Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just don't know what kind of market demar has. maybe a team that sees him as an extra piece but certainly not a difference maker. but i'd have to think his value has depreciated significantly. that may mean that he'd strongly consider staying with the spurs if he sees the market for his services has shrunk.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of white , ddr,pop,mills,gay for starters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just don't know what kind of market demar has. maybe a team that sees him as an extra piece but certainly not a difference maker. but i'd have to think his value has depreciated significantly. that may mean that he'd strongly consider staying with the spurs if he sees the market for his services has shrunk.
    Demar's numbers are actually in career high. He wouldn't be the first option, but if you pair him with contenders and hide his defense, he could be a great fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, DeRozan could actually survive in today's NBA and be a good piece for the Spurs if he was even an average defender. But he's not.

Having a guy who doesn't space the floor AND doesn't play defense is like kryptonite to the current build of this team.

He needs to go some place with a lot of solid defense and shooters around him, and be a 2nd or 3rd option....although that sounds a lot like Toronto and that didn't really work either

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar's numbers are actually in career high. He wouldn't be the first option, but if you pair him with contenders and hide his defense, he could be a great fit.

Like Miami. Once they realized they can't get kawhi, demar will be the next best option. He can be the 3rd option behind butler and bam. And he's the same age as butler, so same timeline. Give him options like herro, maybe Robinson, butler and a far better big like bam who can shoot a bit too. The paint is wide open for him to operate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the problems beyond his bad shooting, terrible defense, and playoff underachievement ... Is how the other players defer to him way too much

What was it, the second or third defensive possession of the game, and Keldon grabs the rebound after a block, and has Lonnie running ahead looking back for the pass for a transition attempt or at least early offense.

BUT Keldon refuses to pass, holds up and kills any break opportunity, to find and pass it to DeRozan. DDR then promptly goes ISO to puke up a bricked mid-range.

What could have been a flowing, aggressive offense is choked out because everyone is conditioned to get DeRozan his first option looks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, DeRozan could actually survive in today's NBA and be a good piece for the Spurs if he was even an average defender. But he's not.

Having a guy who doesn't space the floor AND doesn't play defense is like kryptonite to the current build of this team.

He needs to go some place with a lot of solid defense and shooters around him, and be a 2nd or 3rd option....although that sounds a lot like Toronto and that didn't really work either
    I bet he'd like to ball at home in LA with LeBron and AD if Lakers find a way to squeeze his salary in. Demar would be a great 3rd option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan underachieved expectations way beyond anything Richard Jefferson ever did last night. It’s time to move on… After Richard Jefferson came Kawunt, if only we could be so lucky again

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet he'd like to ball at home in LA with LeBron and AD if Lakers find a way to squeeze his salary in. Demar would be a great 3rd option.
    No he wouldn’t, unless by third option you mean as a replacement for Kuzma. KCP is better for LA than what Demar would provide to their starting lineup.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question: How good is this Spurs team, with White and Lil Luka healthy ... but you slide in January 2000 Tim Duncan instead of Lyles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar likely don’t be back, but goddamn I’d hate to see him on the Lakers next season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar to the Wizards also seems to be a recurring rumor and I could actually see it happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar likely don’t be back, but goddamn I’d hate to see him on the Lakers next season tbh.

Oh, I’d love to see DDR on the Lakers next season: playing zero defense, having a hissy fit every time he doesn’t get a foul call, ruining their offensive flow with his stupid iso game. Etc. It’d be a hoot. DDR on the Lakers, yes please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad look on Demar. He's not quite who you want as the offensive engine but there is no doubt he is a good offensive player and facilitator. Memphis had a better team, period. He would be a great 3rd option for most teams. Chicago and Atlanta would definitely benefit.

Edit: Memphis had a pretty good team. Yesterday I do believe Spurs could've beaten Memphis if they benched Derozan but we all knew that wasn't going to happen this year and let's hope Derozan finds a good place in the Eastern Conference this summer along with Rudy and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I’d love to see DDR on the Lakers next season: playing zero defense, having a hissy fit every time he doesn’t get a foul call, ruining their offensive flow with his stupid iso game. Etc. It’d be a hoot. DDR on the Lakers, yes please.
    He’d thrive in both LA and Miami

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’d thrive in both LA and Miami
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to have to pay someone to hit minimum payout requirements and probably only want to give out two year deals, so I'd take Mills back. Not happily, but I'd much rather have him than another couple of years of DePression. He's gotta ing go, that guy is garbage in this era where you have to shoot the three and have to be able to guard the perimeter.
    No, trade for two year contracts. I can’t watch Patty run the offense for another two years. Only bad things happen when he dribbles more than 3 times.

Al Horford
    Harrison Barnes
    Andrew Wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar to the Wizards also seems to be a recurring rumor and I could actually see it happening.
    Beal, DeRozan, and Westbrook....

Sounds like the toothless hobo version of the Nets to be honest.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to laugh when he's given a 2+1 Max Contract.
    While it's true he didn't shoot well, at least he was aggressive and got to the line.

Where was the other guys outside of Rudy Gay?
    #Comp10 Will be back. That money is too good, but on a 2 + 1, that give DeRozan the most cash and the team flexibility to prove they can get better players with him. If not, the relationship ends after Season 2 of that new deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop rather invest in vets than young Guns.......when the Grizz went on that early run in 1st.....he never called time...he looked uninterested and it showed the team had no will to win either

the system has to change (whether Pop wants to or not) within Spurs Basketball or their will be dark years ahead...Pop knows what he has on this team...inconsistent play.

7 years removed from winning #5
    2 years removed from a Playoff Berth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to laugh when he's given a 2+1 Max Contract.
    While it's true he didn't shoot well, at least he was aggressive and got to the line.

Where was the other guys outside of Rudy Gay?
    #Comp10 Will be back. That money is too good, but on a 2 + 1, that give DeRozan the most cash and the team flexibility to prove they can get better players with him. If not, the relationship ends after Season 2 of that new deal.
    i'd rather it'd be a 1+1 but i doubt he'd agree to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, trade for two year contracts. I can’t watch Patty run the offense for another two years. Only bad things happen when he dribbles more than 3 times.

Al Horford
    Harrison Barnes
    Andrew Wiggins
    Even Kevin Love if he comes with a sweetener. Once we strike out on JC, these are the moves. This is probably as daring and savvy of a strategy PATFO is capable of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd rather it'd be a 1+1 but i doubt he'd agree to that.
    Plus 1 team option I hope? DDRs only value to us is to sign him under 30mm a year for 2+1 team option and move him at the opportune time. He said all the Spurs culture bullsh!t things that will get him overpaid by the Spurs in his exit presser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of white , ddr,pop,mills,gay for starters
    White is their best 2 way guard. He’s a stout defender, and a 3 level scorer.

Thread Information