My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we used that spot for Dieng?
    No, that was LMA’s spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I liked him in the 2019 draft. Pretty sure I had him in the 30s on my Big Board. He's an athletic and smart player. From what I've seen, I think he's a consistent three-point shot away from having a chance to stick in the league.

Then again, just about everyone on this this team is holding that "a consistent three-point shot away" asterisk
    I was precisely going to ask if he could shoot.

This comment is useful. I’ll assume his shot is a work in progress like other current Spurs youngins, which then makes me wonder if they are already in talks with Lonnie’s agent and they know an extension isn’t going to happen. I am speculating but it wouldn’t surprise. He hasn’t earned it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This comment is useful. I’ll assume his shot is a work in progress like other current Spurs youngins, which then makes me wonder if they are already in talks with Lonnie’s agent and they know an extension isn’t going to happen. I am speculating but it wouldn’t surprise. He hasn’t earned it.
    Lonnie has his flaws, but he’s our only good shooter under 30. I’d say he’s more a replacement for Quindary or one of the old guys that they let roll off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has his flaws, but he’s our only good shooter under 30. I’d say he’s more a replacement for Quindary or one of the old guys that they let roll off.
    Could be. I don’t know anything about this guy but I don’t see Lonnie getting an extension happening unless he comes very cheap and I doubt he does that.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie needs a big contract now because it could be his last nba deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston sign Kyhri Thomas, our G league guard - so we sign the guy they waived him for. Spurs taking pettiness to a whole new level

J/K, his body type reminds me a little of THT of the Lakers from the few highlights posted.
    I’m all for getting creative in the shooting department. Maybe the Spurs want some barometers if they are looking at shooting in the draft, for example- how does a 23 y.o Jeffries stack up to a 22.5 y.o Kispert?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston sign Kyhri Thomas, our G league guard - so we sign the guy they waived him for. Spurs taking pettiness to a whole new level

J/K, his body type reminds me a little of THT of the Lakers from the few highlights posted.
    I’m all for getting creative in the shooting department. Maybe the Spurs want some barometers if they are looking at shooting in the draft, for example- how does a 23 y.o Jeffries stack up to a 22.5 y.o Kispert?
    Exactly the same reason why I suspect they signed guys like Daulton Hommes, Josh Huestis, Dedric Lawson, Brandon Paul...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be a battle for the 15th slot , unfortunately Quinn has not had a chance to show much this year. Not sure if either player can be on a two way contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be a battle for the 15th slot , unfortunately Quinn has not had a chance to show much this year. Not sure if either player can be on a two way contract.
    q’s two way expires this summer, so he’ll have to battle for a spot. It won’t likely be with DaQuan, though. He has a cheap team option for next year, but if we don’t pick up, he won’t be competing for a spot on our roster, he’ll be elsewhere.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, they definitely shouldn’t be in a rush to lock him up early. Wait longer to see if he improves. He showed some mild progress, but nothing major. I still like him, though. But he plays so passively, afraid to make a mistake, as others have noted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they definitely shouldn’t be in a rush to lock him up early. Wait longer to see if he improves. He showed some mild progress, but nothing major. I still like him, though. But he plays so passively, afraid to make a mistake, as others have noted.
    Rookie deal deadline is just before the season starts. If an xt isn’t reached, that’s it. He’ll be a RFA the next summer, which could be very expensive if he does break out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie deal deadline is just before the season starts. If an xt isn’t reached, that’s it. He’ll be a RFA the next summer, which could be very expensive if he does break out.
    Forgot about that. Good point. Well...we’ll see if he agrees to an affordable extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong here but is anyone expecting him to break out? And if he does, then you pay him, no question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong here but is anyone expecting him to break out? And if he does, then you pay him, no question.
    The difference is that if he turns into the volume scorer we know he can be, assuming DD is gone, he’ll command $20M on the open market, not the $16-17M the Spurs have been offering their extension candidates, maybe even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that if he turns into the volume scorer we know he can be, assuming DD is gone, he’ll command $20M on the open market, not the $16-17M the Spurs have been offering their extension candidates, maybe even more.
    Honestly if he turns out to be worth the extra $4 mill I have no problem with that. Better that it goes to him than some of the types the Spurs have recently added in FA (Gasol at the end of his career, and that guy they paid from the nets who they had to to waive.) I don’t see a problem paying what he’s worth in the market if he improves, the problem to me is that he’s not worth an extension the size of Murray and White’s with what he has shown right now, do you? The other two showed more. Maybe he’ll take less this summer? If he doesn’t then you let him earn it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big body 2.0?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has arrived in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make your open 3s and D up. Share the ball and rebound. Team work.
    Good luck young buck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd year jump coming for dq!

Thread Information