Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not LBJ or Nephew but he's still a beast. Show him the respect he deserves.

More than good enough to be an elite offensive centerpiece and super valuable if you surround him with versatile, two-way players. He's never had a fair shot in SA given the dumb ass rotations Pop was trotting out there the past two years, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playmaking has been incredible. Defense is still disappointing but I'm not sure it can be fixed given he'll never be playing smaller than the 3 from here on out. Too small to guard the big wings of the world.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here come all the dummies who said he sucks, called him Dumbmar, and wanted him traded for peanuts, acting like they’ve been on board since day one. I’m one of the few guys on this board who’s been a major DD proponent since the trade. I’m in *flex*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More than good enough to be an elite offensive centerpiece and super valuable if you surround him with versatile, two-way players. He's never had a fair shot in SA given the dumb ass rotations Pop was trotting out there the past two years, tbh.
    This. Pop has been lining him up with players like LMA, Forbes, Mills, etc. This (and the bubble) is the only time we are seeing him with athletic mofos like Keldon, Lonnie, and to a lesser extent Murray. That seems to be where he shines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here come all the dummies who said he sucks, called him Dumbmar, and wanted him traded for peanuts, acting like they’ve been on board since day one. I’m one of the few guys on this board who’s been a major DD proponent since the trade. I’m in *flex*
    I was never onboard with the he sucks shtick. I have his jersey, bought it when we traded for him. Sure, it was a sour, unbalanced trade, but get real. We got what we got. Now let's roll with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing like he took that 82nd player ranking personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the OP said it best. He's being used in the right way surrounded by the right players. I definitely do not miss the days this team relied solely on Demar and treated him like he was on Autist's level. There's a reason teams don't win with him as the main star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never onboard with the he sucks shtick. I have his jersey, bought it when we traded for him. Sure, it was a sour, unbalanced trade, but get real. We got what we got. Now let's roll with him.
    Not bad considering we had to get him being held at gunpoint by Load Management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the OP said it best. He's being used in the right way surrounded by the right players. I definitely do not miss the days this team relied solely on Demar and treated him like he was on Autist's level. There's a reason teams don't win with him as the main star.
    Ultimately though, we need someone to establish themselves as the main star to go deep in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately though, we need someone to establish themselves as the main star to go deep in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. I'm just saying we have to accept he's our main guy from an offense perspective and hope this is the year he can be a consistent alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really he's no worse than Jimmy Butler. The difference is Butler has Bam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has been carrying his weight out there. People act like he is a train wreck situation out there which is not the case. My only qualm is playoff Demar Derozan. If he does more or less what he is doing right now in the playoffs I will have no complaints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derozan was an awkward fit when he didnt have a jump shot, was playing in the same lineup as dejounte whose jumper was a work in progress, and was playing alongside 2 bigs. the smaller, more spaced out lineup works wonders for him, as it only enhances his drive and kick game. plus if he actually starts taking a few threes per game and knocks them in at a decent clip, its hard to picture a much better fit on offense.

we'll see how all the pieces fit together when white is back, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    System is perfectly built around him and he looks like the best version of DeMar DeRozan I've ever seen. Let's see how far he can take this team

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m pretty sure I remember you always being pro Derozan too. He’s never been a bad player for us, he just wasn’t of equal value in what we got with Kawhi. But if he keeps playing this extra motivated brand of basketball, the comparison becomes a little more hazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m pretty sure I remember you always being pro Derozan too. He’s never been a bad player for us, he just wasn’t of equal value in what we got with Kawhi. But if he keeps playing this extra motivated brand of basketball, the comparison becomes a little more hazy
    DeRozan alone isn't equal value. Now if Poeltl becomes a key rotation player, starting center in the future after LMA leaves and Keldon Johnson breaks out, then the trade looks like SA made out well, in fact I'd say long term SA got the better end. Keldon Johnson draft pick was the key.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really he's no worse than Jimmy Butler. The difference is Butler has Bam and plays in the east.
    Fixed it for you

Demar has been super efficient and is making those around him better. Even if he were to walk next summer, the young guys stand to learn a lot from him. And the way he’s playing, he may be having a lot of fun proving haters wrong. He’s a winning piece if the right supporting cast is around him.

DeRozan alone isn't equal value. Now if Poeltl becomes a key rotation player, starting center in the future after LMA leaves and Keldon Johnson breaks out, then the trade looks like SA made out well, in fact I'd say long term SA got the better end. Keldon Johnson draft pick was the key.
    I don’t think you can say the trade was for Keldon. It was for a likely late first rounder in the upcoming draft that became 29. Have to look at the average value taken late in the first round. The Spurs were lucky KJ was there, but didn’t have him as high as even Luka on their draft board.
    Last edited by cjw; 12-27-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Admittedly an incredibly small sample size, but continued play at this level will put the Spurs in the PO and DDR in the MVP conversation a la Chris Paul last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing like he took that 82nd player ranking personally.
    Players do take them very personally. He probably stared at it in the Jack in Box parking lot for hours.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is LMA defense. Team is playing a lot better with Poeltl on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hit some threes early on last year too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is LMA defense. Team is playing a lot better with Poeltl on the court.
    Agreed. Aldridge’s game regressed particularly his defense. He’s been outplayed by the opposing bigs, and last night by Bayne??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hit some threes early on last year too.
    But last night was without hesitation and very much in the flow. I’m hoping he finally got it. Because the last couple of games version of Demar would easily be All NBA with 28 pts and nearly triple double.

Thread Information