Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typing this on my phone so it won’t be super extensive but obviously Kyle had a career year in pretty much every category. Finally developed a somewhat reliable 36% 3 point shot and he’s taking almost 4 per game. He’s not playing a ton more minutes than in a couple of previous seasons but he’s playing mor aggressively and shooting the ball more. Seems like we could have used that in a wing role this year. What are ya’lls thoughts? Contract year next year right? Would ya’ll want him back at 28-29 years old assuming he further progresses next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle has emerged since he left the spurs in that he's no longer the mental midget he was with us-and by that i mean he used to hesitate to shoot too often (very similar to what walker does now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted to leave, and SA wasn't getting enough out of him to force him to stay. He is a testament to the folks who preach patience with young players. He's been in the league four more years than Lonnie and five more than Samanic. At the same time, he showed more even as a sop re than they have so far. Anderson always had good parts to his game and was irrationally blamed for thing on ST. But you can't invest in guys forever, and if you're good at scouting you're going to have to live with losing some guys who end up being good. Anderson's rise shouldn't prevent the Spurs from being willing to move on from their non-blue chippers. This team can afford to suffer mediocrity even less than the 17-18 club could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, He is better off because his leash was broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he contributed to the Spurs comeback last night.

Certainly not all on Kyle.
    But his slow motion jumpers were not falling and his silly moving screen turnover was a momentum changer.
    Sadly Popped had to revert to his default Derozan 1990s offense ball so the comeback fell short.

Summary he was and is an average player. Never gonna be a contributor to a Chip unless he's a part time benchie on a stacked team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, was it just me or did kyle seem to have a huge chip on his shoulder last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not miss. Memphis is probably a better situation for him. Doubt he reaches his potential in SA. Spurs fans think this si the holy grail for guys reaching their potential but the reality is its very black and white. Pop and our system break as many guys as we make. Alot of guys excel after leaving the Spurs, because they find a better place that suits their development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt the Spurs kept the wrong young forward when choosing between KA and Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt the Spurs kept the wrong young forward when choosing between KA and Bertans.
    We actually chose Carrol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs actually chose morris, who screwed us. morris would have been better than any of them. easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, was it just me or did kyle seem to have a huge chip on his shoulder last night?
    Ex-Spurs always play great against us, a natural way to say, "you guys ed up."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex-Spurs always play great against us, a natural way to say, "you guys ed up."
    true, but to be fair, i don't think that's unique to the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs actually chose morris, who screwed us. morris would have been better than any of them. easily.
    Half truth. We could have signed Morris and kept Bertans, but inked Carrol first. Morris would have had us in the playoffs last year if he and Pop saw eye to eye. Or he woulda been the 12 man after his first stint in the dog house.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes we should have drafted jokic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes we should have drafted jokic

Exactly! Or if not, then Joe Harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly! Or if not, then Joe Harris.
    Dinwiddie, Jerami Grant, Jordan Clarkson.. the list goes on and on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only by drafting him in the first place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle has emerged since he left the spurs in that he's no longer the mental midget he was with us-and by that i mean he used to hesitate to shoot too often (very similar to what walker does now).
    I watched with two friends, and when he nailed a 3, I told them I ing hated him because he NEVER shot even the corner 3 without hesitating, or passing it up altogether.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn't seem unreasonable to let him walk at the time as he seemed maxed out and a bit of a liability on the offensive end. He's developed into 5x the offensive player he was with SA and is a legitimate two-way piece now. Sucks that we don't have him but it wasn't a massive failure letting him walk. He certainly wasn't great last night.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    he honestly looks more comfortable. he plays like he isn't under pressure / a microscope.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he would have been overpaid for what they could have offered him because they were overloaded in his position at that time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what happens when you leave the old senile grandpa and play for a real coach. Happened to everybody who left in the last 3 years basically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't play poker backwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all made mistake. I said that Anderson was the Spurs best defender outside Leonard, who wasn't playing at the time. Spurs then chose to keep bertans instead to address shooting. Then unfortunately Leonard got traded for DDR who didn't have the D to play along side bertans. They then traded bertans to make room for Morris, and we all know how that went.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually i think rudy replaced kyle as glue guy pf. I know bertans got minutes, but i think rudy took the most of the role as glue guy, small ball pf that Kyle would play. Certainly rudy was better then, but not so much now. Spurs avoided two years of Kyle rehabbing so better value. Good luck to Memphis getting the lakers beatdown.

Thread Information