Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop might consider following Coach K's plan to announce he is retiring after the 2021-2022 season? That would give him the opportunity to have an emotional press conference followed by a season long retirement ceremony at each city the Spurs play in. Pre game ceremonies, speeches by hall of fame players, continuing coverage by ESPN, etc. I can definitely see this happening the narcissist that Pop is.
    Can't see that Pop would want that. He looked uncomfortable just having Tim recognize him in his HOF induction speech.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Carlisle out in Dallas. Hmm.....

Related, what the is going on in Dallas. Unrest in their front office, Donnie Nelson canned, reports of Luka being unhappy, longtime coach jumping ship...not a fun time for Mavs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is the last coach you'd want for developing young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Carlisle out in Dallas. Hmm.....

Related, what the is going on in Dallas. Unrest in their front office, Donnie Nelson canned, reports of Luka being unhappy, longtime coach jumping ship...not a fun time for Mavs fans.

Dallas has a GREAT future tho…..

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has a GREAT future tho…..
    better than the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better than the spurs
    Only because they have Luka. That would flip real fast if he were to leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He wont. He is set to sign a 5 year 200 million dollar extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wont. He is set to sign a 5 year 200 million dollar extension
    I mean, he could also grab the bag and then try to force his way out in a year or two. Seems to be the superstar mantra these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the mavs dont get him the right pieces and if they are a first round exit team for the next 3 years, then he'll want out. Right now i dont think he really cares who's the coach, but rather who he has to play with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the mavs dont get him the right pieces and if they are a first round exit team for the next 3 years, then he'll want out. Right now i dont think he really cares who's the coach, but rather who he has to play with.

this x1000000 and its not like cuban isnt going to get lukas input on the next hc

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he could also grab the bag and then try to force his way out in a year or two. Seems to be the superstar mantra these days.
    This. All the supermax does is force him to play nice for another year, maybe year and a half.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better than the spurs
    yeah the front office strive along with a meddling owner who pissed off his franchise player is such an upgrade over what the Spurs have right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the front office strive along with a meddling owner who pissed off his franchise player is such an upgrade over what the Spurs have right now.
    the mavs will probably get a good gm and a solid coach. Doncic is already a superstar. What the do the spurs have?? bunch of role players and a coach that is without Tim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to tank, no time to get cute, RC and Pop don't you dare go after Carlisle and continue this treadmilling . Get a top guy to build around first and then a coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isnt that exactly what happend when fo/pop/medical staff etc pissed off kawhi. Whats with the hipocracy here? All spurs have to show for it is demar ing derozan,yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt that exactly what happend when fo/pop/medical staff etc pissed off kawhi. Whats with the hipocracy here? All spurs have to show for it is demar ing derozan,yikes
    Uh, no. Our ownership has not been meddlesome since Red in the 1990s.

Nothing the Spurs could have done, or not done, would have kept Kawhi in SA. History bears this out. He walked away from a damn good Toronto team and a chance to defend a le, as well as $39M by not signing a Bird deal to defend that le. He was always going to LA. Anyone who tells you different is selling some sort of agenda.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The intent was clear.

“I need to be in LA to be closer to Derrick Fisher’s daughter who has cancer.” (That would have been hilarious).

But no matter what he did or didn’t say, he was LA bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mavs will probably get a good gm and a solid coach. Doncic is already a superstar. What the do the spurs have?? bunch of role players and a coach that is without Tim.
    Lol, that's not all the Mavs have. The Mavs have a big time disadvantage considering their turmoil: a ticking clock. Luka got too good, too quick, and they jumped the gun at getting him a #2 with Zingis (I can understand the trade but I wouldn't have made it given Kristaps' physical profile and the contract he'd have to be signed to). Now their superstar is pissed, and apparently played a part in getting his own HC sacked, their #2 shat the bed in the big stage and has a huge contract that no team wants, not to mention his injury history; they can't look for their Robin at the top of the draft since Luka, like Harden, is a floor-raiser kind of star and won't tolerate blatant tanking while he's there.

It's beginning to look mighty possible that Luka wants out in a year or two, and mighty improvable that the Mavs' FO can turn the team into a true contender in the short time they have with the pieces they do. I'm guessing they'll bank on getting Zingis a "full healthy off-season" and mostly run it back next season with whatever coach, then when they fall flat again, it'll get interesting. If there's one superstar in the league with the power to pull a "LeBron", it's absolutely Luka - and he's got the at ude for it, too.

Spurs, meanwhile, do lack the superstar, but have the much better supporting cast already in place and developing. If they were to tank the next two years, they perfectly could land that star and develop him naturally with a fleshed out, young team around him, no bad contracts hindering capspace, no picks owed to other teams, etc. But of course, if you're consistently looking at the Spurs' half empty part of the glass, and other teams' filled half, you're never gonna see this perspective.

It's about time to bump that "Spurs have the worst future..." thread, for good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, that's not all the Mavs have. The Mavs have a big time disadvantage considering their turmoil: a ticking clock. Luka got too good, too quick, and they jumped the gun at getting him a #2 with Zingis (I can understand the trade but I wouldn't have made it given Kristaps' physical profile and the contract he'd have to be signed to). Now their superstar is pissed, and apparently played a part in getting his own HC sacked, their #2 shat the bed in the big stage and has a huge contract that no team wants, not to mention his injury history; they can't look for their Robin at the top of the draft since Luka, like Harden, is a floor-raiser kind of star and won't tolerate blatant tanking while he's there.

It's beginning to look mighty possible that Luka wants out in a year or two, and mighty improvable that the Mavs' FO can turn the team into a true contender in the short time they have with the pieces they do. I'm guessing they'll bank on getting Zingis a "full healthy off-season" and mostly run it back next season with whatever coach, then when they fall flat again, it'll get interesting. If there's one superstar in the league with the power to pull a "LeBron", it's absolutely Luka - and he's got the at ude for it, too.

Spurs, meanwhile, do lack the superstar, but have the much better supporting cast already in place and developing. If they were to tank the next two years, they perfectly could land that star and develop him naturally with a fleshed out, young team around him, no bad contracts hindering capspace, no picks owed to other teams, etc. But of course, if you're consistently looking at the Spurs' half empty part of the glass, and other teams' filled half, you're never gonna see this perspective.

It's about time to bump that "Spurs have the worst future..." thread, for good
    in watching the playoffs, i've noticed that a lot of teams have really awful supporting casts to help their superstar whereas the spurs have a solid supporting cast but no superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Grandpa be a squatter so long that New Orleans picks the 1st woman coach?

Some talk the assistant has a real shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Grandpa be a squatter so long that New Orleans picks the 1st woman coach?

Some talk the assistant has a real shot.
    If it’s offered, she should take it. Any assistant who’s never been a HC should take an offer, even if it’s not the best gig. Every HC job is a countdown to being fired. Get the experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s offered, she should take it. Any assistant who’s never been a HC should take an offer, even if it’s not the best gig. Every HC job is a countdown to being fired. Get the experience.
    The current New Orleans female assistant is the talk. Meaning Becky would not be the 1st. Unless Grandpa is leaving as mospur received intell that heavily points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is absolute and Luka SHOULD leave them if this is what he’s going to be surrounded by. Also it would be nice if Luka left bc he’s just really damn good and I don’t want him in our division

Spurs are missing quite a bit where a superstar doesn’t fix our issues. Yeah we make the playoffs with a Luka/Jokic etc but we have a lot of pieces that don’t fit well and honestly I don’t see us being any better than this years Denver which is good for a second round sweep.

We need a clear number 2 player that goes along with our role players. Ironically the Mavs May have shown us the way to contention but they just ed it up. Draft a superstar (duh) and then trade the farm (picks wise) for a #2 player that is disgruntled and hopefully keep a Derick White and that would be a solid 3 player/creator

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is absolute and Luka SHOULD leave them if this is what he’s going to be surrounded by. Also it would be nice if Luka left bc he’s just really damn good and I don’t want him in our division

Spurs are missing quite a bit where a superstar doesn’t fix our issues. Yeah we make the playoffs with a Luka/Jokic etc but we have a lot of pieces that don’t fit well and honestly I don’t see us being any better than this years Denver which is good for a second round sweep.

We need a clear number 2 player that goes along with our role players. Ironically the Mavs May have shown us the way to contention but they just ed it up. Draft a superstar (duh) and then trade the farm (picks wise) for a #2 player that is disgruntled and hopefully keep a Derick White and that would be a solid 3 player/creator
    That actually is a great strategy like you said in theory. It just blew up in the Mavs face because Porzingis wasn't that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are allot of good coaches out there now, if Pop doesn't announce what his plans are soon its kind of like he would be holding the franchise hostage

Thread Information