that he picked up when the Spurs no longer wanted him, so he was the salary ballast. I think he and pop had each had enough of each other.
    I'm pretty sure that Pop had had enough of Danny; I've heard that before. I've gotten the impression it was mutual though.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    danny suuuuuuuucked before they shipped him

part of that was pop trying to get him to grow as a player (ie dribble) and part may have been the fit on the team schemes and part may have been danny needed a change

love me some verde ftr

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dett fast break defense tho

Thread Information