Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In general, I think people need to stop clinging to the idea that it's just the vets holding the young guys back. They aren't that good. That's it. Stop making excuses for them. We can all hope the young players improve, but that can't be part of the plan to ignore outside talent. The Spurs need to fall out of love with their players and look at everyone with objective eyes.
    I don't think we're making excuses for the youth. There is no one all that special on this team, youth nor vets. So might as well tank and try to get a player or two who might be. The team is completely directionless and doing nothing to improve for the future while completely stuck in the mud in the present. DeRozan is holding back the rebuild because he's good enough to win you some games but not enough to make it a team with any real hope. I could understand not blowing it up when the Spurs were a consistent playoff team even as a low seed but now they're just a below mediocre team with no reason to be kept together. So please, GTFO DeRozan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously we all hate Kawhitter, but it was some real salt in the wound watching DeRozan and Jak tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs an enema.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah its done, time to move on.
    I need a new username...please.

Brian Wright can absolutely get ed...he can off even quicker than Derozan...you can't manage a roster, that much is clear.

Pop...see ya.

Half this squad needs to just leave and go to China...if they'll even have you.

Tank, rebuild.

So envious of OKC with their billion high picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Who the would want to play here if they see how all the ing fans on the forum turn on them when everything is not going great.
    This forum is about the only place the truth is spoken.

Fb, reddit, real life - they get sucked off regardless....they'll be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah its done, time to move on.
    I need a new username...please.

Brian Wright can absolutely get ed...he can off even quicker than Derozan...you can't manage a roster, that much is clear.

Pop...see ya.

Half this squad needs to just leave and go to China...if they'll even have you.

Tank, rebuild.

So envious of OKC with their billion high picks
    Same, only I'll keep my username ...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike Nugs Gm 7 in which DeFrozen just wasn't hitting good shots, I felt like this idiot was taking one bad shot after another as the team had no rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “He was just bummed from espn leaving him off their playoff promo marquee which affected his subpar play tonight”

- DeRozanites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same, only I'll keep my username ...
    You'd think I learned from the Kawhi saga...its like getting a tattoo of ya gfs name...not a good idea.

Ready for a neutral name tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valanciunas outplaying his former teammate and looking like an all star tbh. grizzlies with the better former Raptor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's max is like $228M/5. No one's ever endorsed a contract for even half that amount.

Anyways, he didn't shoot well, but he was also being guarded pretty heavily the whole game. The problem is that basically each of the other starters also scored poorly, and most of what they were trying to do was run headlong into a sea of arms. The starters, who combined for 157 of 240 minutes took eight threes. That's what's unsustainable. DeRozan is part of that problem, but he's not close to the only part, and simply swapping him out for a three-and-D player won't fix the general tiness of the offense given the development of the young perimeter players.
    So what's the point of keeping him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy has some pretty great runs this season so I can see why. Dude really sucked when it counted tho. Ain't got time for that. GTFO mr NWA.
    Against trash teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said he is not "close to being the only part". I think he is very close to being the only part, because he doesn't just not catch and shoot 3's, he doesn't catch and shoot period. Passing the ball to demar derozan doesn't really do anything for any player on our team. It doesn't generate an assist cause he won't shoot it. It doesn't generate spacing because the guy guarding...doesn't actually guard him until he starts going to the rim. Most of the time it doesn't even set up another player to score because Derozan likes to pound the ball for a bit before making a decision. I think the spurs offense will get substantially better by doing nothing than replacing one guy who doesn't catch and shoot period with someone who does because that one thing completely changes the trajectory of the floor.
    Someone with some basketball sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not. The Spurs' starters shot .254 threes per minute tonight. That's about one third of the average for an NBA team. That's not acceptable, and it's not just DeRozan who's responsible for it. DeRozan shouldn't be spotting up very much. He should be on the ball, because he's actually really good at it. The other guys aren't very good off the ball, but the difference is that they aren't very good with the ball either. That's a huge problem. If it were DeRozan and four shooters, you'd see a much more balanced offense. Instead it's DeRozan trying to space for guys so they can be poor imitations of him.

The Spurs would get better by replacing the guys who can't spot up for DeRozan with guys who'd actually be able to take better advantage of DMDR's strengths. Replacing DeRozan would probably add threes, but it would lose other offensive efficiency since none of the other players are very good engines, and they'd have the same problems spotting up for each other as they do for DeMar.
    The problem with DeMar being in ball is it stifles the growth of young players because it turns them strictly into spot up shooter...it doesn't give them the offensive freedom to grow their game because HE can't play off ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see DDR go but that is only the start if want to change the trajectory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah paying 28 million a year to our supposedly "best" player who goes 5-21 in a big stage game. He deserves to be on, GTFO you stupid mother er.
    you pussy slide a tampon in and stop the bleeding mother er acts like 28 million is coming out of his account lmao.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost like you ignored the fact that Depression is objectively one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Impact stats, synergy, on/off numbers will all agree. If the Spurs are playing bad defense, he's one of the primary reasons why.
    I didn’t ignore anything. That team gave up 38 points other than derozen who else was on the floor? Some one forgot to step up take your pick who that some one is. Im not defending derozen i know his defense is subpar but people like to lay blame on the obvious and most likely hes not coming back so when he eventually doesn’t come back people that are claiming to know what has been the “problem” on this team will say “see i knew it all along”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your man’s trash. Haha
    Whos my man? Hipster git

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes please go away. He seems like a good person, a good friend but man he does not equate to winning basketball.

Yes he probably helped us win more games these past few years but we know he’s not someone that will lead you to a championship or even a high seed in the playoffs or even the playoffs period at this point in his career. So let’s move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In general, I think people need to stop clinging to the idea that it's just the vets holding the young guys back. They aren't that good. That's it. Stop making excuses for them. We can all hope the young players improve, but that can't be part of the plan to ignore outside talent. The Spurs need to fall out of love with their players and look at everyone with objective eyes.
    I've been saying this for a while now. People seem to think that XYZ young guy is the second coming but in truth the very best of this young core is nothing more than a solid starter. Maybe someday one of these guys will make an all star or two but I don't see that happening any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan 5/21
    Murray 4/17
    Kj 5/11
    Walker 2/8
    Mills 3/7!
    Gay 8/21

No teams is going to win, when 90% of your teams shoot like hot garbage!
    People like to overcomplicate things. They bash Pop for his "shots didn't go in" mantra, but sometimes it really is that simple.

They were pretty even with Memphis in rebounding (surprisingly), assists, and turnovers, but were a net 10% worse in FG%. They also hit one more three than the Griz, each on 22 attempts.

The problem was that the Spurs shot like a blind Stormtrooper.

We can sit and argue about the type or efficiency of the shoots until the cows come home, but all things considered, it's amazing the game was even as close as it was given the poor shooting.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People like to overcomplicate things. They bash Pop for his "shots didn't go in" mantra, but sometimes it really is that simple.

They were pretty even with Memphis in rebounding (surprisingly), assists, and turnovers, but were a net 10% worse in FG%. They also hit one more three than the Griz, each on 22 attempts.

We can sit and argue about the type or efficiency of the shoots until the cows come home, but all things considered, it's amazing the game was even as close as it was given the poor shooting.
    It’s not amazing at all considering the quality of the opponent - a very young team that is likely going to be in the lottery this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The quality of the shot attempts, especially in the 1st quarter were poor. Keldon, Demar and DJ all jacked ill-advised long range jumpers to start the game. Pop has been telling all his guys to let it fly and they certainly listened tonight. If they slowed the game down early, ran some plays and got into rhythm we would have had a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The quality of the shot attempts, especially in the 1st quarter were poor. Keldon, Demar and DJ all jacked ill-advised long range jumpers to start the game. Pop has been telling all his guys to let it fly and they certainly listened tonight. If they slowed the game down early, ran some plays and got into rhythm we would have had a chance.
    Not arguing that. The offense in the first quarter definitely left a lot to be desired, to put it lightly. They weren't putting themselves in good spots to take good shots.

Still, sometimes guys make tough shots. Sometimes guys miss open shots.

Last night, we were missing both tough shots and open shots. You don't win a lot of game shooting 35%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar has been a great soldier. He's done what he's told, be a facilitator when we didn't have DJ/White and his assist have been career high. Be a mentor to the young team, and he's taking that role. He's never complained, nor any locker room drama. He has never asked to be traded. He's been a good soldier. BUT his game does not make it in today's NBA. Without a dominant player like LeBron, KD, Giannis, the ball needs to rotate, and make extra passes to find the open man - beautiful game. This team needs to get back to playing great team defense, and great passing. And Demar's game does not allow that. So yes, Spurs need to move on.
    Last edited by John B; 05-20-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Thread Information