Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the reverse jinx bro
    No way those posters are reverse-jinxing it, my guy

But you're right, Clips definitely got this in the bag, winning next game for sure....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way those posters are reverse-jinxing it, my guy

But you're right, Clips definitely got this in the bag, winning next game for sure....
    The power of the reverse jinx is more powerful when it comes from genuine sources

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i could think of at the start yesterday - was -

no ing way pop would have played boban and porzy together - and the clippers would have blown pops team out while boban rotted on the bench

not even saying boban is the reason - but it changed the entire series after the clippers had gotten comfortable and assumed they KNEW how to beat the mavs and were just basically going with their game plan

until jim carey did some creative coaching

having two 7 footers in a zone was just disruptive enough

pop would have gone with mills/rudy while youngsters watched the mavs win the series...

hope he ing retires
    I actually thought about that last night how Pop wouldn't make the adjustment of playing Boban/Porzingis together if he was in Carlisle's situation.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Clippers dominate in game 7 this is gonna play out like 2014

I want to believe that but Paul George is such an overrated

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you also agree the refs hamstring Boban. Some of the calls against Boban were absolutely correct. But the double eye jab, that was some serious bull .
    Boban is being hit on arms, back or the head every time he gets under the rim. The refs just dont wanna call fouls, cause there is no way you can really stop him when he's under the rim, so they let defensive players hit him.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest Share of Field Goals Scored or Assisted by a Single Player in a Game, NBA History:

83.8% - Luka Doncic vs LAC, 6/2/21
    83.7% - John Stockton vs HOU, 1/3/89
    81.6% - Kevin Johnson vs DEN, 4/3/94
    81.3% - LeBron James vs GSW, 6/14/15
    80.6% - Allen Iverson vs NOH, 4/20/03

This was pretty much one of the greatest performances by an idividual in a playoffs game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know its not right but i love this dellas team ..
    Luka and boban ����

And yea clippers are way overrated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    put Kawhi od the mavs and they dont make the playoffs. Put Luka on Clippers and they're the same or even better. Luka is Dallas. Without him the only sure thing is that they are the worst team in the NBA. If Kawhi was in top form and still playing defense, then perhaps he'd be better, but as long as he's just a scorer he cant be better.

Mavericks OffRtg with Luka On Court: 124.7
    Mavericks OffRtg with Luka Off Court: 36.4
    That's a difference of 88.3 points per 100 possessions.

Anyway, i still think Clips win in 7, as Dallas just doesnt have enough fire power.
    I still think a healthy Kawhi is better because he plays defense while Luka doesn't. This kawhi doesn't look in good conditioning and it shows. You forget something else as well, while Luka is great he has a better coach than Kawhi at the moment. Carlisle is a lot better than Lue, its not even close. Healthy Kawhi with Dallas and Carlisle i think makes them even better than they are now, but Kawhi is a problematic player health wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban is being hit on arms, back or the head every time he gets under the rim. The refs just dont wanna call fouls, cause there is no way you can really stop him when he's under the rim, so they let defensive players hit him.
    Exactly. So the refs effectively f him out of a basket and award the other team. And/or f him out of foul shots and the opponent racking up fouls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of hearing about supposed defensive impact among perimeter players, who are mostly dependant on their big. All that matters is that you're a non liability and Doncic, though athletically limited, is at least big, strong and a very good defensive rebounder.

No matter how good a perimeter defender you are, the league has basically outlawed perimeter defense and between that and the spacing, all Doncic has to do is call up his preferred defender, play screen and if necessary re-screen to get the switch and go to work. And even if the initial defender fights over multiple times, because of those things and his skill level, he's still basically uncontainable when his step back 3 is falling anyway.

So the gap in impact between his superior offense (shot profile + play making) is greater than the gap between S bag's and his initial defense.

Thread Information