Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continúes to play well for Memphis. 5 steals at the half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continúes to play well for Memphis. 5 steals at the half.
    We were alone supporting him, SAGirl.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even Forbes is doing passably well for the Bucks. Happy for both guys. We can make all the excuses in the world and rave about how good a guy DeRozan is or how Pöltl has improved immensely, but fact remains the Spurs haven’t made the playoffs in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-surgery KA is legitimately one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch, tbh. The hitch was cringe but it's basically gone now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyle bringing back 90s basketball physicality

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyle bringing back 90s basketball physicality
    They're competing to see who can get the most ridiculous flop at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-surgery KA is legitimately one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch, tbh. The hitch was cringe but it's basically gone now
    Spurs doctors taking the L once again. Misdiagnosed Pau, Kyle, Kawhi. It's possible that LMA might have died of a heart attack if he was still wearing a Spur uniform. Thankfully, the medical team in Brooklyn aren't full of Nick Rivieras like the Spurs are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs doctors taking the L once again. Misdiagnosed Pau, Kyle, Kawhi. It's possible that LMA might have died of a heart attack if he was still wearing a Spur uniform. Thankfully, the medical team in Brooklyn aren't full of Nick Rivieras like the Spurs are.
    LMA had issues in Portland. He had issues here. He had issues in BKY. How is this on the Spurs doctors? He was medicated his whole career.

Kawhi was never misdiagnosed. The Spurs medical staff and front office told him EXACTLY what he had: a chronic quad condition that would require him to play through pain. His Group didn’t like that. Guess what? He’s still missing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is full of confidence and hungry. They are going to be trouble for years to come I think (if they don’t screw things up).

I hated that the Spurs let Kyle go at the time, but I am happy for him because he landed in a good situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny, spurs fans have been used to talented teams, and seeing role players leave to flounder, while cast offs like diaw and danny get big roles. Now the spurs are average and their role players go to better teams and find success, and they cry "conspiracy, conspiracy! "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA had issues in Portland. He had issues here. He had issues in BKY. How is this on the Spurs doctors? He was medicated his whole career.

Kawhi was never misdiagnosed. The Spurs medical staff and front office told him EXACTLY what he had: a chronic quad condition that would require him to play through pain. His Group didn’t like that. Guess what? He’s still missing time.
    and he seems diminished even with all the rest he gets. yes, kawhi still shows greatness at times but there are other times where he seems to lack elevation and can't stay in front of the player he's defending. he's definitely not the lock-down defender he was just a few years ago. i'd be surprised if leonard's career turns out to be a long one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he seems diminished even with all the rest he gets. yes, kawhi still shows greatness at times but there are other times where he seems to lack elevation and can't stay in front of the player he's defending. he's definitely not the lock-down defender he was just a few years ago. i'd be surprised if leonard's career turns out to be a long one.
    Yeah, physically, he's got issues. Still, if he's willing to step back from being the man, he's got enough talent to stick for a long time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He took almost 6 years to be any good. Can't blame them for moving on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somewhat that some of the same posters who think we should have waited for kA to develop or the same voices that want to dump some of our younger players because they haven't shown enough yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Kyle was showing everything he’s showing in these playoffs when he was in the Spurs except for the shot and that was due to an untreated injury that worsened. If there’s guys out there that are taking 6 years to develop they will likely be out of the league. People are acting like he wasn’t a massive part of by the team in 2017-18...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle is far more polished now than he was with the spurs. hitch in his shot or not, KA had lonnie walker disease back then-the hesitancy to shoot. he doesn't hesitate anymore. the IQ was there. the potential showed. but he is definitely a more confident player now than he was then. he even has an at ude on the court now. it's like he went from being underconfident to being one of the iest players on the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he's not just playing for a new contract. Isn't he eligible for an extension this off season?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't make a mistake letting him go if we're talking champioship lvl players or role players, he's not one of them. If you take Morant and Jionas V out of this team they are tank worthy, he's that great as a pg and the other a very good center and actual rim protector, i wish we had him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pau was ancient and his foot broke after he tried to pay through the pain. That's what happens, tbh.

As for Kyle, his injury wasn't really an injury. It was a condition he was born with that got worse and worse over the years. It wasn't until he was with Memphis that it got to the point he couldn't ignore it anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle is far more polished now than he was with the spurs. hitch in his shot or not, KA had lonnie walker disease back then-the hesitancy to shoot. he doesn't hesitate anymore. the IQ was there. the potential showed. but he is definitely a more confident player now than he was then. he even has an at ude on the court now. it's like he went from being underconfident to being one of the iest players on the court.
    yep, it's called "fear of Pop" disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Spurstalk GM's told me fathead sucked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Kyle was showing everything he’s showing in these playoffs when he was in the Spurs except for the shot and that was due to an untreated injury that worsened. If there’s guys out there that are taking 6 years to develop they will likely be out of the league. People are acting like he wasn’t a massive part of by the team in 2017-18...
    Exactly. Kyle needed to improve on two things. Strength and shot. Those are two things that was always going to come. He had everything else already in his game to be a starter calibre player that can't be taught. His lack of athleticism meant he was never going to be great. But he didn't needed to be great. Spurstalk hated him. Sagirl and I praised him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Forbes out here balling. Popovich gotta go!! His style of coaching just isn’t working anymore

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I hated that the Spurs let Kyle go at the time, but I am happy for him because he landed in a good situation.
    Damn straight. Kyle's my man now. Don't be getting any ideas!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ways he's playing it not really a surpsie, this is the guy that Spurs Envisioned when they drafted him yet it took him a bit to reach that guy we wanted him to be.

.I'm happy for him! was one of my favortie player, at a time pissed me off, but dude had all the skills set.

Thread Information