Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ghost Writer
    Chump and Archie, I must've missed you suggestions for starting center.

Archie
    Yeah Ghost, I must've missed the last time you said the Spurs should run off a superstar who showed the slightest bit of interest in playing in SA. You change your mind more than a .

ChumpDumper
    I'd think more along the lines of Washington for a S&T partner for a big. There would be no controversey at all with the other PGs there.

Ghost Writer
    Huh?

I don't want Kidd here if it means letting Payton and Malone play for the Lakers.

What's so unacceptable about that?

Tell me again the story about Kidd and Mourning playing for us next year... or "Plan D" — PJ Brown and Payton, pal.

Archie
    BULL .

You don't want Kidd here at all.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    Hey ChumpAss,

Were you too busy jerking off to your JKidd poster to be around and reading the site leading up to the draft.

Jerry West had Pau on the block, rumor is the guy still is. Yeah, they have a few points (all suck), but also a lot of inside players. Jerry obviously has a reason for putting Pau on the block. I'm sure he'd rather have Earl Watson or White Chocolate turning it over in the backcourt as opposed to having a great young point like Parker.

Have a nice day.

AHF

ChumpDumper
    AHF, I never wanted Kidd, so you'll have to change your fantasies about me. And I was in Vegas before the draft--forgive me if my life doesn't revolve around the rumors you guys regurgitate.

You assume that West is such a fool that he will take on 5 point guards--I don't care if they suck--they are all under contract--for Gasol.

I don't think the guy who traded Divac for Kobe would do that.

Would you?

Question.

adidas11
    Whott, I agreed with you about Parker not being thrilled with the prospect of Kidd coming to San Antonio, and how RC might be trying to hide that fact. But I ONLY agreed on that point. The rest of your argument was poor.

Ghost Writer
    I don't want Kidd unless Parker is traded for a a starting quality center. Period.

Archie
    Oh so now you want Kidd.

Ghost Writer
    I woulkd take Kidd if other moves were made. I do not want a Parker/Kidd backcourt. I want a starting center first and foremost.

Archie
    Oh so now there are conditions. Be a man. Take a stand. Stop being scurred.

adidas11
    Quote :"Oh so now there are conditions. Be a man. Take a stand. Stop being scurred."

Funny. I thought Ghost had always maintained that position. I guess I was wrong.

And what is "scurred" ?

Archie
    Funny, I thought Ghost could at least misrepresent his views without help.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    Well Chump,

I guess it's too hard to fathom he could trade another one of the points away in another trade, or - he could package one of them there.

Wesley is more of a combo guard, Watson and Brevin Knight are always hurt, and if I remember right Knight, Watson, and Person all come off the books next year.

Forgive me to think he'd be looking to the future.

AHF

Archie
    Then call up Riles in Miami.

ChumpDumper
    So AHF does think the logo would trade Gasol for Parker and carry at least 4 point guards on the payroll (Person is not counted).

Fine.

Forgive me for thinking West wanted to trade Gasol for a lotto pick who plays a frontcourt position.

Ghost Writer
    I did always have that view. I'm not like the homers here who would veto any deal involving Parker and I certainly respect a talent of Kidd's level.

I'm one of the few who have advocated trading Parker to make room for Kidd.

But again, it's all in an effort to get a starting center and a star.

It would be so much easier to kill two birds with one stone and get the star/center in one player like Brand or O'Neal.

Archie
    Perhaps the Spurs could see if the Wiz are still interested in shipping out Haywood for Clax? I'd rather see them take a chance like that on a young big than make a long term mistake with Olowokandi.

ChumpDumper
    Haywood or Etan Thomas would be ok in that case.

I don't have a clue as to what Speedy's perceived market value is right now.

Archie
    I'm thinking MLE for 4 years at most. The motivation for a team doing a S&T with the Spurs is that they would still be able to use their MLE to acquire/retain other talent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    I think we could do better than Haywood (maybe get another player or draft pick out of it, I don't know).

Supposedly the Spurs vetoed that trade back in the early part of the year (Speedy for Haywood), Speedy's stock is much higher right now, exactly how high I don't know.

AHF

Ghost Writer
    What are your thoughts on Parker for Kwame instead?

Question.

P.S.

I don't know why the Wiz would want another backup PG like Claxton who shined in one Finals appearance after getting burned by Tyrone Lue.

Archie
    Cleveland has also reportedly contacted Claxton, in addition to a number of other teams.

Brown's an enigma at this point.

As for Memphis one name that hasn't come up yet is Duncan's bud Shane Battier.

Whottt
    Ok so let me get this straight...you guys have no problems letting Tony Parker go, you both brag about your willingness to do so in fact..and now you are both considering the merits of bringing Kwame Brown to our Spurs?

Have you guys ever considered offering the Lakers your scouting services? Please do it if you love the Spurs. Oh and pass the f'n pipe.

Thread Information