Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-sun...155833395.html

Woj reported that the Suns don't think Ayton belongs in the same elite group as some of his peers.
    Sarver strikes again

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's re ed, no way Ayton would command less than max on the market. Pay the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the , Ayton is a key piece and improving every year

Sons

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's everything you'd want in a prototypical center in 2021, he doesn't shoot threes like re s like Embiid... instead he maximizes his extreme athletic talent at the rim and is a premier defender. He's basically a better version of Amare Stoudemire before the knee injuries.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well, , I would imagine most owners don’t want to pay out max contracts. But when it makes sense to do it, they pay up anyway. Sarver doesn’t have to want to do it. But he should do it anyway. Although I will say this, I wouldn’t pay Ayton a second max contract after this one. He gets to has late 20s on the doorsteps of 30, like most athletic centers, you have to not only worry about regression of athleticism and quickness, but higher risks of injuries. While he’s still 23, 24, you pay him the first max deal. After that, it’s reasonable to pass on a second max.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is a no brainer. C'mon Sarver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same ole' Sarver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him to the Spurs. I'm sick of Jak ing Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can kind of see it. Hard to max out a center nowadays, and one who isn't nearly as dynamic as Embiid or Jokic.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This should only bother Suns fans I would love to have this guy on the Spurs. If they would have beaten Milwaukee in the Finals he would definitely be getting that max extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to get them past a healthy Lakers, Warriors or Clippers, never mind the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to get them past a healthy Lakers, Warriors or Clippers, never mind the Nets.
    No healthy Clippers team, the Warriors don't have much depth, and the Lakers are old as . Ridiculous to act like the Suns don't have a shot to win the conference again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No healthy Clippers team, the Warriors don't have much depth, and the Lakers are old as . Ridiculous to act like the Suns don't have a shot to win the conference again.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still running through Chris Paul? His sop re years on new teams have all showed marked declines, and he's old as now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf starver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still running through Chris Paul? His sop re years on new teams have all showed marked declines, and he's old as now
    His Suns are deep as though and not as dependent on him as his Clippers and Rockets were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ir not a max player. In these days nba teams are handing out max contracts like candies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get it whether or not deserves is debatable as he is immensely talented but not yet a go to force

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, , I would imagine most owners don’t want to pay out max contracts. But when it makes sense to do it, they pay up anyway. Sarver doesn’t have to want to do it. But he should do it anyway. Although I will say this, I wouldn’t pay Ayton a second max contract after this one. He gets to has late 20s on the doorsteps of 30, like most athletic centers, you have to not only worry about regression of athleticism and quickness, but higher risks of injuries. While he’s still 23, 24, you pay him the first max deal. After that, it’s reasonable to pass on a second max.
    Amare comes to mind.

As much as it made the Suns worse when they let him walk, letting Amare walk to the Knicks was the right move when they did. Amare on the Knicks and later teams just wasn't very good.

I can kind of see it. Hard to max out a center nowadays, and one who isn't nearly as dynamic as Embiid or Jokic.
    I'd take a full time paint dominator over a lazy 7 footer who wants to spend too much time chucking 3's, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Sarver has done it again...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummm… can we sign him on the Spurs ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh hes a stiff

A very poor mans Duncan tbqh

Todays nba

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's not just Ayton, it's Mikal Bridges too that the Suns are about to lose, due to idiotic lowballing. Here is what Bridges said yesterday:

"Like I said, we’re human beings, and when stuff like this comes up, it’s, it’s kind of, you can’t just push it to the side. But like I said, I told coach Mont this today and like them guys, Coach Monty and my teammates and everybody on that staff and in the training room, and everybody man, chefs, like, I don’t, they don’t make me think about it as much man. You'd think I’ll come here every single day, and you know, know I’m in this Suns arena, facility, and think about you know, James and Sarver and everything man, but these guys [motioning to the team/coaches] they keep me, they keep me down, my family at home, my mom, you know they keep the pressure off me to not even think about it as much. I just go out here and just have fun. You know laugh it up and try to get better every day."

So basically he says that he has to block out from his mind the fact that he is in a Suns facility or that James Jones and Robert Sarver exist, in order to be able to still do his job.

Sound like a very healthy situation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just Ayton, it's Mikal Bridges too that the Suns are about to lose, due to idiotic lowballing. Here is what Bridges said yesterday:

"Like I said, we’re human beings, and when stuff like this comes up, it’s, it’s kind of, you can’t just push it to the side. But like I said, I told coach Mont this today and like them guys, Coach Monty and my teammates and everybody on that staff and in the training room, and everybody man, chefs, like, I don’t, they don’t make me think about it as much man. You'd think I’ll come here every single day, and you know, know I’m in this Suns arena, facility, and think about you know, James and Sarver and everything man, but these guys [motioning to the team/coaches] they keep me, they keep me down, my family at home, my mom, you know they keep the pressure off me to not even think about it as much. I just go out here and just have fun. You know laugh it up and try to get better every day."

So basically he says that he has to block out from his mind the fact that he is in a Suns facility or that James Jones and Robert Sarver exist, in order to be able to still do his job.

Sound like a very healthy situation...
    Can't believe Sarver is going to poison such a promising core. Ayton is a no-brainer max with the max scale what it is for someone getting his second contract, and Bridges is a guy who would probably blow up elsewhere where he'd have a bigger offensive role. A young 3 & D guy like him is immensely valuable in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheap ass Sarver

Thread Information