My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mandatory celebration song going forward

If we win of course

Last edited by lefty; 05-14-2021 at 01:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree about Murray and KJ's defense tbh. Thought they made poor decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say it's now game rest and more training drills all for the play in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good now pop and rest Patty so he can play 35 min in the play in game loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It needs to be said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we get the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It needs to be said.

shoutout Metu for missing that 3 also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good now pop and rest Patty so he can play 35 min in the play in game loss.
    Pattys anxiety level about scoring a new huge fat contract with Pop:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shoutout Metu for missing that 3 also
    It needs to be said, he tried hard to not give the Spurs that 10th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pattys anxiety level about scoring a new huge fat contract with Pop:

Loyalty contract imminent. DRob, Timmy, Manu and Parker all took chips off the table to win. When the Spurs quickly realize that all that cap space is useless he will get his and more but hopefully only for 2 years. Realistically we need him to go FIBA Patty on meth on the offensive end to beat GS, while hiding him on the defensive end but we all know Deorzan is about to go 5-16 with a game changing technical foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely agree on pop blowing this game with his stubborn refusal to yank patty. this was when the spurs needed offense and the knicks went on their run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grades too high across the board for squandering 17pts lead. F on Pop is deserving though. They needed the win to learn how to close games, especially when they're playing in the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is not good for the Spurs at this point in his career because Pop refuses to use him to his strengths--a short-burst, high energy player who's most effective in limited minutes. Trying to rely on him for more than that is foolish, yet Pop continues to beat that dead horse until there's nothing left. Patty wore out and now he's f'ing worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to give these last two to the Suns and just rest the starters and everyone over the age of 25 these last two games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty is a great off-court guy and has been a loyal and valuable spur for many seasons. but he's just a really bad basketball player now and his physical limitations amplify that mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see the adjustment by the grade.

Pop is a great off-court guy and has been a loyal and valuable spur for many seasons. but he's just a really bad basketball coach now and his physical limitations amplify that mediocrity.
    Also a fit?
    Circa summer 2007?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Beautiful Game, Patty got open shots because the ball rotates. Nowadays, it's iso after iso, and Patty has to manufacture his shots. Patty is best at catch and shoot, and occasional PNR. He didn't really necessarily got worst. It's the system that's ed. Players are forced to play outside of their character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Beautiful Game, Patty got open shots because the ball rotates. Nowadays, it's iso after iso, and Patty has to manufacture his shots. Patty is best at catch and shoot, and occasional PNR. He didn't really necessarily got worst. It's the system that's ed. Players are forced to play outside of their character.
    i agree that the degradation of talent on this team has not helped patty but his shot is also far less dependent than it used to be; he misses a lot of open shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree that the degradation of talent on this team has not helped patty but his shot is also far less dependent than it used to be; he misses a lot of open shots.
    I bet Patty would play better with a contender. I wish he signs with a contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic, Dieng would fit better than Poeltl, if Pop would re-introduce the "beautiful game" albeit minus Derozan. DJ, White, Keldon, Luka, Dieng

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to give these last two to the Suns and just rest the starters and everyone over the age of 25 these last two games.
    Agreed. All the Spurs should be doing the next few days is preparing for Memphis and Golden State. They'll likely have to beat both those teams in succession, we just don t know the order.

Film sessions only, just resting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Pop coached one of his best games of the season. Dude benched Poeltl for his ty ass play. The youth all the bed. And he relied on his horses to win the game. They didn’t but it’s not like there was this awesome alternative either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, has my opinion on Murray soured on recent times. It's crazy to me how under-the-radar it goes, even on such a contrarian forum as this, just how flawed a player he is. Yet another night of zero 3pt shots made - as the starting PG of an NBA team in 2021! And it's not like he was just cold and went 0-10... Simply did not look for his outside shot at all, outside of his inefficient, defense-bailing contested midrange shots. He's currently a shoot-first PG who lives off the worst possible shots you can take in modern basketball. Yes, there's potential for marginal development as he nears his prime, but it'll always be growth over this shoddy, outdated base style of play. Dejounte is the bas brain child of the Popovich System... And it shows.

White being there to aid him in running the offense really elevated his game (or rather, hid the ugliness of his true face). White, also a shoot-first player, takes the good 3s that stretch out the defense and give DJ the space to do his thing, while also taking on the brunt of playmaking, letting DJ go ISO-mode in the midrange as he pleases. DJ can't play well without White.... But I wouldn't really say that White needs DJ in any capacity. Any replacement-level, modern SG (maybe someone like Vassell) can perfectly provide White the spacing he needs to do his thing, set up his teammates, and work on defense when needed. It's such a shame that White's the brittle-boned of the two... It's the only thing that makes me hesitant to "put my chips" entirely on his basket and jump on the "trade-DJ-yesterday" bandwagon.

I really hope we go for a playmaking big or forward with whichever pick we end up having. Whatever makes Dejounte's "playmaking" and offense-running abilities more redundant will be a W in my book.

Thread Information