Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs not to bear weight on that foot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a variation on the old wounded wideout routine in football.

The receiver is limping so badly that he can't even get to the sideline and stays in the game, flanked out wide, then steaks down the sideline for a fly pattern TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he can wipe his own ass lol I remember kawhis fake ass limp when he was injured with us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to showcase him first if he can get healthy for a prolonged period. Not against trading him given the glut at the guard spot but he probably won’t get you anything in return. This team will need a few years post Pop to really get any positive momentum, by that time White will be pushing 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to showcase him first if he can get healthy for a prolonged period. Not against trading him given the glut at the guard spot but he probably won’t get you anything in return. This team will need a few years post Pop to really get any positive momentum, by that time White will be pushing 30.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he can wipe his own ass lol I remember kawhis fake ass limp when he was injured with us
    the fake ass limp while simultaneously looking into the TV cameras for the first time in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen was signed at age 30, made 8 All Defense teams, and was an elite 3 pt. shooter. There is life after 30 in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan didn't win his first championship until he was 28.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was White in a walking boot? if it's a high ankle sprain and he's supposed to keep weight off of it, it seems crazy to be using a cane but not a boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they're waiting to see if the ankle will heal on its own before opting for surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is so funny? No retort just lol. Great value add. I like White, especially his ability as a 2 way player and potential to be a volume, above average 3pt shooter. I also think his contract is fair. With that being said, he and Walker are my preferred chips to move to rebalance this roster which is much needed. Injuries are apart of the game but I doubt there are many suitors prepared to give anything of value 4 years into an inconsistent and injury prone career. If he can put together a full season of consistent play than he might be a solid trade chip which given our current trajectory is the only way we are likely to improve this club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had that surgery-- torn syndesmosis ligament. If White had that surgery this month, he'd be ready to play in October. Hopefully it's just stretched/strained, but what a drag that he won't be available for the play in game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen was signed at age 30, made 8 All Defense teams, and was an elite 3 pt. shooter. There is life after 30 in the NBA.
    I absolutely agree, especially these days given genetics/science, nutrition, player resting etc etc. Bowen is arguably the original and to date a top 5 all-time greatest 3 and D player. Probably helped him hone his craft joining four hall of Famers in DRob, TD, Manu and TP but still. My argument is this team needs to rebalance a very poorly constructed roster. We have 6-8 above average role players that could add immediate value to a real playoff team. To me realizing White’s trade value via a consistent and healthy season is something I’d be considering while keeping with the youth movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 6-8 above average role players that could add immediate value to a real playoff team.
    This is something I think about a lot with this team.. Like could a team that goes six deep with #3 level options win a championship? I think it's possible, but very unlikely. At this point, that's the best case scenario for this roster. It's a team that would be easy to root for, but I think there has to be at least one daring move made by the FO to put the Spurs in legit contention for an actual championship. Even a #2 and five deep on #3s would be a big step forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if they're waiting to see if the ankle will heal on its own before opting for surgery.
    Do they perform surgery on high ankle sprains now? Used to be rest until it's better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they perform surgery on high ankle sprains now? Used to be rest until it's better.
    Lebron needs to hit up our boy Derrick with his HGH guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on the damage to the syndesmosis ligament. If it's a tiny tear, it can heal up on its own with rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still joins the team even during the trip, so I wouldn't put a lot to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is something I think about a lot with this team.. Like could a team that goes six deep with #3 level options win a championship? I think it's possible, but very unlikely. At this point, that's the best case scenario for this roster. It's a team that would be easy to root for, but I think there has to be at least one daring move made by the FO to put the Spurs in legit contention for an actual championship. Even a #2 and five deep on #3s would be a big step forward.
    2004-2006 Pistons are the only team that comes to mind. Even than Sheed, RIP, Billups, Prince and Ben Walllace were all better versions of what we currently have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canes are used very often for balance and stability as much as reduction of load. I didn't see how he was walking with it. If someone is walking with a cane for balance the cane will likely be held with the top part of the palm touching the cane; load-bearing touching the base of the palm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still joins the team even during the trip, so I wouldn't put a lot to this.
    Probably better off hiding out in New York working with his rehab team

Thread Information