Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why drew Ebanks didn't get any time. Jacok was clearly being outplayed and or needed another big to help get rebounds especially after he would rotate to protect the rim. Jonas was the MVP of the game by far for the Grizz. Strange considering Ebanks played a lot this year and was the reason we dropped Metu. Also I don't get why for the love of god pop dosent use challenges. There was a clear instance where the grizz got a 3 point shooting could when Jaren Jackson clearly was not shooting and pop didn't challenge...and we lost by 4, small stuff like that adds up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prediction: DDR goes 5-19, gets an ill advised T after giving up a 3pt play and misses a crucial free throw down the stretch of a Spurs loss.

GSG!!!
    Prophetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look another coach about to successfully use a challenge while Pop forgets he has one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop removes gorgie

called it

also memphis immediately challenges

pop never challenged jacksons bull 3 free throws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we won't ever even tie it this game
    thats the infamous "getting over the hump" effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would probably be best tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [*Goes and checks boxscore*]

Their defense is the only reason they're still in this game, TBH, and the fact that Memphis isn't a high volume three - point team.
    Memphis' lack of making wide open shots was why the Spurs were still in the game. They got great looks and blew by Spurs defenders whenever they wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would’ve been destroyed had we made the playoffs anyways. This was the best possible outcome tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would’ve been destroyed had we made the playoffs anyways. This was the best possible outcome tbh.
    Agreed the Jazz would have swept them by 20 points in every game. There is no point to be in the playoffs if you are just going to get your ass whooped every game. That's basically like not being there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more rant and then I'm done. Pop wanted the young Spurs to experience a playoff game feel. Walker got 17 minutes and VAssell got 10. Jones, Weatherspoon, and Diop got zero. DDR got 38 minutes, Rudy Gay got 27 minutes, and Patty Mills got 30 minutes. So we made the play-in so that Vassell could get 10 minutes of playoff basketball experience?
    Yeah, that was real BS. The only young player who might've gotten something out of last night's game is DJ, tbh. Lonnie I feel would've been better off if he'd missed the game altogether 10 measly minutes, some shots that didn't fall, then Pop banishes him to the bench for the rest of the game. What's that supposed to do for his confidence, especially as he sees the vets chuck away the loss? Vassell too, hardly any floortime. Keldon was disappointing but at least he played, too. And wasn't Tre Jones talking on IG a couple days ago? My guy saw literally 0 minutes

It's no mystery to see why the young guys consistently defer to the vets. When you have such a glaring disparity in playing time, shot orders, and hierarchy set in place by the coach, what are they supposed to do? Rise up against their own coach, freeze out the vets? Nah....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why drew Ebanks didn't get any time. Jacok was clearly being outplayed and or needed another big to help get rebounds especially after he would rotate to protect the rim. Jonas was the MVP of the game by far for the Grizz. Strange considering Ebanks played a lot this year and was the reason we dropped Metu. Also I don't get why for the love of god pop dosent use challenges. There was a clear instance where the grizz got a 3 point shooting could when Jaren Jackson clearly was not shooting and pop didn't challenge...and we lost by 4, small stuff like that adds up
    In case it wasn't clear enough, this game made it painfully obvious: the Spurs do not have a PF. DeMar at the 4 is a joke, no explanation needed; Keldon is woefully undersized - even if he can "hold his own" against bigger players on man-to-man D (his team defense yesterday was nonexistent), he lacks every single instinct that makes PFs valuable, lackluster rebounding for his position, no box-outs, no perimeter threat unless it's a wide-open C&S, etc. And Rudy Gay is just.... Old. Way too old to be helping Jakob do the dirty work on the glass and on D. Guy's closer to retirement than he is to pull contested offensive rebounds, tbh.

I urge anyone who doesn't believe me to pull some tape from the middle-of-the-season games where Luka was played alongside Jakob. Luka, while not the best rebounder, is a really good presence when he's given minutes - he's got the height, adequate length, can box-out, pull boards, and most importantly, be a presence in the paint to deter rim shots when Jakob's pulled towards the perimeter to defend guards and wings. Which guard in the NBA is scared by seeing DeRozan alone in the paint, waiting for them, tbh?

Jonas is the better player than Jak, but he's not as good as we made him look last night, or close to it. Spurs need to get bigger in the worst ways. Hopefully Luka's hand heals soon, because I really like the defensive potential of a DJ-White-Keldon-Luka-Jak lineup, or Vassell at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are big words for two guys who saw us losing today and didn't show any aggression.

Devin better hit the weights and take his dribble game from a C- to a B this summer.

And Keldon better really nut up over the summer the way he passes up shots currently.

Right now this is very much just talk.
    this is like when the team talked at the beginning of the season: "We know what we're capable of", "We will be back in the playoffs" and all that other bull . They were talking about being able to win games like it was winning the championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it...real reason we lost...thank op everyone
    burn at the stakes

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is like when the team talked at the beginning of the season: "We know what we're capable of", "We will be back in the playoffs" and all that other bull . They were talking about being able to win games like it was winning the championship
    I'm just annoyed they can't do simple math. Everyone told them since before LAST season ended that they ALL needed to come back shooting 3s. Who listened? Just injured Fathead2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats all we could ask for

derozan finally overcoming lebron
    Captain Hindsight:
    Derozan isn’t even overcoming Brooks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain Hindsight:
    Lol. All too true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all are acting like Dillon is a scrub. He averaged 17 ppg this year and plays awesome defense. Personally hope the Spurs go after him this summer.
    He’s on the first year of a 3 year deal. Won’t be a FA for 2 more summers after this one ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Captain Hindsight:
    Sadly, Brooks did everything that gets in DeRozan's head.

Played him physical. Didn't jump on pump fakes or swipe his arms, but definitely bodied and bumped him constantly. Some of those bumps should have been fouls that weren't called....but that gets DeMar into pouty mode where he is more worried about the refs and trying to draw contact than he is actually playing basketball.

I think DeMar can be a great player, but he needs to stop being a crybaby on the court. That is no way to lead a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information