Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed?

Watching them now against the Knicks. Can't run any offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They look real average right now but factor Lebron coming back and they will be a juggernaut again. I give the Spurs 10 percent odds of beating them in a play in game. It will take something fluky to do it such as hitting 20 3’s on 60 percent shooting.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes it would make the entire DDR era worth it imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care. Winning against any team would be an achievement. As long as Nephew doesn't ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be awesome but you know Silver would let LeBron be the lead official in a game like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is taking time off to get his PEDs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is taking time off to get his PEDs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's daddy(Adam Silver) will never allow it. The lakers should have a of a lot more loses than they do. Let's not forget, just a few weeks ago they played Utah and the whole game Utah shot 8 freethrows. No team's defense is that good to hold another team to 8 ing freethrows the whole game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you're on this board long enough you can witness the younger generation of spurs fans inherit that loser mentality from their fathers where they blame the refs for everything.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate LeBron, so I'm fine with most of the field winning except:

1. Celtics...they're done anyways, so nothing to worry about
    2. Clippers...losers should stay losers, MLB was ruined when Red Sox and Cubs started winning
    3. Nets...Harden winning a ring would devalue championships even more
    4. Spurs...just to enjoy the annual meltdown of you people blaming the refs as a reason your middling franchise comes up short again
    You need to go upstairs and troll some of our fanbase. They really think they can take the Lakers in the play-in
    If you're on this board long enough you can witness the younger generation of spurs fans inherit that loser mentality from their fathers where they blame the refs for everything.
    Good boy!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers losing in the play-in round would be pretty funny, but I wanted them to finish #6 and play the Clippers in round 1, ensuring that one of those teams doesn't even make the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers always look lost without lebron. It was the case when he was healthy as well.

come play in he will be so absolutely juiced on a tail of bull and motivated to not face a summer of Twitter memes it won’t matter who they are playing and they will be licking their lips if it’s Demar derozan’s spurs they have to beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can beat anybody if they play right. The 2nd time though would be harder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously any team can win 1 game. Too bad in a game that means somethin, it wont be the spurs unfortunately

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that knocking the Lakers out of the play in would be fun, but I'd say at this point, you're counting your chickens before they hatch... Also, the Lakers would land a lottery pick at that point... and you know that Silver would play games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that knocking the Lakers out of the play in would be fun, but I'd say at this point, you're counting your chickens before they hatch... Also, the Lakers would land a lottery pick at that point... and you know that Silver would play games.
    A bit of an aside, but speaking of that, the one virtual lock for the lottery this season is the Warriors getting the Timberwolves pick.

No way they're letting the hour glass to continue to drain on the 1b glamour franchise/player's late prime without setting them up to potentially make a blockbuster trade that vaults back into immediate championship contention.

Media hasn't been this desperate for a quick fix since the '18 off season, when it was operation fix Lakers until James provided a life jacket for their drowning asses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have a lottery pick this year than beat the Lakers in a playoff. We haven't had a rivalry with them since Kobe Bryant retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I agree that sending the Lakers packing in the play-in tournament would make this season a 10/10 success

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to get a higher pick but if the choice is that or knocking out the lakers.... that's an easy choice for me... Beat LA...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have a lottery pick this year than beat the Lakers in a playoff. We haven't had a rivalry with them since Kobe Bryant retired.
    Since smoking them in the playoffs in 2013 and sending them to several years of irrelevance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making playoffs likely costs the Spurs about two to four draft spots. Would be picking behind the two west play-in losers. In terms of East teams, they could conceivably pick behind all of Bos/Cha/Ind/Was if they end up with a better record than everyone who makes playoffs. But more likely that they weren’t picking ahead of the two play-in losers anyway from the East.

(It also costs them an outside shot at a top 4 pick)

Best case if they don’t make playoffs is for Boston to also miss, as well as whoever finishes ninth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At myopic Spurs fans. Why would beating the Lakers supersede 1) Any chance at moving into the top 3 and selecting the kind of potentially foundational youth this team lacks and 2) Further clearing the path for S bag to stroll to the Finals? I don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the delusion with this thread. Couldn't even beat the tiest team of all the options in the play-in.

Thread Information