View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Kispert

0 0%
  • Josh Giddey

17 16.04%
  • Alperen Sengun

18 16.98%
  • Kai Jones

14 13.21%
  • Franz Wagner

23 21.70%
  • Moses Moody

22 20.75%
  • James Bouknight

4 3.77%
  • Jalen Johnson

4 3.77%
  • Usman Garuba

2 1.89%
  • Keon Johnson

2 1.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one shot per game. 38% on those many attempts isn't special. In fact, that's when you rely on watching if his form is good and consistent. It isnt.

Guess I need to make a video to prove it.
    That's bad as those numbers will fall even further in the more difficult NBA.
    Lots of players come in with a "broken shot" and become a reliable shooters. Tony and Kawhi both managed to make it work.

Not saying Kai will ever be on that same level...just saying he knows how to shoot a basketball. He's not a guy like Poeltl who seems afraid to take a legitimate jump shot even if he is 8 feet away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too slow for the nba. Good college game going to the basket, not going to be easy in the nba. Looks weak
    When I go to “Tankathon” to compare players there are only 2 stats I look at. They are WS/40 and BPM. I observed NBA stars tend to have high stats of those 2 in college. So far Kispert and Wagner have relatively high score of those two including Butler and Duarte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Jalen Johnson could be a good prospect, too. He'd have to spend a couple of years developing, I think, but his raw abilities are there.

That "potential" is there. We loves us some potential.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner is going to be a bust. I’m calling that now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner is going to be a bust. I’m calling that now
    I could see him going that way, too, or being Mike Dunleavy Jr. pt 2 as a ceiling. I trust the Spurs to sniff out the right player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spent some time watching garuba and sengun videos this weekend, plan to watch some giddey and wagner tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are your thoughts on. Garuba and Sengun?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai's measurables are likely to be off the charts at the combine.

I'm not that big on measurables but many GMs are.

That's a big reason Kai probably won't be available at 12.

I think hes got the potential to be a similar player to christian woods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Mann

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Moody Kispert Kai Jones right now. I’m down on Sengun watching these playoffs. Giddey might be a liability with his defense and shooting. I hope Moody is more like 6’7” 6’8”. Murray Vassel Moody Johnson starting lineup would be sexy. Let’s have Kispert shoot 10 3s a game off the bench. Spurs could develop Kai Jones to play like Siakam. Samanic and Kai Jones would be a solid pairing. Wagner would be fourth but he makes me nervous because he doesn’t seem to have much iso potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are your thoughts on. Garuba and Sengun?
    Garuba has a great wingspan and he really can stay in front of his man, moves well laterally and is a solid rim protector. One thing I can see that he would instantly help the spurs with is rebounding. He's ferocious on the boards. Offensively, I think he has potential because his free throw form is not all that bad despite his inconsistency at the line - and he can hit the three from time to time. Still, his offense is mostly dunks and layups-and his passing, which is surprisingly good. He's a good athlete but I'd love to know what his vertical is at. I would rather have Garuba than Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson.

Sengun is the exact opposite. Solid on the offensive side of the ball, with the potential to become a solid three point shooter because he's a good free-throw shooter and can hit the three, but he has a strange shot so he'd need some time with Chip. He has great footwork in the paint and gets to the line a lot. He's nowhere near as athletic as Garuba (or the physical specimen) but this shows up more on the defensive side. I also think Garuba is the better passer.

Also, I think Garuba would be able to contribute more minutes right away. And his level of compe ion, playing in the Euro League, is clearly better than the level of compe ion Sengun has faced.

As a fan, I know the Spurs need offense but Garuba can really help the Spurs when one considers just how many points in the paint the Spurs gace up last season. Garuba would really help the team in two areas where the team suffered too often-rebounding and rim protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba has a great wingspan and he really can stay in front of his man, moves well laterally and is a solid rim protector. One thing I can see that he would instantly help the spurs with is rebounding. He's ferocious on the boards. Offensively, I think he has potential because his free throw form is not all that bad despite his inconsistency at the line - and he can hit the three from time to time. Still, his offense is mostly dunks and layups-and his passing, which is surprisingly good. He's a good athlete but I'd love to know what his vertical is at. I would rather have Garuba than Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson.

Sengun is the exact opposite. Solid on the offensive side of the ball, with the potential to become a solid three point shooter because he's a good free-throw shooter and can hit the three, but he has a strange shot so he'd need some time with Chip. He has great footwork in the paint and gets to the line a lot. He's nowhere near as athletic as Garuba (or the physical specimen) but this shows up more on the defensive side. I also think Garuba is the better passer.

Also, I think Garuba would be able to contribute more minutes right away. And his level of compe ion, playing in the Euro League, is clearly better than the level of compe ion Sengun has faced.

As a fan, I know the Spurs need offense but Garuba can really help the Spurs when one considers just how many points in the paint the Spurs gace up last season. Garuba would really help the team in two areas where the team suffered too often-rebounding and rim protection.
    I like Garuba too. More than most seem to do anyway. I've watched him a few times during the season and my observations are similar to yours. That said, everything you've described about his game projects as a small ball center type and I'm afraid this would end up being his NBA position, which would greatly undermine his value. If he could develop his offensive skills enough to survive as a 4, while bringing that nasty defense, he'd be well worth a mid-late lottery pick, with an outside chance to develop into a Siakam type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Garuba too. More than most seem to do anyway. I've watched him a few times during the season and my observations are similar to yours. That said, everything you've described about his game projects as a small ball center type and I'm afraid this would end up being his NBA position, which would greatly undermine his value. If he could develop his offensive skills enough to survive as a 4, while bringing that nasty defense, he'd be well worth a mid-late lottery pick, with an outside chance to develop into a Siakam type.
    exactly. that's the risk/reward with garuba. can he develop his offense? because he'd be great defensively, and very versatile. he hasn't grown any over the last two years so i think, at 19, he's done growing. of course, that wingspan helps.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth with Garuba. He’s done well in Spain at a young age. Has some feel for the game, but not a huge amount. Great defender. Isn’t soft. Rises to the challenge in big games, it seems. He is the perfect size for the modern NBA. He even speaks Spanish!

But his offense. That’s the rub. I agree that I prefer him to Kai or Jackson. I think if the team had better shooters and passers, then I would feel better about taking him at 12. He seems like a player we could use in two years but have other more important pieces to figure out first. Because I don’t see him as a star. You’re banking on 3 and (crazy) D.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Garuba playing in this playoffs at 19. 6-8 230 with good defensive instinct and switchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think hes got the potential to be a similar player to christian woods.
    I’m getting the same vibes. I hope they are not wrong and pass up on him. Kai has great motors, athleticism off the roof and can hit the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what they will do with Demar, but Wagner, Giddey and Moody could all fill that spot, especially if Rudy decided to leave as well. But I see Kai Jones with the biggest upside as a freak athlete who can potentially shoot outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what they will do with Demar, but Wagner, Giddey and Moody could all fill that spot, especially if Rudy decided to leave as well. But I see Kai Jones with the biggest upside as a freak athlete who can potentially shoot outside.
    Do people not see what’s going on with Giannis? If Kai’s best case scenario is that, what makes anyone want to build around such a flawed archetype? This is going off the 1/100,000,000th chance that he even reaches half the player Giannis is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people not see what’s going on with Giannis? If Kai’s best case scenario is that, what makes anyone want to build around such a flawed archetype? This is going off the 1/100,000,000th chance that he even reaches half the player Giannis is.
    He doesn’t need to be Giannis. If Kai is anything close to Christian Wood, then we found our future starting C, again I’m not onboard with Poeltl. Kai is a modern big who is more what Spurs need right now. While Wagner, Giddey fills Demar spot. Devin would be playing some SG with Patty potentially leaving. I’m just saying it would defend what they do with the expiring contracts or vice-versa how that would affect who they draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic, so you think Giannis is not capable of winning a ring. LeBron didn’t have outside shot until recently. His 3 rings, he didn’t have consistent outside shot. I admit he needed a Wade, Kyrie (I think was the Finals MVP) and Davis. But that’s what probably Giannis is missing. Middleton is not Kyrie, Wade or Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to Garuba. Defensively I think he can guard small forwards. But you couldn’t ever play him alongside Yak. But a front court of Dieng, Luka, and Garuba? Defensively, that’s interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to Garuba. Defensively I think he can guard small forwards. But you couldn’t ever play him alongside Yak. But a front court of Dieng, Luka, and Garuba? Defensively, that’s interesting.
    Because Demar and Jakob are the odd-men and keeping the Spurs from playing modern NBA ball. I hope they address that this off season at the FA and draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice post

i was thinking the same about a Garuba Jakob lineup but the way garuba was hitting some threes at the end of the season (2 attempts per game with a 34% on the season that's pretty good imo), i think you could play them together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Demar and Jakob are the odd-men and keeping the Spurs from playing modern NBA ball. I hope they address that this off season at the FA and draft.
    Sure. I don’t know if Garuba plays a modern brand, but his defensive versatility could allow us to play a brutal defensive lineup. Those three plus DJ/White/Vassell? Yes, huge problems on offense most likely but could be impressive on D. And actually, though a lottery team most likely, could still be better than this year. Anyway. Just random thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm still torn on garuba but what keeps bringing me back to him is that he really could be a defensive gem, especially if on the court with derrick and dj at the same time. and he could play immediately.

Thread Information