Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    time for a fight

lets go you crippie re

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The fact that you haven't watched it yet speaks for itself, I guess with all that gobbling you haven't found the time. I get it haha.

But I must admit I love science, I really really do. I love looking at something and trying to understand the most basic components of it and how it works.
    In fact one of my most challenging tasks as an undergrad was to write a research paper about any topic that pertained to human behavioral development. I undertook the daunting task of "the evolution of religion".It was very difficult at first because I didn't want to offend anyone, and I wanted to come from an un-biased approach. I used my personal background as an EX-islamic and EX-christian (yes I've read [most of] the Bible) to construct it.

I investigated Judaism for the sake of the paper (due to it being the oldest major monotheistic religion). But what I found most fascinating was to close my eyes and imagine what an early hominid individual would have seen, felt, and feared from his surroundings. That is where I developed one of my theories of myth creation that may have led to the development of good versus evil, and so on as the generations progressed. It is fascinating how we can create an illusion of though from conscious and subconscious experiences into a concrete mythical situation that may or may not ever occur. The answer to how these thoughts occur lies in the evolution of our brain, how the happenstance of a developmental quirk collaborated so beautifully with the survivability of that organism into believing in something that wasn't there. That my friend is a discussion better left for some chai and attentive ears

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you lost me at the first sentence!

haha Maybe it'd just personal experience, but an education degree (by that I mean general studies teaching at the middle school or below level here in texas) Has no concrete background in relevance to what they teach, it attempts to give teaching methods but in reality they reciprocate everything from textbooks and ppts. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on educators, don't get me wrong I appreciate what they do, but most lower level teachers aren't well versed scientific studies. This presents a problem in how the information is transferred from teacher to student, the teacher forces them to memorize it just because thats their "job", but a true educator must be passionate about what he/she teaches, they must be so well versed in the matter that they want to get everyone around them curious and excited to learn more. Here in Texas we are failing at that by letting teachers for young minds fall short of this standard, and just take the most basic of classes to get by.

Now, as a biologist (that means I actually have my bachelors of Science* not bachelors of arts!) in specifically biology, I am able to tell you there is a HUGE difference between degrees earned, AND from what university it was earned from. In addition, specific instructors make it even more of a black or white issue. The class/ grade/ hours that are required to complete each degree are vastly different. Not to mention the difference in applied sciences (which is a generic degree taking the normal core science classes required by all, and then 2-3 in environmental biology fields, which is very broad itself!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I clean s for my job. There was a 30 year old penis the other day I swear he never touched it or something because what came out of it was a thick clay like substance that my assistant claimed smelled like putrid hot garbage, like a dozen maggoty goat cheese wheels in the sun.
    It took forever trying to scrape all of it out of there. Couldn't even pull the damned foreskin down at first it was stuck, glued fast to the cheese clay crust in there. The gunk broke several examination swabs (giant q-tips) so I gave up and used the tongue depressers like a spade to shovel it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information