San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have cost us the TD era but:

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott or Rodman
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson

add Nique in his final year a couple seasons later and wow.
    As long as Strickland doesn't attempt an ill advised no-look pass in the last seconds of a game 7, or Charles doesn't gamble by going for a turrible steal attempt in crunch time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have cost us the TD era but:

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott or Rodman
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson

add Nique in his final year a couple seasons later and wow.
    ‘Nique was more than done by the time he got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Nique was more than done by the time he got here.
    IIRC that season we beat the Lakers twice that season , with Mad Max and Nique going off on them
    tanking
    Last edited by lefty; 05-22-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, trade for two year contracts. I can’t watch Patty run the offense for another two years. Only bad things happen when he dribbles more than 3 times.

Al Horford
    Harrison Barnes
    Andrew Wiggins
    With a lottery pick attached, I hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers at least offered Tobias Harris and the 11th/12th pick tbh. They prolly could've gotten more too. Yes it would've sent Nephew where he wanted but if they were out to him over they should've just told him to stay in NY for another season.
    They should have taken that deal, maybe even try to get a little bit more out of the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have taken that deal, maybe even try to get a little bit more out of the Clippers.
    They never offered 11&12, and Harris would have walked in FA. He’s a nice player at the right price, but $30M isn’t the right price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs helped DDR more than he helped us. He had a bad game, but there is no game 2 to bounce back. Hoping that horrible performance drops his asking. Fine with 25 mill for 3 years. Okay with him also leaving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never offered 11&12, and Harris would have walked in FA. He’s a nice player at the right price, but $30M isn’t the right price.
    I could have sworn I heard one of the announcers at the draft say the Clippers offered the Spurs Harris plus both of their lottery picks for Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could have sworn I heard one of the announcers at the draft say the Clippers offered the Spurs Harris plus both of their lottery picks for Nephew.
    Pretty much everything was speculation. Considering they ended up signing him next summer anyway in what seemed like an "under the table" move, highly doubt Clippers were going to give up much for him that year anyway. My speculation is that it was a much deeper thing and Kawhi's camp literally did their very best to set back the Spurs franchise as much as possible (with external forces helping).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much everything was speculation. Considering they ended up signing him next summer anyway in what seemed like an "under the table" move, highly doubt Clippers were going to give up much for him that year anyway. My speculation is that it was a much deeper thing and Kawhi's camp literally did their very best to set back the Spurs franchise as much as possible (with external forces helping).
    All of this sounds about right.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toomuch blame on Derozan. He is what he is, a one dimensional player that was comfortable with what he does. Blame mgmt for not getting better value for any of their veterans ,( then and now)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing after the big 3 left how many "meh" players it turns out the Spurs have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing after the big 3 left how many "meh" players it turns out the Spurs have.
    Manu was pretty important too In both the bench strength and getting guys good looks without being a ball diva. Complete anti derozan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toomuch blame on Derozan. He is what he is, a one dimensional player that was comfortable with what he does. Blame mgmt for not getting better value for any of their veterans ,( then and now)
    So keep DeRozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey baseline bum...

You keep trying to prevent people from seeing my posts. Maybe I should start posting them in your threads.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10511513
    Stop trying to kill people with your disinformation on the COVID vaccines that are finally giving us a degree of normalcy after a horrific year plus in the US and I'll stop spamming your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to save people you shill.
    you. I just lost one of my best friends of 30 years to COVID. If he would have been able to get vaccinated in time I'd probably be having a beer at his place watching the games today instead of talking to your got ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only two reasons you keep Derozan. He takes a discount and he recruits an actual alll-star with him to the team. Otherwise, too many younger olayers waiting to play and develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only two reasons you keep Derozan. He takes a discount and he recruits an actual alll-star with him to the team. Otherwise, too many younger olayers waiting to play and develop.
    Just not enough three point shooting on this roster for DeRozan to make any sense back. I think you have to pick between DeRozan and Murray and I'm taking Murray since he is an elite defender.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not enough three point shooting on this roster for DeRozan to make any sense back. I think you have to pick between DeRozan and Murray and I'm taking Murray since he is an elite defender.
    Murray's also younger and cheaper so it's a easy call to make. There's also the hope that he develops a three point shot while it's a lost cause with Derozan on that front.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan served his purpose, time to move on though. I’d love to see a Dj, vassell, kJ, Collins , poodle line up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking DeRozan was heading towards a return to San Antonio until the smoke billowing today online and from the LA sports show. Gotta believe DeRozan will take any chance to play for his hometown team.

We may finally have a replacement 'franchise' player who'll shoot a 3pt at least every other game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking DeRozan was heading towards a return to San Antonio until the smoke billowing today online and from the LA sports show. Gotta believe DeRozan will take any chance to play for his hometown team.

We may finally have a replacement 'franchise' player who'll shoot a 3pt at least every other game.

The article mentions the 21 draft pick. But Harrell has to agree to opt in and be traded for it to work. There's no guarantee he will opt in though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article mentions the 21 draft pick. But Harrell has to agree to opt in and be traded for it to work. There's no guarantee he will opt in though
    I'd use that 21st pick to get Duarte if he's still available. That alone is worth the deal.

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd use that 21st pick to get Duarte if he's still available. That alone is worth the deal.
    If Duarte is still there absolutely

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DDR trade is difficult to pull off if it involves the Lakers #21 pick cause the teams would have to agree to a deal on draft night (so the Lakers pick who the Spurs want), then they would have to negotiate DDR's deal later once free agency starts.

That and the Harrell opt-in makes this look unlikely imo. Harrell would probably be able to get a multi-year MLE contract at the very least.

Thread Information