Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we get smoked by both Portland and Dallas. LAL got too many injuries but I'd never bet against Lebron and AD.

GSW seem like the easiest of them/Memphis since it's one man show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs arent winning either way,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It literally doesn't matter, Spurs will be steamrolled by whoever they play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should just hope it's a quick and painless death. Memphis will destroy them like they have all season. GS is peaking at the right time and Pop will be stupid enough to put Mills on Curry for stretches. Lakers even without LeBron should beat this team. You can't expect success when you're the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one game, anything can happen, but Steph's off ball movement & Morant's quickness have given us more problems than any other players this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why anybody would want the Spurs to get into the playoffs. They are going to get swept by either the Jazz or the Suns if they do somehow get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the gameplan is to outshoot the Spurs from 3's. You know Derozan's pussy ass will counter it with his midrange 2's and free throws.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Mills-Curry matchup should be exciting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Mills-Curry matchup should be exciting
    Half of Curry's PPG should be when Mills is guarding him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAL is limping. SA could certainly beat them if they don't win their first game. Still, both Memphis and GS are games the Spurs have a definite chance in. There's no huge talent disparity that would knock them out. If the Lakers are ready to go, then I think I'd prefer to play Memphis and GS both at their (relative) full strengths.

Looking beyond that, the Spurs should totally rest everyone and drop both games to Phoenix. The Spurs have a chance to beat the Suns in a series. Their match-up against Utah is way worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry gon score 60 on us 10+ threes

Murrant 50, 15 layups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry gon score 60 on Patty 10+ threes

Murrant 50, 15 layups
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I got to pick up the matchups, I'd pick Memphis as the ninth seed and Dallas to lose the 7 vs. 8 matchup. The Grizzlies killed the Spurs at the AT&T Center -- but they're like the Spurs in that they've been better on the road. The Spurs playing in Memphis in 9 vs. 10 would probably be something close to a coin flip. Maybe 40/60 in favor of the Grizzlies.

If the Mavs fall to the 7th seed and then lose to the 8th seed, I could see them falling apart if they meet any type of adversity in that second game. Doncic and Porzingis hate each other so the Mavs imploding when the going gets tough isn't difficult to imagine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a chance against both since its a one game.
    Hoping we get the lakers in the 2nd game its worth the fun of hoping for a win. .. ah maybe AD gets injured and trust pop to keep lebron quite.

Huge upset and seoson success ; ))

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makin playoffs just to make up the numbers, while pos on the team continue to get minutes ahead of younger players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been getting their asses kicked by every team that actually tries to win. Not sure how anyone thinks they're gonna win an elimination game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been getting their asses kicked by every team that actually tries to win. Not sure how anyone thinks they're gonna win an elimination game.

DeStar and proven championship scorer Mills, what more do you need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I got to pick up the matchups, I'd pick Memphis as the ninth seed and Dallas to lose the 7 vs. 8 matchup. The Grizzlies killed the Spurs at the AT&T Center -- but they're like the Spurs in that they've been better on the road. The Spurs playing in Memphis in 9 vs. 10 would probably be something close to a coin flip. Maybe 40/60 in favor of the Grizzlies.

If the Mavs fall to the 7th seed and then lose to the 8th seed, I could see them falling apart if they meet any type of adversity in that second game. Doncic and Porzingis hate each other so the Mavs imploding when the going gets tough isn't difficult to imagine.
    Lakers will be the 7th seed. Mavs are playing cavs and i think okc. Both are tanking hard. They need to lose both, and lakers win their last remaining games. Both portland and dallas have a tiebreaker over lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see the replay on that foul on Booker. But the one view I saw looked like a shocking call to give Lakers the 6th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it matters. The Spurs are shooting the 3 so poorly that they will not be able to win twice against any of these teams unless the other team implodes. They miss Derrick White in the worst way.

For implosion scenarios, I think Grizzlies and Dallas are vulnerable. Caveat: I have no idea what is going on with the Lakers but I am counting on the reffing to favor them. I also haven't followed GSW too closely, although Curry is playing in God mode. I do think GSW is vulnerable with just Curry as their weapon. However, I can't give the Spurs an edge while they remain so adverse to the 3 and shooting so poorly as a team.

Dallas is unlikely to fold twice against the Spurs. It just seems that Luka is unfazed by pressure and Porzingis has given Jakob fits. The Blazers have been on a tear.

Memphis is the most vulnerable. Very inconsistent and streaky shooting team. Morant is not yet developed as a closer. I've seen him be prone to carelessness in close games and they have dropped several in the recent past to teams they should have clearly beaten. They have cooled off considerably from 3 as well and Jaren Jackson returning from his injury has not played particularly well either. The problem for the Spurs is that the Grizzlies enjoy kicking the Spurs ass, and even with their struggles from 3, they are likely going to shoot better than the Spurs (and more often).

TLDR: If the Spurs had White they could surprise any team in the lower bracket, but with their current struggles with the 3 ball, they are doomed.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-14-2021 at 06:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs play good on the road, so anything could happen. I really wish Derrick is back, but if Lonnie would put the weight on his shoulder, anything could happen. Dieng should be inspired to beat his ex-team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills trying to guard Curry or Ja

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're not going to win the ship anyway. might as well have a shot at knocking the lakers out tbh

Thread Information