Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1954
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix imo could be in big trouble. If Clips win game 6 anything can happen in a game 7. Lately Phoenix isn't shooting the ball well and I definitely can see the Clippers creeping back and winning this series if the Suns can't manage to put the ball in the hole. Phoenix has to play that game 6 in LA like it's a game 7.
    That's pretty much how I feel. A game 7 is too risky considering all the pressure would be on the Suns and not the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It worked even in the past when the Bulls had Jordan/Pippen/Harper all starting together.
    Glad you mentioned Harper! He really got the short end of the stick in that recent do entary, & was hardly mentioned at all. That team was so imposing defensively to opposing backcourts, with a 6'6" Ron Harper and a 6'6" Jordan backed by a 6'8' Pippen. Imagine being a 6'2"-6'3" point guard having to deal with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People hate Kawhi so much here that it's hard to even have a reasonable conversation (), but really the concept of pairing two long versatile swing position guys as your #1 & #2 guys is a pretty smart approach in the modern NBA. I still like that concept better than the traditional pg & center that the Suns are running, regardless of the outcome in this series. Adding a guy like Batum was smart too-- another long versatile guy-- even though most on spurstalk claimed he was done when some some proposed a DeRozan for Batum swap a year or two ago. The Clippers have a good composition that might get sidetracked this year by injuries, but I can't fault their approach.
    I would say the only weakness that they have that is exploitable is their lack of good big men but most teams don't have a guy like Jokic that can take advantage of this. I felt even tonight the Suns failed to get Ayton involved. I feel if Ayton gets at least 20 against the Clippers then the Suns win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you mentioned Harper! He really got the short end of the stick in that recent do entary, & was hardly mentioned at all. That team was so imposing defensively to opposing backcourts, with a 6'6" Ron Harper and a 6'6" Jordan backed by a 6'8' Pippen. Imagine being a 6'2"-6'3" point guard having to deal with that.
    The Bulls were able to lock down the perimeter with that trio. It was very hard to get the ball up the court without getting hounded by one of those guys plus they were able to clog the passing lanes which made it hard for the opposing team to run their offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, comparing Leonard & George to the Bulls championship teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, comparing Leonard & George to the Bulls championship teams.
    I never said they were as good as Jordan/Pippen Bulls. I'm just saying they are the first team to be set up in a similar way in having a two tall perimeter players as their stars and who are good defensive players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going up 3-1 on a very good Denver team was impressive.
    I guess that's why they gave Doc Rivers an extension, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix imo could be in big trouble. If Clips win game 6 anything can happen in a game 7. Lately Phoenix isn't shooting the ball well and I definitely can see the Clippers creeping back and winning this series if the Suns can't manage to put the ball in the hole. Phoenix has to play that game 6 in LA like it's a game 7.
    We're seeing Chris Paul shrivel like he always does, and how hollow Booker is as a threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's why they gave Doc Rivers an extension, huh?
    I guess I'm not sure what your point is. The Clippers lost a 7 game series against a pretty good Denver team. Are you saying a team built around PG and KL can't possibly be good? Are you saying all of the 29 teams that don't win a championship in a given year are complete failures? What teams would you say are quality teams that are well put together?
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-29-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... I honestly don't think anyone could beat them if Nephew wasn't being such a big pussy and was playing...
    If we're playing the "if everyone is healthy" game, I think the nets have a say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're playing the "if everyone is healthy" game, I think the nets have a say.
    Yep. If Milwaukee wins it all, this year will be remembered as the one where Durant & the Nets were one toe away from beating them without Kyrie & with an injured Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Phoenix needed to close the door last night and they failed. Not only did they fail, but they did so with Booker and Paul playing decently well. Cousins provides something of a counter to Ayton, and the Clippers role players have stepped up more than the Suns at this point. The Clips are dictating the tempo in the last couple of games and are asserting themselves better than the Suns. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

TBH, I won't be too sad to see the Clippers win without Kawhi, were that to happen. Imagine the locker room dynamic that would create for Kawhi if the Clippers make the Finals with him out? He sees himself as this top of the league talent, yet the Clippers are doing just as well, perhaps better, without him. In some vengeful way it almost feels good to see them play well with him mysteriously out of the post season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like this will be a series of adjustments and hot shooting

4:16 - 3rd
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    MIL 22 16 16 54
    ATL 25 26 23 74

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hard to buy into the Bucks winning it all takes when they have such a Jekyll and Hyde performance a lot. No excuse to be losing this badly when Trae young is out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that Giannis injury looked bad…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t even know he got hurt. SMH just another lucky break for the clippers of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That injury ruined the playoffs. Hawks will get their ass whooped by either Suns or Clippers. Another year of having a terrible boring Finals match up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid, incompetent commissioner AIDS Silver adding more regular season games this season instead of shortening it and losing a lot of star talent to injuries in the playoffs

But go keep fining the Spurs over some petty bull . Stupid mother er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver's body count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, maybe Bud comes back to San Antonio now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like this will be a series of adjustments and hot shooting

4:16 - 3rd
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    MIL 22 16 16 54
    ATL 25 26 23 74
    **Had just turned on the game, hadn't heard about the Giannis injury at the time. That definitely changes things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhhit i heard young was out and didnt bother watching. Wtf happend to giannis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhhit i heard young was out and didnt bother watching. Wtf happend to giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, this can convince the league to at least give up their insistence on keeping the play-in and just go back to the traditional playoffs next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, this can convince the league to at least give up their insistence on keeping the play-in and just go back to the traditional playoffs next season.
    Play-in wasn't the issue. The issue was cramming in a bubble, then starting a new season two months later and cramming sixty games in. And punishing teams for resting players.

Thread Information