Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go

I'm with Kwame on this
    :bow Kwame.

I got to say he’s one of the first five people I think of when I think of first pick busts but I have to respect the man for standing up for himself and being absolutely hilarious in his responses.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The guy's lashing out at everyone and coming at MJ like he's the reason he was a bust

Even if MJ gave you like you claim, how do you explain the same underwhelming play in every other team you played for? Was MJ in those teams too?

Personal accountability is lacking nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only years he was on a decent team and got some minutes he put up very decent #s.

Phil Jackson was yet another large in Kwames basketball life. Horrible coaching job.

Interestingly Kwame and Studio Posuer Stax were on the same Charlotte team in 2010-11. Sounds like Kwame did much better then 41% shooting ballhog SJackson.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The guy's lashing out at everyone and coming at MJ like he's the reason he was a bust

Even if MJ gave you like you claim, how do you explain the same underwhelming play in every other team you played for? Was MJ in those teams too?

Personal accountability is lacking nowadays.
    Yeah, MJ was a prick, but I am not buying this narrative that he permanently ruined Kwame. Kobe's leadership style was similar to Jordan's. The Alphas will be very demanding and the players adjust and get through it. , Steve Kerr had to prove that he had some avocados to Jordan and he made a nice career for himself with much less physical gifts than Kwame had.

It could be that Kwame just didn't care that much about basketball once he saw his first massive direct deposit. Like he said, he accomplished his mission and bought his mom a nice home. If you are that young and feel like you made it already, it would be easy to settle for mediocrity and relax.
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 05-21-2021 at 05:54 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only years he was on a decent team and got some minutes he put up very decent #s.

Phil Jackson was yet another large in Kwames basketball life. Horrible coaching job.

Interestingly Kwame and Studio Posuer Stax were on the same Charlotte team in 2010-11. Sounds like Kwame did much better then 41% shooting ballhog SJackson.
    It's funny because Phil is the reason they got Kwame. He pushed for the trade and called Kwame a impact player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, MJ was a prick, but I am not buying this narrative that permanently ruined Kwame. Kobe's leadership style was similar to Jordan's. The Alphas will be very demanding and the players adjust and get through it. , Steve Kerr had to prove that he had some avocados to Jordan and he made a nice career for himself with much less physical gifts than Kwame had.

It could be that Kwame just didn't care that much about basketball once he saw his first massive direct deposit. Like he said, he accomplished his mission and bought his mom a nice home. If you are that young and feel like you made it already, it would be easy to settle for mediocrity and relax.
    Both were crappy leaders. This is where I give Phil the credit for managing the egos on those championship teams from rebelling. It's easy to say being a hardcore ass hole works when you have talented teams. I look at them as leaders when they didn't have the stacked teams and both performed poorly in that regard. MJ was a terrible leader in Washington. He was the dumb ass who used to clown Rip Hamilton in practice and tell him he wouldn't ever win a le. The moment MJ traded him to Detroit that's when his career took off.

Jordan and Kobe are bullies. If you don't stand up to them and actually be willing to get into a physical fight with them then they will continue to mess with you. Parish and Cartwright both proved that when they both stood up to Jordan at practice. I always find Jordan's relationship with Cartwright interesting since they both had a love hate relationship. Cartwright was the one who always checked MJ when he got abusive and out of control during the first three peat. The advantage Cartwright had was he knew Jordan couldn't get him traded since the bulls desperately needed him when they went up against Knicks to guard Ewing. Kerr was also 30 years old when he got into that fist fight with MJ. All the guys I mentioned who stood up to MJ were in their 30's. A lot easier to stand up to MJ when you are a grown man vs being a kid. I can't imagine any 18 year old not being intimidated of MJ.

Kwame would have most likely been a better player if he played with a Duncan,Bird,90's Hakeem,Dirk, Steven Nash. He just had the misfortune of playing with two of the worst leaders of all time. I don't think you can develop as a young player playing with either MJ or Kobe. You have to be a ready made product to succeed with those guys. Jordan and Kobe I feel killed Kwame's love for the game where he just viewed the NBA as a job and decided to make the choice a lot of people do at their regular jobs which is do enough to make sure you can't get fired but don't work hard to improve and get better.

Now to be fair when it comes to critiquing Kwame he did not work hard to get better as a player. He had a bad jump shot that he never worked on. He couldn't use his left hand to post up or finish which made it easier to defend him. This hurt his game because he could not counter when guys took away his right hand like Duncan could counter with with a left hand jump hook, layup, etc. If he had worked on his left hand and learned to hit jump shots his game would have open up and he could have been an all-star caliber player. He had good physical tools such as being very quick and athletic. He was also a good post defender. I honestly thought he could have been a Jermaine Oneal type if he improved on the two things I mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because Phil is the reason they got Kwame. He pushed for the trade and called Kwame a impact player
    Phildo continually me-owed whenever around Kwame, insinuating he was a pussy.
    Silly head game attempt to get Kwame riled up and more aggressive.
    Seems like just getting on Kobmes PED roid and German blood routine would have been a more effective way. Or Odoms coke.

Stupid phuck Zenmaster had no idea who he was dealing with.
    Could you imagine headlines "Kwame Brown tires of Phil Jacksons bullying, breaks both arms and jaw. Phildo in Cedars Sinai Hospital."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could see where kwame is coming from as a 18yr old getting into the league playing under a wanker DK..

i had to train some school leaver into their first job, the older workers didnt wanna waste time training the person to do the job properly thinking his forest gump and just quit...all it did was make it harder for the older person to do 2 persons job, if u put some time in training and proper communication teaching the person properly then it makes your job easier so u can go concentrate on other jobs that needs your skillset in the workplace....kid kept on tellin me why these old folks keep on shaking their heads at every mistake he was making but wont guide him properly....im just like they want you to quit so they can protect their jobs, they know they be replace soon but they are holding onto their jobs cause retirement and the package they be receiving is just around the corner..... so i was tasked to train young cats coming into the workplace...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ is a fake tough guy, nothing new tbh……

So much so that he couldn’t beat the “physical” Pistons until Netyanahu changed the rules in his favour tbh…..
    and then took handchecking out of the NBA before the 94-95 season started KNOWING Jordan was returning. A great offensive player like Jordan, Stern made him ing impossible to guard. That's not greatness, that's bull .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both were crappy leaders. This is where I give Phil the credit for managing the egos on those championship teams from rebelling. It's easy to say being a hardcore ass hole works when you have talented teams. I look at them as leaders when they didn't have the stacked teams and both performed poorly in that regard. MJ was a terrible leader in Washington. He was the dumb ass who used to clown Rip Hamilton in practice and tell him he wouldn't ever win a le. The moment MJ traded him to Detroit that's when his career took off.
    Agree, MJ should not have returned with that sort of at ude. He had to have known if he came back with the Wizards he was looking at .500 type seasons. But he couldn't accept it. Kobe was similar in mentality but I felt that he dealt with the hard times much better than MJ did. Those last few years in LA were awful and he still managed to keep his composure.

Jordan and Kobe are bullies. If you don't stand up to them and actually be willing to get into a physical fight with them then they will continue to mess with you. Parish and Cartwright both proved that when they both stood up to Jordan at practice. I always find Jordan's relationship with Cartwright interesting since they both had a love hate relationship. Cartwright was the one who always checked MJ when he got abusive and out of control during the first three peat. The advantage Cartwright had was he knew Jordan couldn't get him traded since the bulls desperately needed him when they went up against Knicks to guard Ewing. Kerr was also 30 years old when he got into that fist fight with MJ. All the guys I mentioned who stood up to MJ were in their 30's. A lot easier to stand up to MJ when you are a grown man vs being a kid. I can't imagine any 18 year old not being intimidated of MJ.

Kwame would have most likely been a better player if he played with a Duncan,Bird,90's Hakeem,Dirk, Steven Nash. He just had the misfortune of playing with two of the worst leaders of all time. I don't think you can develop as a young player playing with either MJ or Kobe. You have to be a ready made product to succeed with those guys. Jordan and Kobe I feel killed Kwame's love for the game where he just viewed the NBA as a job and decided to make the choice a lot of people do at their regular jobs which is do enough to make sure you can't get fired but don't work hard to improve and get better.
    I don't know, Bynum developed into a nice player before ultimately falling apart physically. I'm sure Kobe gave him plenty of sh1t.

Now to be fair when it comes to critiquing Kwame he did not work hard to get better as a player. He had a bad jump shot that he never worked on. He couldn't use his left hand to post up or finish which made it easier to defend him. This hurt his game because he could not counter when guys took away his right hand like Duncan could counter with with a left hand jump hook, layup, etc. If he had worked on his left hand and learned to hit jump shots his game would have open up and he could have been an all-star caliber player. He had good physical tools such as being very quick and athletic. He was also a good post defender. I honestly thought he could have been a Jermaine Oneal type if he improved on the two things I mentioned.
    Kwame was excellent when he was dialed in defending the low post. But there was just too many nights when it seemed his head was somewhere else, tbh. Jermaine O'neal is a good comparison, I think that's who he was supposed to be most like, had he developed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Phildo continually me-owed whenever around Kwame, insinuating he was a pussy.
    Silly head game attempt to get Kwame riled up and more aggressive.
    Seems like just getting on Kobmes PED roid and German blood routine would have been a more effective way. Or Odoms coke.

Stupid phuck Zenmaster had no idea who he was dealing with.
    Could you imagine headlines "Kwame Brown tires of Phil Jacksons bullying, breaks both arms and jaw. Phildo in Cedars Sinai Hospital."
    I had forgot about that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, MJ should not have returned with that sort of at ude. He had to have known if he came back with the Wizards he was looking at .500 type seasons. But he couldn't accept it. Kobe was similar in mentality but I felt that he dealt with the hard times much better than MJ did. Those last few years in LA were awful and he still managed to keep his composure.

I don't know, Bynum developed into a nice player before ultimately falling apart physically. I'm sure Kobe gave him plenty of sh1t.

Kwame was excellent when he was dialed in defending the low post. But there was just too many nights when it seemed his head was somewhere else, tbh. Jermaine O'neal is a good comparison, I think that's who he was supposed to be most like, had he developed.
    Bynum got where he was for the short period of time where he was successful by working hard on his own. I remember hearing during the summer of '07 before Kobe went on that stupid rant about calling him scrub that he was working hard. Bynum had even mentioned that during that summer in interviews. He broke out during the '07-'08 season and everybody gives Kobe credit for it but it was really Bynum's own work ethic that got him there. Bynum also had Lakers management backing him in the sense they told Kobe they were not going to trade him. I'm sure that gave him some added confidence. Other guys such as Randle,Russell have both stated in interviews that Kobe stunted their growth while they were playing with him in LA. I would say Bynum is an exception to the rule but most young guys don't develop well with Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bynum got where he was for the short period of time where he was successful by working hard on his own. I remember hearing during the summer of '07 before Kobe went on that stupid rant about calling him scrub that he was working hard. Bynum had even mentioned that during that summer in interviews. He broke out during the '07-'08 season and everybody gives Kobe credit for it but it was really Bynum's own work ethic that got him there. Bynum also had Lakers management backing him in the sense they told Kobe they were not going to trade him. I'm sure that gave him some added confidence. Other guys such as Randle,Russell have both stated in interviews that Kobe stunted their growth while they were playing with him in LA. I would say Bynum is an exception to the rule but most young guys don't develop well with Kobe.
    I think you're missing the point. It's not whether or not Kobe deserves credit for Bynum's (albeit short) success. The point is, a lot of rookies/young players get on by veterans, you either have the mental for ude to get past it or you don't.

Kobe also spent his early seasons playing low minutes and even back then, there was already accounts of Kobe and Shaq bumping heads. Still didn't stop Kobe from living up to his potential.

Kwame coming at MJ for his lack of playtime and MJ being a bully, as if that justifies Kwame's subpar career, just sounds like the easy deflection to make.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

yeah Bynum was a tough motherf*cker. I was just about to respond to that too, that Kwame had to deal with MJ/Kobe early on but Bynum seemed to give no f*cks. You could tell he was different than most rookies when Shaq teabagged him and tried to embarrass him, but then Bynum got p!ssed and dunked right back at him the next play. And then shoved him on top of it, baiting Shaq into a technical. One of the all-time most bad@ss plays I've seen in sports considering he was like 17 years old or something going up against prime Shaq. Kwame would have curled up into the fetal position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eri9mW56R6k

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're missing the point. It's not whether or not Kobe deserves credit for Bynum's (albeit short) success. The point is, a lot of rookies/young players get on by veterans, you either have the mental for ude to get past it or you don't.

Kobe also spent his early seasons playing low minutes and even back then, there was already accounts of Kobe and Shaq bumping heads. Still didn't stop Kobe from living up to his potential.

Kwame coming at MJ for his lack of playtime and MJ being a bully, as if that justifies Kwame's subpar career, just sounds like the easy deflection to make.
    I have read part of Kobe's bio Showboat. It's a good read. The author of the book Lazenby has a good reputation so I trust what he wrote. According to Lazenby Kobe had a lot of protection when he was drafted by the Lakers. Jerry West always protected him when the hazing got out of control. Whenever Kobe had problems he would go to West and West would then tell the players to leave Kobe alone. Del Harris didn't even want to give Kobe minutes during his rookie year but West forced him to play him. Even after his rookie year Harris didn't want to increase Kobe's minutes but again it came down to West lobbying to increase Kobe's playing time. Kobe's dad Joe during that time period lived with Kobe. Joe would also go to West when he felt Kobe was having problems with the coaching staff or players. Kobe had a support system of his family and the GM Jerry West backing him. I don't think he would have done well without it. So it's really a myth of him being super mentally tough person at 18. He did become mentally tough as he got older where he didn't need any support but he wasn't like that from day 1.

Kobe according to the book didn't have problems with Shaq during his rookie season. The problems began during his second year in the league that's when he started bumping heads with Shaq. Kobe brought that on himself from what Lazenby wrote. Shaq actually tried to be friends with Kobe but Kobe didn't want it.

Jordan and Kobe's leadership doesn't work when it comes to young players. I would say it doesn't even work on vets just that the difference is they are ready made while the young players are still developing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have read part of Kobe's bio Showboat. It's a good read. The author of the book Lazenby has a good reputation so I trust what he wrote. According to Lazenby Kobe had a lot of protection when he was drafted by the Lakers. Jerry West always protected him when the hazing got out of control. Whenever Kobe had problems he would go to West and West would then tell the players to leave Kobe alone. Del Harris didn't even want to give Kobe minutes during his rookie year but West forced him to play him. Even after his rookie year Harris didn't want to increase Kobe's minutes but again it came down to West lobbying to increase Kobe's playing time. Kobe's dad Joe during that time period lived with Kobe. Joe would also go to West when he felt Kobe was having problems with the coaching staff or players. Kobe had a support system of his family and the GM Jerry West backing him. I don't think he would have done well without it. So it's really a myth of him being super mentally tough person at 18. He did become mentally tough as he got older where he didn't need any support but he wasn't like that from day 1.

Kobe according to the book didn't have problems with Shaq during his rookie season. The problems began during his second year in the league that's when he started bumping heads with Shaq. Kobe brought that on himself from what Lazenby wrote. Shaq actually tried to be friends with Kobe but Kobe didn't want it.

Jordan and Kobe's leadership doesn't work when it comes to young players. I would say it doesn't even work on vets just that the difference is they are ready made while the young players are still developing.
    Here is where I disagree. Remember when Kobe shot them airball 3s vs Utah in the playoffs? He was the only one who had the balls to take them shots. He was an 18 year old rookie.

I agree with the rest. Great post.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MJ should have never drafted Kwame. I 100% believe his career and reputation would end differently. What a shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ should have never drafted Kwame. I 100% believe his career and reputation would end differently. What a shame.
    fck dk

didnt he also drafted that bust morrison
    broke up that charlotte team that made the playoffs the season after, stay under the cap to continue collecting revenue tax from teams over the cap paying luxury tax...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he started his career with the Spurs,Jazz,Pacers then he would have been better off since those teams have been historically good at developing young players. Also playing in a small market would have helped him since there wouldn't have been much pressure,distractions, which would have allowed him to focus on improving his game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If he started his career with the Spurs,Jazz,Pacers then he would have been better off since those teams have been historically good at developing young players. Also playing in a small market would have helped him since there wouldn't have been much pressure,distractions, which would have allowed him to focus on improving his game.
    Duncan taking Kwame under his wing with Pop's coaching? No. Would not want.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, you know sensitive Shaq was super pissed after that.

yeah Bynum was a tough motherf*cker. I was just about to respond to that too, that Kwame had to deal with MJ/Kobe early on but Bynum seemed to give no f*cks. You could tell he was different than most rookies when Shaq teabagged him and tried to embarrass him, but then Bynum got p!ssed and dunked right back at him the next play. And then shoved him on top of it, baiting Shaq into a technical. One of the all-time most bad@ss plays I've seen in sports considering he was like 17 years old or something going up against prime Shaq. Kwame would have curled up into the fetal position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eri9mW56R6k

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, you know sensitive Shaq was super pissed after that.
    Despite that d0uchebag bush league elbow to Barea, Bynum may have been my favorite non-Mavericks player during that time IMO. Dude was a boss, coming into LA as a young guy, playing with Kobe, and turning into an alpha almost immediately. Most rookies would've sh!t their pants and then started some g@y podcast after their career floundered whining about how Kobe was an a$$hole ala Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. Bynum was never a talker, he just did work.

Interesting guy too tbh. Basically quit basketball because he was bored and wanted to do other stuff, like be a computer programmer and go bowling

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite that d0uchebag bush league elbow to Barea, Bynum may have been my favorite non-Mavericks player during that time IMO. Dude was a boss, coming into LA as a young guy, playing with Kobe, and turning into an alpha almost immediately. Most rookies would've sh!t their pants and then started some g@y podcast after their career floundered whining about how Kobe was an a$$hole ala Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. Bynum was never a talker, he just did work.

Interesting guy too tbh. Basically quit basketball because he was bored and wanted to do other stuff, like be a computer programmer and go bowling
    Bynum is definitely not an Alpha judging by the way his career ended. Bynum is more like a dumbass considering how many screw ups he brought on himself that weren't necessary. He once injured his knees at a bowling alley while playing with Sixers. How about the time when he was dumb enough not to remove the gas pump hose from his car and ended up driving off and tearing off the hose from the gas pump. He got kicked out of all the 3 remaining teams he played on due to bad conduct. I know you probably say something stupid like "well that's alpha he didn't care about playing and still was able to trick those teams into paying him free money." I would say he did care about playing since he tried to make a failed comeback in 2018. Bynum had talent to still be playing right now considering he's 33 but threw it away by being a dumbass. Nothing alpha about making child like decisions without thinking rationally that end up hurting you like Bynum did on many occasions.

https://www.si.com/extra-mus /201...as-pump-nozzle
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/09/an...cers-cavaliers

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bynum is definitely not an Alpha judging by the way his career ended. Bynum is more like a dumbass considering how many screw ups he brought on himself that weren't necessary. He once injured his knees at a bowling alley while playing with Sixers. How about the time when he was dumb enough not to remove the gas pump hose from his car and ended up driving off and tearing off the hose from the gas pump. He got kicked out of all the 3 remaining teams he played on due to bad conduct. I know you probably say something stupid like "well that's alpha he didn't care about playing and still was able to trick those teams into paying him free money." I would say he did care about playing since he tried to make a failed comeback in 2018. Bynum had talent to still be playing right now considering he's 33 but threw it away by being a dumbass. Nothing alpha about making child like decisions without thinking rationally that end up hurting you like Bynum did on many occasions.

https://www.si.com/extra-mus /201...as-pump-nozzle
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/09/an...cers-cavaliers
    you can still be a dumb@ss and an alpha.

Also, there's no way he'd still be playing. He had legitimate knee issues that would've done him in sooner or later despite him technically retiring early

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can still be a dumb@ss and an alpha.

Also, there's no way he'd still be playing. He had legitimate knee issues that would've done him in sooner or later despite him technically retiring early
    Well according to you then pretty much every thug and bully on every street corner is an alpha. What stupid logic by a dumb troll.

Actually he could still be playing the problem is he burned all his bridges in the league. We have seen guys with bad knees comeback like Rose,Livingston. Bynum just didn't have it in him and also paid price.

Thread Information