Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - If Poeltl doesn't develop an offensive game next year, we should give a chance to Dieng to start. Poeltl is very good at protecting the rim but he makes our offensive operation more difficult and stagnant.

- DeMar must adjust. Still not convinced that letting him go is the best option. Even having a bad game, he was the only Spur (beside Gay) capable of producing decent enough shots. Until we find a consistent shot creator, if Demar accepts less than 23m, I'm signing him.

- DeMar needs to learn how to score away from contact and shoot the corner 3. He seeks contact to generate free-throws. Harden is like that too but to be effective, he needs to catch and shoot more and catch the ball closer to the basket. The corner 3 is a must.

- DeMar is a good number 2 player. He can't lead the offense as a scorer.

- This team is doomed until it cannot win games without depending on Gay and Mills to generate points. (Both sould go.

- DJM is a solid 3rd or 4th best player. He is not good enough at creating his own shot nor generating to others.

- Pop needs to go. He still thinks he is the best coach around. he lacks poise, grit, energy to motivate the team. I sincerely think that Pop has lost the team. for some time. This team respects him as an old man and not as the most knowledgeable one.

- This team need more scoring options within 5ft, more size and more 3-point shooters.

- Pop should go and if DeRozan accepts less money, sign him to be our number 2 on offense.

- Patty Mills should be out next coach.

- No SF nor PF under legit 6'7.

- Lonnie, Vassell, Eubanks, Jones and Samanic should play like 25 minutes per game during the start of the next season. And traded if they don't perform up to expectations.
    Last edited by NK123; 05-20-2021 at 10:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - If Poeltl doesn't develop an offensive game next year, we should give a chance to Dieng to start. Poeltl is very good at protecting the rim but he makes our offensive operation more difficult and stagnant.

- DeMar must adjust. Still not convinced that letting him go is the best option. Even having a bad game, he was the only Spur (beside Gay) capable of producing decent enough shots. Until we find a consistent shot creator, if Demar accepts less than 23m, I'm signing him.

- DeMar needs to learn how to score away from contact and shoot the corner 3. He seeks contact to generate free-throws. Harden is like that too but to be effective, he needs to catch and shoot more and catch the ball closer to the basket. The corner 3 is a must.

- This team is doomed until it cannot win games without depending on Gay and Mills to generate points. (Both sould go.

- DJM is a solid 3rd or 4th best player. He is not good enough at creating his own shot nor generating to others.

- Pop needs to go. He still thinks he is the best coach around. he lacks poise, grit, energy to motivate the team. I sincerely think that Pop has lost the team. for some time. This team respects him as an old man and not as the most knowledgeable one.

- This team need more scoring options within 5ft, more size and more 3-point shooters.

- Pop should go and if DeRozan accepts less money, sign him to be our number 2 on offense.

- Lonnie, Vassell, Eubanks, Jones and Samanic should play like 25 minutes per game during the start of the next season. And traded if they don't perform up to expectations.

I agree with some of your points, but a couple - Poeltl sucks. He is not a starting caliber C in today's NBA. His team defense is great and he recovers well but he gets destroyed by any physicality and has 0 skill on offense

Demar is not adjusting dude. He's going to what, 32 next year? He is what he is at this point, expecting a 10 year vet to become something different at this point is silly. Demar is not a good #2 because he is 100% useless if he is not initiating the offense or doesnt have the ball in his hands constantly.

Not a single player on this team is really worth building around or should be considered "untouchable" in trade talks. IMO Spurs need to draft the BPA and fill out the roster through trades and free agency for once. White should be the starting PG next year and Murray and DD in a perfect would would be traded for depth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Point form makes your useless threads more tolerable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Poeltl is not a Starting C. He is a great help defense, but one-on-one, he sucks big time. He gets abused by random bigs day in and day out. He doesn't have range which exacerbate the already mid-range players situation we have.
    - Demar is not changing anytime soon. He is who he is. The iso play does not work unless we have a dominant player (and a clutch player at that, Demar is not), and even then, you can't win with iso plays all night. The ball needs to rotate. Remember the beautiful game? That means we need shooters and players who can pass. That means no Demar and Poeltl at the starting line-up.
    - I will not blame Pop for having a losing season. We have very young players who needed practices. The COVID situation made it worst. Still, our roster is full of promising young athletic players at every position, and 4 veterans expiring contracts. Personally I think our PATFO has done a splendid job replacing players through drafts.
    - As mentioned, the Spurs have very good young players at every position, young players who have great winning at ude. They will have a full off-season to work on their craft. I specially like Vassell interview, the guy is excited to get back to the gym and get better, get bigger to NBA size. Keldon does not want to miss playoffs again. Luka had made a great leap at the G-League the last time. I know he will only get better with more of Rudy's minutes.
    - I expect they let all the veterans go. Demar's game is antiquated. Rudy cannot play defense. Lyles is.. Lyles. And Patty??? He's alright in a very limited role. Patty is good in a beautiful game when he doesn't need to manufacture his own points, but just catch and shoot.
    - I really like Dieng as the starting center. He can shoot and open the lanes, he can pass, he is mobile. He is perfect for a beautiful game.
    - I'm excited for who they will get for our expiring contracts, package with our draft picks, whatever.
    - Until they draft or sign somebody, this is the starting lineup I want for next season: DJ, Lonnie, Keldon, Luka, Dieng. Derrick and Vaseell are the first ones from the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you teach a 10 year veteran the corner 3 in 2k?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing this game showed me that without any doubt now:

We likely won’t be in the playoffs for a few years.

Any thread to maintaining the old traditions has been torn. The Derozan era failed to keep the momentum going.

We are definitely rebuilding, whether or not the coaches and FO accept that. Perhaps not tanking in the future, but they are still rebuilding.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't read, but I'm sure your story was a cool one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl is not the problem. The problem is Poetl in a lineup what features very little 3 point shooting and thus spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with some of your points, but a couple - Poeltl sucks. He is not a starting caliber C in today's NBA. His team defense is great and he recovers well but he gets destroyed by any physicality and has 0 skill on offense
    I'd say Poeltl is like a Splitter or a Rasho.

Good defensive presence. Isn't going to shut down the stronger centers in the league, but is enough to alter shots from 80% of the people going up against him.

Also won't score a lot of points, and most of those will be off of rolls, cuts, and offensive rebounds. That still keeps the opposing defense honest in the paint.

Could definitely be a vital piece like Splitter was in 2013-2014, but needs the right players around him to maximize his strengths. Obviously, we don't have that right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Stopped at reading about keeping Demar. Sorry...

Kidding aside though is Demar "can" shoot 3s it's just that he refuses to shoot them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What it showed me is that next year we are TANKING and we won’t have to try hard to get a top 5 pick next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't read, but I'm sure your story was a cool one
    - THIS

Robble robble your title? TheSpurglar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR can't defend and refuses to shoot the 3. He shouldn't be brought back.

Spurs need a starting PF. I like Keldon, but he isn't it. He should be moved to SF, and should focus on shooting and defense in the off-season.

If the PF they acquire can shoot from range, Poeltl should keep starting. If he can't, they should start Dieng (if re-signed).

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reading this post showed me that you’rea flicking idiot.

How did being a Spurs become so associated with the loserdom of the Raptors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR can't defend and refuses to shoot the 3. He shouldn't be brought back.

Spurs need a starting PF. I like Keldon, but he isn't it. He should be moved to SF, and should focus on shooting and defense in the off-season.

If the PF they acquire can shoot from range, Poeltl should keep starting. If he can't, they should start Dieng (if re-signed).
    this!!!!

wait sorry

- THIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm hoping that the only thing DeRozan adjusts to is the night life in NYC compared to SA. Bc I want that dude gone. He is never gonna learn to shoot the 3.

And Poeltl isn't a good starting center. That has been obvious to anyone with any sense for a long time now. I'm glad some people are coming around but man the excuses that a dude who sucks against any decent center gets around here is unreal. People still on here saying he isn't an issue

I hope Pop gets his 26 wins next year and then retires with grace and dignity. Operation taaaaannnk is in effect starting... Now

Thread Information