Post Count
    8:14 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    PHX 28 35 33 5 101
    DEN 22 33 28 13 96

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA needs to stop rewarding players on unnatural shooting motions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets had their chances in the 4th just can't hit any shots.

3:28 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    PHX 28 35 33 13 109
    DEN 22 33 28 20 103

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 consecutive points by CP3 = game blouses

2:56 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    PHX 28 35 33 18 114
    DEN 22 33 28 20 103

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol I hadn't even realized Jokic was ejected from the game in the 3rd quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a turnaround for the suns from just a year ago. Maybe there is hope for the spurs yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a turnaround for the suns from just a year ago. Maybe there is hope for the spurs yet
    The difference is, it was clear then that the Suns had an actual foundation, which is a big part of what attracted Paul (who the Thunder wanted to "do right by") to them in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is, it was clear then that the Suns had an actual foundation, which is a big part of what attracted Paul (who the Thunder wanted to "do right by") to them in the first place.

No doubt. Booker/ayton are better then anything we have.when you draft well and make the right moves good things will follow

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My list of preferred winners in order....Milwaukee > Denver > Atlanta > Sixers > Jazz > Suns > Nets > Clippers
    Based on who is left I'd go

Phoenix > Atlanta > Milwaukee > Philly > Brooklyn > Utah >>>>>> Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing would piss spur fans off more then kawhi hoisting that trophy for a 3rd time

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Based on who is left I'd go

Phoenix > Atlanta > Milwaukee > Philly > Brooklyn > Utah >>>>>> Clippers
    Dude… not that I deserve to post here after wins only, but this legit brings a tear to my eye after all the Suns/Spurs back and forth from 2005-2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

19 shots taken, none of them were 3s.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again: the playoffs are a different animal and the value of the mid-range goes up.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-14-2021 at 06:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Booker really clicked for them. How do they go from like 11th to 2nd and in the WCF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 2018 No. 1 draft pick, the steal of 2015 in Booker, some great fitting pieces and the leadership/savvy of Chris Paul. Monty Williams deserves some credit, too. It's all clicking for them.
    CP3 is cutting up defenses late in games like he's playing against children.

They underachieved last season. Having Ayton suspended 25 games limited their chances in the bubble year. Also, Kelly Oubre, Jr didn't help the vibe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Booker really clicked for them. How do they go from like 11th to 2nd and in the WCF?
    A lot of things coming together imo. Paul's influence, Booker taking it to the next level (also not having to be the primary ball handler), improvements by Ayton and Bridges and Payne, adding the defensive presence of Crowder, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booker was already a star caliber player beforehand and had his worst regular season in the past 3-4. Interestingly, neither him nor Ayton made a quantum leap.

They added one of the greatest players of all-time (Paul), a quality role player (Crowder), had a young player make a leap (Bridges) and found money with a former bust turning into a quality role player (Payne).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booker was already a star caliber player beforehand and had his worst regular season in the past 3-4. Interestingly, neither him nor Ayton made a quantum leap.

They added one of the greatest players of all-time (Paul), a quality role player (Crowder), had a young player make a leap (Bridges) and found money with a former bust turning into a quality role player (Payne).
    Reminds me a lot of last year's Miami team, who added Butler, saw Adebayo take a leap forward, and had a bunch of role players have positive impacts...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude… not that I deserve to post here after wins only, but this legit brings a tear to my eye after all the Suns/Spurs back and forth from 2005-2010.
    LOL I got no ill will for ancient history. You guys have the most fun team to watch in the league this year and love watching Ayton and CP3 together. Nice seeing Booker have a team around him now too after it being a one-man show for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people who thought Parker was better

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    LOL I got no ill will for ancient history. You guys have the most fun team to watch in the league this year and love watching Ayton and CP3 together. Nice seeing Booker have a team around him now too after it being a one-man show for years.
    As someone who grew up with 1980s and 1990s basketball, I am thoroughly enjoying their defense and mid-range game. Need to involve Ayton more down low for my liking. He shoots 60% on his baby hook in the lane and 55% on his baseline turnaround. But I love the throwback nature of this squad. And, yes, very happy for Booker. Dude deserves this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who grew up with 1980s and 1990s basketball, I am thoroughly enjoying their defense and mid-range game. Need to involve Ayton more down low for my liking. He shoots 60% on his baby hook in the lane and 55% on his baseline turnaround. But I love the throwback nature of this squad. And, yes, very happy for Booker. Dude deserves this.
    The Suns are really fun to watch tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA needs to stop rewarding players on unnatural shooting motions.
    Back to Home

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    10m The plan's to bring recommendations to the Board of Governors for a vote this summer and implement rule changes for 2021-2022, per sources. Next step will be to talk with league’s GM’s about the specific unnatural motions that’ll be formally recommended to owners for elimination.

Sources: NBA’s Compe ion Committee met Monday to further explore rules changes to restrict unnatural motions on jump shots players use to draw fouls. NBA wants to limit players - including stars like Trae Young, James Harden - from leaning backwards and sideways to draw fouls.

There are star players with greater usage and exposure who many people identify with this issue, but the league and teams generally see this as a universal problem throughout rosters that gives offenses too great of an advantage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the rivals the Spurs face during the Duncan era, the Nash-Amare Suns were always the most likable in my eyes. Even when they swept the Spurs in '10 I had no hard feelings towards them. I actually wanted them to win it all. I was frustrated when they lost game 5 against the Lakers on that lucky put back by Ron Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young hits 2 FTs, Hawks up 3

49.6 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    PHI 28 34 20 16 98
    ATL 20 29 31 21 101

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge turnover by Hawks, Capela couldn't corral the pass under the basket.

16.6 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    PHI 28 34 20 18 100
    ATL 20 29 31 21 101

Thread Information