Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Antetokounmpo came up playing point forward and grew 2 inches and put on around 50 pounds since being drafted, but at some point the fascination him/them/the media have with him and virtually everyone being as perimeter as possible is responsible for the stagnation and weaknesses in his game.

He's so caught up in trying to be Bryant, James or Durant, when he should have been more focused on trying to be a variation of O'Neal or Duncan. That's the result of the formers being so much more glorified though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Antetokounmpo came up playing point forward and grew 2 inches and put on around 50 pounds since being drafted, but at some point the fascination him/them/the media have with him and virtually everyone being as perimeter as possible is responsible for the stagnation and weaknesses in his game.

He's so caught up in trying to be Bryant, James or Durant, when he should have been more focused on trying to be a variation of O'Neal or Duncan. That's the result of the formers being so much more glorified though.
    Why? It was a must to evolve his game the way it evolved. He just needs better teammates because the truth of the matter that is that although he’s not Kevin Durant, or Kawhi Leonard offensively he’s much more dominant than then them in terms of driving to the rim and forcing the help. You see how Toronto had to defend the bucks just so he had the chance to win.

He doesn’t need to be O’Neal or Duncan. His dominant ability to attack the rim is perfectly suited for the layup or 3 pt era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And crap he had an amazing game. Beta was just better. It happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? It was a must to evolve his game the way it evolved. He just needs better teammates because the truth of the matter that is that although he’s not Kevin Durant, or Kawhi Leonard offensively he’s much more dominant than then them in terms of driving to the rim and forcing the help. You see how Toronto had to defend the bucks just so he had the chance to win.

He doesn’t need to be O’Neal or Duncan. His dominant ability to attack the rim is perfectly suited for the layup or 3 pt era.
    I know, that's why I said a variation. Point is, his bread and butter should have been more so a low post game than a pull up shooting one, because while the former is conceivably attainable, the latter is never happening for him.

Except it gets stifled in every legit series they have to play. Broken down Griffin has been a more than passable primary defender in this series.

Even Embiid, who's got 3 inches and 30 pounds on him, doesn't rely on straight bullying because he knows there's a limit to it.
    Last edited by TD 21; 06-15-2021 at 11:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, that's why I said a variation. Point is, his bread and butter should have been more so a low post game than a pull up shooting one, because while the former is conceivably attainable, the latter is never happening for him.

Except it gets stifled in every legit series they have to play. Broken down Griffin has been a more than passable primary defender in this series.

Even Embiid, who's got 3 inches and 30 pounds on him, doesn't rely on straight bullying because he knows there's a limit to it.
    Giannis is a low skill player. He doesn’t possess the skills to become a dominant post player. He needs a fadeaway, a quick spin, a hook shot to be a dominant post player.. They tried this early in his career, he’s atrocious. The way he plays now was the only viable evolution to his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis shot 14-22 tonight for 34 points, and 14-26 for 34 points last game. Saying he's not playing well is kinda like saying a guy who bats .380 isn't a very good hitter because he couldn't match Ted Williams' .406.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul out indefinitely due to COVID. He didn’t get vaccinated?

What a joke of a path for Kawhi to get to the Finals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul out indefinitely due to COVID. He didn’t get vaccinated?

What a joke of a path for Kawhi to get to the Finals.
    Kawhi is done in this Jazz series. His knee finally quit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally some justice.

Nephew doesn't deserve any better. Hopefully he never recovers.

CP3 is just a moron. Finally gets a chance to make it to the finals and s it up. Can't blame anyone but himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is done in this Jazz series. His knee finally quit.
    not holding my breath

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz will have a clear path to the Finals and probably to its 1st ring. I don’t how much KD left to score 50 pts a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever is more healthy wins the finals. What a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No...stop...don't....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not holding my breath
    I don’t know. For all PAFTOs faults - I believe them when they said Kawhi is damaged goods. He over did it having to dig that team out of two 2-0 holes. He’s not built for that - he won’t play through pain of any kind.

KD is also playing way too many minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know. For all PAFTOs faults - I believe them when they said Kawhi is damaged goods. He over did it having to dig that team out of two 2-0 holes. He’s not built for that - he won’t play through pain of any kind.

As dumb as the Bucks are they can still win the series. KD had to score close to 50 just to get the win. I don't think he can do that again. Plus Harden looked like garbage out there. Not sure if Harden can even return to being decent in this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant finished Tuesday's game against the Bucks with 49 pts, 17 rebs & 10 ast. Damn!! 2 years after his achilles injury. His doctors said he’s fully recovered. I don’t know how much more his body can hold up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, even with Harden playing on one leg, it took Durant playing 48 minutes and dropping 49 for the Nets to scrape out a win.

Bucks definitely blew it, but that was an all-time performance by KD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz can't screw up now. They have to win game 5 just to give them a chance to win the series. Kawhi could still possible comeback that's why it's very important to win game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He really struggled going to the rim yesterday in crunch time
    Good zone D will do that
    And when he was able to drive they fouled him knowing well his FT shooting is ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz can't screw up now. They have to win game 5 just to give them a chance to win the series. Kawhi could still possible comeback that's why it's very important to win game 5.
    That's what we thought about the Bucks yesterday

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what we thought about the Bucks yesterday
    That's why I didn't guarantee the Jazz are going to win game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really struggled going to the rim yesterday in crunch time
    Good zone D will do that
    And when he was able to drive they fouled him knowing well his FT shooting is ass
    Duncan's range was always underrated.

Sure, the post was his bread and butter. But he could step out to about 18 feet if he needed to and shoot if he was left wide open. And of course, his classic bank shot which was not only effective, but also used to space defenders and open up lanes to the basket.

Giannis doesn't need to be Dirk. He just needs to be able to punish defenses that pack the paint every time he goes to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure, the post was his bread and butter. But he could step out to about 18 feet if he needed to and shoot if he was left wide open. And of course, his classic bank shot which was not only effective, but also used to space defenders and open up lanes to the basket.

Giannis doesn't need to be Dirk. He just needs to be able to punish defenses that pack the paint every time he goes to the rim.
    Agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed, Duncan had a decent midrange shot along with the bank shot that forced defenses to space the floor. I said this in another thread but I would like to see Giannis develop a bankshot along with a jump hook. Just having those 2 moves down would add a lot to his game. For example last night when Harden was on him he settled for an ugly fade away. If he had a jump hook he could have easily back down Harden and scored with the jump hook.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is a low skill player. He doesn’t possess the skills to become a dominant post player. He needs a fadeaway, a quick spin, a hook shot to be a dominant post player.. They tried this early in his career, he’s atrocious. The way he plays now was the only viable evolution to his game.
    I'd suggest that he should take a long look at some D-Rob film. They have very similar athletic packages.

Thread Information