My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't jinx yourself.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No grudge on it, da. You guys need it, I'll be happy to see your faithful with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No grudge on it, da. You guys need it, I'll be happy to see your faithful with it.
    This may be the magical year that you've been waiting for, Cub!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This may be the magical year that you've been waiting for, Cub!
    Well, I've experienced an epiphany since last weekend, ez. I was a bit conflicted even in the immediate aftermath of their victory over us in the first round, but then I started recalling the past 35 years and I became very emotional. I even cried, and I mean real tears, no bull , no settin' up Suns fans, no angling for a jinx. I just became a bit morose and reflective at the thought of what I've been able to experience thru all my success and the happiness and most of all the contentment this success has granted me thru the years. Whenever I really (needed it) my prayers were answered. '85, the triple there as the century turned and of late in '10. I wanted them so damn bad and was not disappointed. I've been extremely fortunate.

My brother Suns, yes, we've been thru the wringer together, at each other's throats for decades, but I have always considered them brothers and felt a kinship with them even in the depths of our blooded feud. They have needs, just like I have had, they've hoped, wished, and prayed and have received nothing in over half-a-century. I cannot imagine waiting for 52 years. It is unimaginable. I was born to the Lakers after they'd already rung, yet I felt deprived and panic struck in '84 when we failed and Magic was on-the-spot. He prevailed in '85 and I felt delivered. These people here need this. I want them to be 2021 NBA World Champions and have that experience within their hearts to carry them on thru the years, to bolster them as the mantle of Champion has bolstered me thru the decades.

My hat is in hand, I stand before the Suns faithful humbled and wishing to be a good loser.

I ain't gonna grudge it, nor skulk afterward, I will never again lodge O & __. It's gone and will remain gone, win or lose, ever more. So-help-me-God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ A noble fan you are, sir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long overdue tbh. But watch out for the Hawks if Trey is back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I've experienced an epiphany since last weekend, ez. I was a bit conflicted even in the immediate aftermath of their victory over us in the first round, but then I started recalling the past 35 years and I became very emotional. I even cried, and I mean real tears, no bull , no settin' up Suns fans, no angling for a jinx. I just became a bit morose and reflective at the thought of what I've been able to experience thru all my success and the happiness and most of all the contentment this success has granted me thru the years. Whenever I really (needed it) my prayers were answered. '85, the triple there as the century turned and of late in '10. I wanted them so damn bad and was not disappointed. I've been extremely fortunate.

My brother Suns, yes, we've been thru the wringer together, at each other's throats for decades, but I have always considered them brothers and felt a kinship with them even in the depths of our blooded feud. They have needs, just like I have had, they've hoped, wished, and prayed and have received nothing in over half-a-century. I cannot imagine waiting for 52 years. It is unimaginable. I was born to the Lakers after they'd already rung, yet I felt deprived and panic struck in '84 when we failed and Magic was on-the-spot. He prevailed in '85 and I felt delivered. These people here need this. I want them to be 2021 NBA World Champions and have that experience within their hearts to carry them on thru the years, to bolster them as the mantle of Champion has bolstered me thru the decades.

My hat is in hand, I stand before the Suns faithful humbled and wishing to be a good loser.

I ain't gonna grudge it, nor skulk afterward, I will never again lodge O & __. It's gone and will remain gone, win or lose, ever more. So-help-me-God.
    Cubs. You said you became a fan during the chamberlain days but they won with wilt in 72, then again in 80 then 82. What’s the deal with 85? Just because it’s Boston?

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Please don’t let Trae Young ring.

It’s the Suns and Chris Paul, so the odds of an epic choke are high. But please please please don’t let Trae Young ring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cubs. You said you became a fan during the chamberlain days but they won with wilt in 72, then again in 80 then 82. What’s the deal with 85? Just because it’s Boston?
    Exactly. '80 & '82 were nice, but shadowed by Boston. And in '80 they immediately recognized the threat that Magic presented their life long dominance over the Lakers. They'd ruined West and Chamberlain, made them cower in the corner, back away from the fight and they went after Magic is a mirror image in '84, forcing him to either flee, or, fight. West and Wilt had fled, turning West into a Lakers GM who would drive the streets of Los Angeles during playoff games with the radio turned off. Rendered Chamberlain a fall guy, Russell's lackey. Magic saw clear his destiny in the aftermath of his mistakes during the '84 playoffs. He'd ed up against Dallas and walked away from it. He did not walk away from Boston. Boston thought they'd destroyed him, he'd now cower in the corner with all the Lakers, they'd mentally pulverized, he'd refuse to master the mid range jumper, content to smile and be the clown, while they the Celtics would laugh at him behind their locker room doors and wink & nod to the Boston writers, who they themselves were complicit in the decades long dominance by the Boston Celtics in association with the NBA/New York.

We now know what happened, it was Magic who in the end seduced the Celtics in the macro and Bird in the micro, luring Bird into a "friendship" that Bird did not want in any way, shape, matter, or form, but had no choice but to enter into this friendship at the behest of Stern/New York.

Magic brought us back from the brink of extinction as an NBA power, rehabilitated all those active and retired Lakers from the "mental wards" of their lives.

There is an ESPN 30-30 3 part do entary on this subject and toward the end of after we broke thru in Boston they show this old Laker (forget his name). His daughter is being interviewed and was sitting with her father on 9 June 1985 in Los Angeles when her dad got up from the coach went into the bedroom and donned his Lakers uniform once more. They showed his picture and she's crying her eyes out over this. It's just an incredible moment.

It's because of Magic Johnson, he refused to follow Wilt, West, Jabbar, Worthy, me, et al into that corner. He went in there, grabbed us one and all and dragged us into the light.

We've never looked back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale, they're going to see this as you building your moat to protect your castle from the onslaught of that will come your way if the Suns ring. You burying the hatchet on the precipice of defeat could be seen as chicken but I won't begrudge you of your moment.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Don't jinx yourself.
    In the end, Cubby just didnt care anymore. He had enjoyed the Suns' suffering for long enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to interupt you girls chit chat but if you want to keep it real.....

Bill Walton tells the story of how he ended up with the Celtics (boston.com)

1986 Celts went on to pound the Lakers twice. Would have done so 4 more times in 86 but Houston handled that easily.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale, they're going to see this as you building your moat to protect your castle from the onslaught of that will come your way if the Suns ring. You burying the hatchet on the precipice of defeat could be seen as chicken but I won't begrudge you of your moment.
    That's on (them). I know what's in my heart and in my tears. I've seen 35 of the 52 years.

I've seen Nash, his head bloodied but unbowed (Invictus).
    I've seen Marjerle ole' his last shot/'93 because he could not bear the burden as the end came into focus.
    I've seen the parade after Barkley initiated the domino fall that led to Paxson all alone.
    I've seen (someone) clutch the sleeve of McCoy's light blue sport coat as the '93 Finals were in the death throes. It's on the tape when Barkley comes around. My heart clutched that day, the tears threatening, the lump pronounced in my throat.
    I've seen next of kin race for the lit hospitality room down the long, dark corridor at Sky Harbor the day Nick Vanos augered in outside Detroit, 16 August 1987.
    I've seen Silver/New York consider wresting this franchise from Sarver.
    I've seen Kevin Johnson look back at the last as he could not get it off/again '93 Finals. The look on his face haunts me still. I've seen the same damn countenance on Kobe & Daddy, though both at total victory....Kobe in '10, Daddy in Indiana.
    I've seen Daddy stalk Duncan & Duncan drain that three. I ran out into the street like a mad man, the children shoulder-to-shoulder.

I've driven the streets incapable of watching these Suns games, not in the playoffs, not in the Finals...but 4 games into the ing regular season! "Dad, c'mon, the season just got started."
    "You comin', or, not?" - Me.
    "I"m comin', I'm comin'." - One of the children.
    "You don't have to go, honey."
    "I'm goin', ma. Dad needs me."
    "Bring me back a cone from the QT in a cup."

I've taught my 3 sons to hate the Phoenix Suns..."GD, I hate these bas s!" - during a Sun's scoring run, or, anything that trolls me.
    "Dale!" The wife from the kitchen area.
    "I hate 'em too, dad." low whisper.
    ........."Dad, why do we hate 'em?" again in whisper.

I'll stand the gaffe, D.

It's my religion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry to interupt you girls chit chat but if you want to keep it real.....

Bill Walton tells the story of how he ended up with the Celtics (boston.com)

1986 Celts went on to pound the Lakers twice. Would have done so 4 more times in 86 but Houston handled that easily.
    The in' guy lays down the bong & Dr. Scholls long enough to put the schnitzel to us, but just once, not twice, Mult. I wanted to do the Dutch.

Christ, Mult, remember that knucklehead during his Trail Blazer's championship continually rolling his hands above his head? He was all ham.

Whenever I wanted him to do good he either didn't do good, or, didn't play, mostly the latter. Whenever I wanted him to the bed and not play good he did the opposite. me.

Thread Information