Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    After looking at the Jaguars tight ends currently on the roster, it would appear that Tebow should actually have a shot at making the team if he's any good at tight end. They don't even have a competent starter already on the roster.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Also, the WOKE crowd seems to miss the point that signing Tebow is also a marketing ploy to sell tickets (Urban Meyer, state of Florida, etc). Or maybe they do realize it, but they act like it's egregious to do so despite the fact that there have been many instances in sports history where owners have signed marketable athletes just to sell tickets. Rodman to the Mavs, Lynch to the Raiders post-retirement so he could be back in Oakland etc. So why is it all of a sudden a bad thing when it happens to Tebow? Either they don't get it, or they're playing 4D Woke Chess and I'm just behind.

Colin Kaepernick on the other hand, would DECREASE ticket sales. You could argue that he's maybe the most polarizing player in NFL history, and you would lose a good chunk of your fanbase via boycotts which means lost money. Again, all that just for him to hold a clipboard...makes zero business sense. On the flip side, no fan is going to quit watching games because their team signed Tim Tebow

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, the WOKE crowd seems to miss the point that signing Tebow is also a marketing ploy to sell tickets (Urban Meyer, state of Florida, etc). Or maybe they do realize it, but they act like it's egregious to do so despite the fact that there have been many instances in sports history where owners have signed marketable athletes just to sell tickets. Rodman to the Mavs, Lynch to the Raiders post-retirement so he could be back in Oakland etc. So why is it all of a sudden a bad thing when it happens to Tebow? Either they don't get it, or they're playing 4D Woke Chess and I'm just behind.

Colin Kaepernick on the other hand, would DECREASE ticket sales. You could argue that he's maybe the most polarizing player in NFL history, and you would lose a good chunk of your fanbase via boycotts which means lost money. Again, all that just for him to hold a clipboard...makes zero business sense. On the flip side, no fan is going to quit watching games because their team signed Tim Tebow
    yeah, and Jax is one of the most conservative metro areas by capita in the NFL

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Utilize him the same way the Saints use Taysom Hill

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep, though i doubt he'll take QB snaps considering Lawrence is the QB instead of an aging Brees or especially Winston

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    annoyingly and disruptively?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Slob logging in with two alts to cry. K

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    media was all over his nuts during his run tbh

then he just couldn't hang on an NFL roster.
    Selective memory. They were talking all kinds of the whole time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Shannon Sharpe bleeding out of his wherever.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tebow can't transition to TE but an entire position group (Secondary) is only populated by 13% of the entire US population?

NFL needs more diversity and it should start with CB and Safety.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    media is the only reason his career lasted as long as it did. the jets had him doing all kinds of gimmick like punt protection

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tebow can't transition to TE but an entire position group (Secondary) is only populated by 13% of the entire US population?

NFL needs more diversity and it should start with CB and Safety.
    there are white safeties but they are few, though there are a couple elite ones like Lynch and Harrison Smith... most of them play primarily on special teams like Nate Ebner and Jeff Heath.

Corner is the main position. When's the last time there's been a white corner drafted? The last time a non-black player played the cornerback position was when in 2016 Jeff Heath on the Cowboys filled in for a couple games at CB when Morris Claiborne and Orlando Scandrick were both out with injuries and the secondary was already uber thin that year. But on a full time basis? I'm 100% agreed.

Why no white slot corners at least to counter all the white smaller slot receivers? White athletes are seen as quicker than fast, while black athletes are seen as faster than quick. Is it genetics or coaching, or a combination of both? But you'd surely think it would make some sense to have some smaller white nickel corners to cover the Cole Beasley's and Edelman's and Scotty Miller's of the world and stop them from making those key conversion catches on third and medium.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    there are white safeties but they are few, though there are a couple elite ones like Lynch and Harrison Smith... most of them play primarily on special teams like Nate Ebner and Jeff Heath.

Corner is the main position. When's the last time there's been a white corner drafted? The last time a non-black player played the cornerback position was when in 2016 Jeff Heath on the Cowboys filled in for a couple games at CB when Morris Claiborne and Orlando Scandrick were both out with injuries and the secondary was already uber thin that year. But on a full time basis? I'm 100% agreed.

Why no white slot corners at least to counter all the white smaller slot receivers? White athletes are seen as quicker than fast, while black athletes are seen as faster than quick. Is it genetics or coaching, or a combination of both? But you'd surely think it would make some sense to have some smaller white nickel corners to cover the Cole Beasley's and Edelman's and Scotty Miller's of the world and stop them from making those key conversion catches on third and medium.
    The discrimination starts at an early age and non-black players are discouraged from playing the positions. Sure the position might not be filled by someone as athletic but you could run more complicated schemes with fewer boneheaded blunders and penalties committed.

I also think there is racism in the locker room at these position groups.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The discrimination starts at an early age and non-black players are discouraged from playing the positions. Sure the position might not be filled by someone as athletic but you could run more complicated schemes with fewer boneheaded blunders and penalties committed.

I also think there is racism in the locker room at these position groups.
    Yeah, and even on offense a white guy with receiving talent is either considered a slot receiver or a tight end, nothing in between. There's exceptions like Jordy Nelson but they're few and far between.

Corner is definitely the biggest enigma. It's not like there aren't white guys out there that can run a 4.4-4.5 forty, and there are plenty of black corners with 4.5 and worse 40 times, Richard Sherman ran about a 4.6.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    That comment section

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

His lack of football talent is derailing his career just fine without any help, OP.

That comment section

Almost makes getting beaned in the helmet with an easy pass not look so bad.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Almost makes getting beaned in the helmet with an easy pass not look so bad.
    Was also a pass by Sanchez, wouldn’t have made a difference even if Tebow turned his head around.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    That play outcome is a lack of reps more than anything, imo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Tebow released