View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Kispert

0 0%
  • Josh Giddey

17 16.04%
  • Alperen Sengun

18 16.98%
  • Kai Jones

14 13.21%
  • Franz Wagner

23 21.70%
  • Moses Moody

22 20.75%
  • James Bouknight

4 3.77%
  • Jalen Johnson

4 3.77%
  • Usman Garuba

2 1.89%
  • Keon Johnson

2 1.89%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Wagner will drop, as lottery teams are hunting for stars, and will be there for San Antonio. He's also a guy who is likely to stick and not agitate to go to LA or whatever.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun Giddey Bouknight Moody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever is the next Duncan.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the knock on Kai Jones?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the knock on Kai Jones?
    The same with Precious last year: he tried to play like a wing/ stretch big in college like Precious but he's clearly a rim running big in the NBA. If he does play stretch big in spotty minutes, he'll be a homeless man's version of Kelly Oubre... No feel, and just crazy inefficient because he's a bad-to-streaky shooter at best. Kai has his fans since he's taller and younger so it's fun to imagine wild things about his future.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-27-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going with the Texas connection with Kai Jones.

Kid definitely needs to refine his game, but at 6'11 and a 7'1 wingspan, he has size and athleticism and knows how to run. Guys can learn to play basketball better, but you can't teach size.

Has a decent shooting touch and enough range to be a stretch 4, would need to put on some weight to be a true 5.

Remains to be seen if Dieng sticks around, but either way....the Spurs need some shooting, some help in the post, and need to stop pretending like guys like DeMar and KJ are true power forwards.
    This is exactly who I want. But if we can't get him I would be happy with Isaiah Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones, Sengun, Garuba, Wagner, Giddey, in that order....Kai Jones wasnt used nearly enough at Texas. He only took about 5 shots a game, he was clearly their best player. he can
    be a scary good 2way player. Not sure he will be there at 12, thats my favorite prospect so far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly who I want. But if we can't get him I would be happy with Isaiah Jackson.
    Jackson is an interesting player with his physical tools and motor. I don’t know how much he will be able to impact the game offensively at the next level, but his potential as a free safety type guy in the middle is interesting.

he’s a reach at 12. End of first round talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones, Sengun, Garuba, Wagner, Giddey, in that order....Kai Jones wasnt used nearly enough at Texas. He only took about 5 shots a game, he was clearly their best player. he can
    be a scary good 2way player. Not sure he will be there at 12, thats my favorite prospect so far...
    Im trying to watch film of Garuba and see a future for him but it’s not there for me yet.

His footwork on offense is so clunky, I have doubts he will ever be able to contribute anything meaningful as an nba player. He looks like he’s tripping over himself when he has to create.

It’s not like Kawhi who had a rough jumper but had the ability to put his back to the basket and finish in the paint. This dude has none of that and a fraction of the defensive upside.

Garuba is the most sure fire bust pick in this draft. But i did think the same of Sengun earlier this year and have come around a bit on him as I’ve studied him more and tried to see what his niche could be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im trying to watch film of Garuba and see a future for him but it’s not there for me yet.

His footwork on offense is so clunky, I have doubts he will ever be able to contribute anything meaningful as an nba player. He looks like he’s tripping over himself when he has to create.

It’s not like Kawhi who had a rough jumper but had the ability to put his back to the basket and finish in the paint. This dude has none of that and a fraction of the defensive upside.

Garuba is the most sure fire bust pick in this draft. But i did think the same of Sengun earlier this year and have come around a bit on him as I’ve studied him more and tried to see what his niche could be
    Sengün is basketball player. Garuba is a jumping Jack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now at our pick I think Wagner is the safest pick and a guy that barring injuries should hang in the league for 10 plus seasons.

he could maybe turn into a really good player if he can get better at shooting from 3. His form doesn’t look too bad so it’s definitely possible that could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say I’m a big fan of what Segun is doing in his league at his age though. I really am curious to see his measurements at the combine. I’m pretty sure he isn’t going to do the athletic portion if he does even show up at the combine but if he did do that portion that would be very interesting to look at also.

Giddey is also kinda interesting to me at our pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kid definitely needs to refine his game, but at 6'11 and a 7'1 wingspan, he has size and athleticism and knows how to run. Guys can learn to play basketball better, but you can't teach size.

Has a decent shooting touch and enough range to be a stretch 4, would need to put on some weight to be a true 5.

Remains to be seen if Dieng sticks around, but either way....the Spurs need some shooting, some help in the post, and need to stop pretending like guys like DeMar and KJ are true power forwards.
    I endorse this endorsement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you like Kai then understand he is a project probably take longer then Luka so 3-4 years before you would see a return

1. Moody upgrade at SG
    2. Sengun extremely smart player great fundamentals need to see his measurable in Draft combine
    3. Giddey same as Sengun
    4. Franz same as Giddey and Sengun
    5. Bouknight if they thinking of moving from Walker this makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now, pre-combine, my wish list is:

1) Moses Moody
    2) Usman Garuba
    3) Corey Kispert
    4) Josh Giddey
    5) Alperen Sengun

wild card: Jalen Johnson (if he starts to fall on draft day)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouknight
    Barnes
    Moody
    Mann
    Wagner

Not really taking into account the current roster configuration. I'm hoping the Spurs move a couple guys including breaking up our current guard rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouknight
    Barnes
    Moody
    Mann
    Wagner

Not really taking into account the current roster configuration. I'm hoping the Spurs move a couple guys including breaking up our current guard rotation.
    Barnes would be in my top 5 but I just don't think he'll be there at 12 so I didn't include him. It's also why I didn't include Wagner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte - you've sold me on wagner, but surely, if Sengun is still on the board, he's the better player for the spurs, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte - you've sold me on wagner, but surely, if Sengun is still on the board, he's the better player for the spurs, right?
    Sengun's skill level and feel for the game can't be ignored, but it's hard for me to get past his potential limitations as a full-time C. If he can be a little more versatile than that, I can buy him being a better player than Wagner. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if he was drafted with Wagner there.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, most of his shots are dunks and he isn't going to get those in the NBA like he did in college. Also lacks explosiveness for the NBA's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, most of his shots are dunks and he isn't going to get those in the NBA like he did in college. Also lacks explosiveness for the NBA's game.
    He can shoot.

He doesn't shoot a lot, but last season he shot 38% on 1.2 attempts per game. He needs to pump those numbers up, but he can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one shot per game. 38% on those many attempts isn't special. In fact, that's when you rely on watching if his form is good and consistent. It isnt.

Guess I need to make a video to prove it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Wagner will drop, as lottery teams are hunting for stars, and will be there for San Antonio. He's also a guy who is likely to stick and not agitate to go to LA or whatever.
    Too slow for the nba. Good college game going to the basket, not going to be easy in the nba. Looks weak

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can shoot.

He doesn't shoot a lot, but last season he shot 38% on 1.2 attempts per game. He needs to pump those numbers up, but he can shoot.
    That's bad as those numbers will fall even further in the more difficult NBA.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Moses Moody. looks like an NBA player, smooth shot and has quickness.

Thread Information