Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Whottt
    I am going with my gut instinct and think that Tony doesn't want Kidd to come here and probably does want to be traded if he is brought in.

I don't want Kidd over Parker and I think we will regret doing it..I don't think we need passing, I think we need scoring.

But, that's neither here nor there, if we sign Kidd, Parker has to be moved for the same reasons AD had to be moved.

Other reasons..Parker's trade value is very high right now, and we can get more for him if we trade him while we are under the cap..of course we still can't get that much for him or else we won't be able to sign the bricklaying messiah.

Trading draft picks to our rivals with the possibility of getting nothing in return during Duncan's prime...having huge ass cap space and signing a PG to replace the Admiral..I am not gonna try to understand it..I am just gonna go with it..

So who can we get for Tony? Who should we get for Tony?

My choice would be to see if we could trade him to Boston for Perkins and some other draft picks.

Or trade him to New Jersey for Kirstic and a #1 pick..

ZStomp
    I don't think they'll trade him. Who knows? Nothing is certain. But remember Parkers' value (as far as money goes--remember the salaries have to match) isn't high.

MadeFromDust
    I am going with my gut instinct and think that Tony doesn't want Kidd to come here and probably does want to be traded if he is brought in.
    Yeah, why believe what Parker actually said when you can project your own ideas and feelings and attribute them to him?

Whottt
    Boy you Kidd lovers just want to **** everything up don't you?

Here's a clue for you #1. There's an article out now saying that Parker has told Pop he wants to be traded if Kidd is brought in.

#2. I have a pregame interview with Tony in which he says he is trying to do every thing to keep Kidd from coming here. I watched another interview with him earlier in the year in which he said similar things. Oh yeah I also have the common sense to know that that he probably doesn't want Kidd to come here since he is our starting PG and he probably didn't like the taste of playing the 2 that he got in the finals. Tony's not stupid.

So it's stupid to sign someone and keep him on the roster if he doesn't want to be here..we are gonna have enough problems in repeating trying to overcome Kidd's ty shooting
    and a scrub replacement for DROB.

You guys want everyone to check their intelligence at the door so you can satisfy your superstar fetish. Sorry I refuse.

I am just trying to make the best of a bad situation and I do want to know what we can get for him.

Yeah we can't get much for him but we will get even less for him once we are over the cap.

Even if Tony doesn't want out(and he does) if Kidd is brought in, it still makes more sense to move him and get value for him.

You don't just let lottery level talent walk out the door for nothing, .

And if we don't get something for him while we are under the cap we likely never will be able to get anything for him.

I know resigning Speedy will cost more than Tony does..but that irrelevant, I don't want a cancer on the team when we are the defending champs, nor do I want to watch lottery talent walk away with the team getting nothing in return.

Whottt
    This excerpt is from a Johnny Ludden article:

While team officials are expected to intensify their courtship of Kidd today, they also may have some work left on selling Tony Parker on the idea of adding another point guard to their backcourt.

Publicly, Parker has said he is open to playing with Kidd. But privately he has told others, including teammates, that he has some concerns about how the pairing would work and his future with the team.

Parker's agent, Marc Fleisher, has urged him to be more aggressive in expressing any concerns to Spurs officials, a league source said. But Parker, both the source and Spurs officials said, has yet to do so.

What you got to say now mouth?

MannyIsGod
    hey whott, since you didn't want to post the next paragraph, i'll do it for you

"Pop has talked to Tony continually throughout the process and as late as this afternoon," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said Sunday. "Their conversations have always been positive. Tony has said he thinks they would be great together."
    at least present the whole ing story man

www.mysanantonio.com/spor...lc=1022028

Whottt
    What do you guys expect them to say?

RC: Yeah Parker's pissed and wants out.

LOL boy could you imagine what the homer fans in SA would do to RC if they knew he was alienating Tony?

Tony: I hate Jason Kidd..

Yeah that's gonna go over real well with his teamates and public persona

Get real..here's what I know, I have seen Parker say he is trying to keep Kidd from coming here..even the spin doctors for the Spurs are saying Parker doesn't want it. I have seen another article where it is reported Parker has said he wants to be traded. I remember Parker's reported reaction to the Spurs trading for Speedy.

I see an excerpt in that article from Parker's agent..and I didn't even need to see that reported to know the Agent doesn't like the idea of Kidd coming here..He'd be the tiest agent in the world if he did like that idea. I have been using that Agent aspect in my arguments for weeks. I didn't need confirmation from the media on that.

You KiddWaggoners are in serious denial.

Funny thing is i am not even arguing about bringing Kidd in at this juncture..I just want to get something out of the deal.

You guys just want to stay in never never land and get royally ed..

What do you think Indy has been hearing? Why do you think they offered to trade Miller for Parker? (other than the obvious reason of blowing our cap so we can't go after O'Neal)

You guys are living in this candy ass fantasy land where everyone likes each other and no one has egos or career and financial ambitions...

Life just doesn't work that way.

Call me all the names you want but don't ask me to be stupid and ignore the oncoming train. I know better.

MannyIsGod
    can you make it one post without trying to come up with some idiotic new saying? KiddWagoners?

Ok, if not kidd then who?

And as far as TP goes, i've seen things for BOTH sides, yet, theonly quotes i get are those which say he is happy.

don't act like it should be common sense to know what he's thinking because its not.

RC and Pop are personal geniuses, if they say it can work, i believe it.

Whottt
    Actually what I am trying to do is get some ideas on what might happen if the bad rumors about Parker are true.

Like I asked..what can we get for him if he does want out? What's the best player to get or the best move to try to do?

I am just asking...I am not convinced Kidd is coming here..I stil don't think Kidd is gonna do it.

But if he does...and if these stories about Parker asking for a trade are true, what's the best we could get for him?

To my mind if Kidd comes here...even if Parker is initially ok with it..it's still probably a good idea to move him.

As for who's instinct or insider info is going to be right about what happens with Kidd and Parker, or how they will play together, or if the Spurs will repeat... when this all said and done..we'll just have to wait and see..

MannyIsGod
    if we move him, we probably have to move him for a young big or draft picks, because nothing else would work with his rookie contract.

Its a shame chicago drafted hienrich, or else I could see a deal with them.

Ghost Writer
    Tyson Chandler

NCaliSpurs
    Manny, you are in denial.

Until very recently, Parker's line has *ALWAYS* been that he wants to be PG for the Spurs next year.

If you chose not to pay attention (as many people here and SR haven't) because of your own wishes, then it is not my job or whott's job to disillusion you.

Truthsayer
    Why not relax, chill out, and let Pop and RC do their job?

Spurs just won a championship. Bask in the afterglow.

Lets see who walks into camp in October before we get into panic mode. Everything is going to be alright.

If we get Kidd and the Kidd/Parker backcourt doesn't work, then adjustments or trades will take place then. It would be premature to assume it wouldn't work.

And Kidd isn't even signed yet. Jermaine O'Neal is coming Wednesday.

If you want to worry about things beyond your control, then worry about what LA is doing with Payton and Malone. The Lakers are going to be a four headed monster if those two are signed.

We can enjoy speculating about all the possibilities, but why argue so vehemently as if our opinions are going to change the outcome.

Whottt
    LOL I like arguing about it. Can't you tell?

CrazyOne
    Relax, Whott... trust RC and Pop... everything will be alright... and here's some grape koolaid to help you relax... :wacko

Archie
    STFU Whottt.

CrazyOne
    Ok, the medication is kicking in... Whott, because of Tony's low salary, we're going to get the short end of any trade. Until his current contract runs out, any trade we make will be sending gold for pig iron.

Ghost Writer
    Tyson Chandler

Stromile Swift

Pau Gasol

Whottt
    Why not trade him to the Nets for Kristic and another draft pick or something?

We are most likely going to get a scrub big to replace DROB..I know we probably won't get a frontline bigman..but that doesn't mean we can't get one for the future that is now developing overseas.

Ghost I would love to get Chandler but it will be a cold day in before we get that kind of big for Parker.

ChumpDumper
    Tyson Chandler
    Stromile Swift
    Pau Gasol
    Too bad Chicago and Memphis have 3 and 4 point guards under contract respectively.

Fizzzar
    AK47

adidas11
    I'm going to side with Whott on this one.

Quit going by what RC says to the press. That's the company line. Of course they're not going to come out and say "well Tony Parker hates the idea of Jason Kidd coming to San Antonio". Quit thinking that all of the Spurs players are unselfish, and only care about winning and could give a whoot about playing time. Tony Parker is as confident and arrogant as the next NBA player. He wants to be in the game, with the ball in his hands, making decisions as the point guard. EVERY NBA player has an ego. Even Tony Parker.

Ghost Writer
    "Too bad Chicago and Memphis have 3 and 4 point guards under contract respectively." — Chump
    Yeah, but I thought Parker was the mecca of PGs, Chump.

Archie
    Yeah, the Second Coming should draw only the best, right?

Whottt
    Parker is the mecca of PG's, at least compared to theirs..it's just that most teams don't make trades or aquisitions for positions they have adequately filled if it is going to leave them with a gaping hole elsewhere in their lineup.

Thread Information