Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1954
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be such an awful trade for Portland.
    IMO, any trade involving Lillard would have to have him going to a contender. Portland will want to do right by him. There’s very few playoff teams with assets like Philly, even if you say Simmons’ value is low right now, they could still be fooled by his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrific win for Atlanta. Doing this with 2 lottery picks in street clothes too.
    I've got Bucks in 5 but didn't pick Atl going into this series so who knows.

Not saying Tre Mann is in Dame or Trae's class (at least yet), but how does this not boost his stock at least a little.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-20-2021 at 10:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao wow. What an awful, awful thing to say as a coach.

Ben is gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao wow. What an awful, awful thing to say as a coach.

Ben is gone.
    That's a coach who doesn't care about preserving any trade value....just trying to cya

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons for Dame swap. I’m calling it.
    Set the sights lower... McCollum is probably to much for them to hope for now... think Porzingis or Kemba level...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quitters isn’t wrong but holy what an unprofessional got like always. One of my most hated coaches of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter clowning Ben hard tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Set the sights lower... McCollum is probably to much for them to hope for now... think Porzingis or Kemba level...
    fine, Eubanks for Simmons. Book it!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fine, Eubanks for Simmons. Book it!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Geez...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ben’s shameful performance is a slap in the face to Embiid if Embiid was truly playing with an injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As if this situation didn’t need more yikes

would hate to be in that locker room right now

edit: the tweet was deleted
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-21-2021 at 08:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said in the very start of this thread...Sixers were fake contenders, and always will be if they are expecting to be led by a point guard who refuses to shoot the ball.

5 points on 4 attempts in a Game 7? That's just pathetic. , at least Bryn Forbes isn't afraid to try to make his mark on the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a coach who doesn't care about preserving any trade value....just trying to cya
    , Doc should be next in line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , Doc should be next in line.
    Nah
    Doc's a record holder

https://hoopshype.com/2020/09/16/doc...s-lead-record/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said in the very start of this thread...Sixers were fake contenders, and always will be if they are expecting to be led by a point guard who refuses to shoot the ball.

5 points on 4 attempts in a Game 7? That's just pathetic. , at least Bryn Forbes isn't afraid to try to make his mark on the game.
    IMO, everyone is a fake contender unless they win it all or if they find themselves in the Conf Finals every year. We can argue that both the Lakers and the Heat last year were fake contenders since they were bounced in the first round this year.

I’ll repeat my mantra: a team that loses in the Finals is as close to a championship as the one that loses in the first round. Unless you’re a team known for consistency, things change so quick in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, everyone is a fake contender unless they win it all or if they find themselves in the Conf Finals every year. We can argue that both the Lakers and the Heat last year were fake contenders since they were bounced in the first round this year.

I’ll repeat my mantra: a team that loses in the Finals is as close to a championship as the one that loses in the first round. Unless you’re a team known for consistency, things change so quick in the NBA.
    Fair enough, but you also have to acknowledge patterns as they emerge.

Sixers since the end of the Process:

'18 - Lost in the Semis
    '19 - Lost in the Semis
    '20 - Swept in the first round
    '21 - Lost in the Semis

I think it's safe to say that once the Warriors have a healthy Steph/Klay/Green....they will be contenders.

Obviously, the Nets will be back next year once Kyrie/Harden/Durant are all healthy.

Lakers are still a good bet just with LeBron and Davis.

But the Sixers...they aren't winning a damn thing as currently constructed...but every year, casual fans and the media want to act like they are some force to be reckoned with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but you also have to acknowledge patterns as they emerge.

Sixers since the end of the Process:

'18 - Lost in the Semis
    '19 - Lost in the Semis
    '20 - Swept in the first round
    '21 - Lost in the Semis

I think it's safe to say that once the Warriors have a healthy Steph/Klay/Green....they will be contenders.

Obviously, the Nets will be back next year once Kyrie/Harden/Durant are all healthy.

Lakers are still a good bet just with LeBron and Davis.

But the Sixers...they aren't winning a damn thing as currently constructed...but every year, casual fans and the media want to act like they are some force to be reckoned with.
    Agreed.

Real contenders at the moment are (assuming injury-free):

Nuggets
    Nets
    Bucks (as flawed as they are, they’re relatively young and their stars are locked up for years to come. They could maintain their current level or improve)
    Warriors

I cant call the Suns true contenders yet. Paul could fall off the cliff at any moment due to his age and he’s a big part of their success. If Paul isn’t the same, they won’t reach this level next year. All assuming Devin Book doesn’t go Jordan from here or they won’t find a replacement Point guard who can be the general for the team.

Lakers are shaky, and IMO it’s all downhill from here for them.

so four, maybe five, real contenders right now.

everyone else is on the same playing field. Anyone can catapult themselves or drop like a rock this offseason. It’s all up to what they do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed.

Real contenders at the moment are (assuming injury-free):

Nuggets
    Nets
    Bucks (as flawed as they are, they’re relatively young and their stars are locked up for years to come. They could maintain their current level or improve)
    Warriors

Clippers, Nets, Lakers, Bucks.

Lakers will face an uphill battle, but despite seeming lack of assets/flexibility needed to improve, I wouldn't bet against the combination of Lakers mystique/James and to a lesser extent Davis's ability to recruit.

Nuggets will have to wait another season, since Murray's torn ACL happened so late that it'll prevent him being 100%, if he returns at all.

Suns are close, but as you alluded to, Paul's age/health/size combination is a concern as is the lack of an obvious star replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly has the center piece and if you have that you always have a chance. Lets not forget who their GM is. He's not afraid to make whatever moves are necessary to make them a contenter. He will pursue every free agent available and every possible trade.
    If Embiid is healthy(big if) they will be a contenting team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly has the center piece and if you have that you always have a chance. Lets not forget who their GM is. He's not afraid to make whatever moves are necessary to make them a contenter. He will pursue every free agent available and every possible trade.
    If Embiid is healthy(big if) they will be a contenting team.
    Embiid is a great player...kinda feel bad for him actually. He does give them a punchers chance, but that FO has completely mismanaged everything around him.

It's crazy to think that for all those years of tanking, the Sixers FO whiffed on Okafor, whiffed on Fultz, and now its looking like they wiffed on Simmons.

They keep re-tooling every year to try to build a contender, but ran off Butler so they could double-down on Simmons...and now he has a huge contract which is going to cost them one way or the other. They will have to either pay to trade him, or have a $30M-$40M player who you can't trust to finish games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers didn’t whiff on drafting Simmons. They whiffed on trading him before he continued to get worse. 2018-2019 could have had a boatload for him. Almost certainly could have had Kawhi or heck, traded him to move in to grab Luka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid is a great player...kinda feel bad for him actually. He does give them a punchers chance, but that FO has completely mismanaged everything around him.

It's crazy to think that for all those years of tanking, the Sixers FO whiffed on Okafor, whiffed on Fultz, and now its looking like they wiffed on Simmons.

They keep re-tooling every year to try to build a contender, but ran off Butler so they could double-down on Simmons...and now he has a huge contract which is going to cost them one way or the other. They will have to either pay to trade him, or have a $30M-$40M player who you can't trust to finish games.
    They didn't have Morey back then, now they do, and we know what he does from his Rockets years, he's an aggressive GM, he will go ham this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns guard with a bloody nose, hmmm, where have we seen that before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball gods bailing out the Clippers like usual

Thread Information