Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet he'd like to ball at home in LA with LeBron and AD if Lakers find a way to squeeze his salary in. Demar would be a great 3rd option.
    the Lakers. Seeing Luol Deng exercise his option for next year reminds me of the absolute they offered for Kawhi. I can’t even image what kind of garbage they want us to take back this time.

the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is their best 2 way guard. He’s a stout defender, and a 3 level scorer.
    For 30 games a season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 30 games a season
    Yeah, you would have wanted to trade Steph Curry when it looked like he had a chronic ankle condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you would have wanted to trade Steph Curry when it looked like he had a chronic ankle condition.
    D White is not Steph. I’m not advocating for trading him currently, especially because he has little value to the rest of the league but his injuries might not just be bad luck. He is arguably our top player when healthy. Close to half the season out or taking time to get into rhythm 3 years straight is something to consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D White is not Steph. I’m not advocating for trading him currently, especially because he has little value to the rest of the league but his injuries might not just be bad luck. He is arguably our top player when healthy. Close to half the season out or taking time to get into rhythm 3 years straight is something to consider.
    And when White is arguably your best player to begin with you have worse problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been on the mothership roster for 3 years.

Year 1: 67/82
    Year 2: 68/71
    Offseason surgery when the offseason was shortened. Missed 18/19
    Sprained ankle 12 games. Covid 5 games. Definitely bad luck.
    Year 3 35/72

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never underestimate popovich. I will not be shocked if he's maxed this summer and Mills is given $12 million per..
    Ehhh, this is the same board that swore up and down that we'd bring back Forbes and Beli, to the point that you'd be ridiculed for suggesting otherwise. Above all, the most important factor here, is that DeRozan WANTS to get paid the big bucks - and the Spurs aren't that kind of organization at all. If they truly wanted him back, they'd have resigned him already before or during the start of the season, where him "balling out for his last big contract" and making other teams pursue him as a FA, driving up his price, wouldn't be a possibility. The fact that they took a wait-and-see approach - and how that approach turned out, with yesterday's "brilliant" performance from DD - says it all.

I'm pretty confident in saying we've seen the last of DeRozan as a Spur.

....hope I don't have this post bumped in a couple months, but I'm confident right now about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading for DeRozan was the worst decision in franchise history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree, he has value and would be easy to move on from.

They could get a first and a trade exception for him this summer easily from teams that have space and picks.

First teams that come to mind for me, Dallas, Chicago, NY would love to get their hands on White. He's locked in to a fair deal for years, is ready for win-now mode that these teams think they're in, plays defense, can run an offense, can start or be a lead reserve, play with anyone. Maybe the Mavs and the Bulls would have to put the picks way out in the future, but a deal for a first and an exception s probably there anytime the Spurs want.

The Bulls would dance for joy if they could swap Markannan for White. They desperately need a point guard who can defend, but also defer some of the on-ball to Levine.

The Mavs had a big disappointment in Josh Richardson and would take White anyday.

The Knicks have extra picks and room and White would be great for Thibs and a huge upgrade over Payton and Ntilikina.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to laugh when he's given a 2+1 Max Contract.
    While it's true he didn't shoot well, at least he was aggressive and got to the line.

Where was the other guys outside of Rudy Gay?
    #Comp10 Will be back. That money is too good, but on a 2 + 1, that give DeRozan the most cash and the team flexibility to prove they can get better players with him. If not, the relationship ends after Season 2 of that new deal.
    Blech, DeRozan's a loser, just cut ties with that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I'm going to give that to Red McCombs cheaping out and not trading for Barkley when they could have had him for Terry mings and Willie Anderson. But I'd put it second or third when they should have just tanked once Leonard forced his way out. I still think the Spurs should have just suspended Leonard for the 2018-19 season and eaten the contract considering how little they were being offered for the piece of . Coin flip between that up and Red McCombs being too cheap to pay Rod Strickland, and us being stuck with Del Negro instead. Really ed David's prime years making him carry such supporting casts until Duncan got here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is their best 2 way guard. He’s a stout defender, and a 3 level scorer.

and a bonafide china doll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a fan since Day 1 and have seen every good and bad trade they've made. This one is easily the worst in franchise history. Not just for the we got back, but what we could've had, had we leveraged Kawhi for the best package. That trade is completely on Pop and RC 100%.

I'll go one further, that trade has to be in the Top 10 of all time bad NBA trades.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I'm going to give that to Red McCombs cheaping out and not trading for Barkley when they could have had him for Terry mings and Willie Anderson. But I'd put it second or third when they should have just tanked once Leonard forced his way out. I still think the Spurs should have just suspended Leonard for the 2018-19 season and eaten the contract considering how little they were being offered for the piece of . Coin flip between that up and Red McCombs being too cheap to pay Rod Strickland, and us being stuck with Del Negro instead. Really ed David's prime years making him carry such supporting casts until Duncan got here.
    They couldn't have suspended him, he'd run the same play book, show up for a game and find a doctor to say he was injured. I can't imagine the league would have been ok with a top 5 player sitting out for a second year as well.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a fan since Day 1 and have seen every good and bad trade they've made. This one is easily the worst in franchise history. Not just for the we got back, but what we could've had, had we leveraged Kawhi for the best package. That trade is completely on Pop and RC 100%.

I'll go one further, that trade has to be in the Top 10 of all time bad NBA trades.
    There was no "best package" he tanked his value on purpose and nobody was willing to go for a one year rental. Giving him to the Lakers would have been what he wanted so that, and they offered jack when they found out what he was doing because they expected the spurs to be desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no "best package" he tanked his value on purpose and nobody was willing to go for a one year rental. Giving him to the Lakers would have been what he wanted so that, and they offered jack when they found out what he was doing because they expected the spurs to be desperate.

Clippers at least offered Tobias Harris and the 11th/12th pick tbh. They prolly could've gotten more too. Yes it would've sent Nephew where he wanted but if they were out to him over they should've just told him to stay in NY for another season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy has been a whiny from the moment he got traded to us.

i'm so tired of looking at his pitted grille talk about depression and compton.

he claims to be a kobe stan, hasn't he ever seen a video of Kobe making a ing three? good riddance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't have suspended him, he'd run the same play book, show up for a game and find a doctor to say he was injured. I can't imagine the league would have been ok with a top 5 player sitting out for a second year as well.
    They were fine with it for one year. But yeah the league ed New Orleans over when the Pelicans wanted to hold Davis out from playing until a trade had been worked out. Guess they would have done the same to the Spurs to get Leonard to the LA market.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People like to overcomplicate things. They bash Pop for his "shots didn't go in" mantra, but sometimes it really is that simple.

They were pretty even with Memphis in rebounding (surprisingly), assists, and turnovers, but were a net 10% worse in FG%. They also hit one more three than the Griz, each on 22 attempts.

The problem was that the Spurs shot like a blind Stormtrooper.

We can sit and argue about the type or efficiency of the shoots until the cows come home, but all things considered, it's amazing the game was even as close as it was given the poor shooting.

Perfectly said! Its wasn't one single guys fault, it was most of the guys inabaility to make shots. The guys that actually mades, shots, supperiouly were the two hated people on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers at least offered Tobias Harris and the 11th/12th pick tbh. They prolly could've gotten more too. Yes it would've sent Nephew where he wanted but if they were out to him over they should've just told him to stay in NY for another season.
    That is the package that should have been taken. You could have flipped Harris at trade deadline, but those two picks could have been Michael Porter Jr. and Miles Bridges. You still would have had 17 where Lonnie was drafted. But that meant Pop would be coaching kids, and Harris who wouldn't have been here long.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If not for Keldon and his potential, it would be the worst trade in history.

Should've made nephew sit for another season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk: Should have made Nephew sit until his contract expired!

Also Spurstalk: Why are we letting DeRozan walk for nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and a bonafide china doll
    At least we have our built-in excuse for the next few years as White plays a total of 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We once didn't trade for MVP Barkley bc we didn't want to pay him 5 million a year. Just saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have cost us the TD era but:

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott or Rodman
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson

add Nique in his final year a couple seasons later and wow.

Thread Information