Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for the all genius that said that Forbes isn't even an NBA player after last season. Dude's on first and had a great season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it obvious he and Anderson are playing better under coaches that know what the they are doing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt Forbes was redundant to Patty. Both of them were/are overplayed by Pop but as bench, spread the floor sparkplugs they have a role in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. Many on this site have said it wasn't about Forbes and more about how Pop used him. (And to our team composition.) This makes more of a case to the ty GM we have and how Ole Man Pop-a- is as irrelevant as ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was always a fan of Forbes tbh, he shouldn’t have been playing over Lonnie like he was last year but we should have kept him and shipped out Patty imo

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Forbes Suckers gonna do some damage control?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it obvious he is playing better with a superstar and multiple other stars to draw attention and to hide him on the defensive end..
    True, well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A role player off the bench getting hot with an MVP on his team, is something that happens often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it obvious he and Anderson are playing better under coaches that know what the they are doing..
    How dare you be the voice of reason.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player like him needs to be on a good team in order to maximize his benefit and hide his weaknesses. Simply put, we didn’t have enough talent on the team to properly utilize/hide Forbes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about game 1 when Forbes had 5 pts, 0 for 3 from three (1 reb 0 ast 0 stl in 14 min)?

It's probably a lot less pressure to make threes in a 34 point blowout than in a tight 2 point win.

Actually I just looked at the play-by-play and Bryn hit his first shot when the Bucks were leading 21-10. But to give him some credit, he hit 5 of 6 shots in the first quarter for 14 points, so he definitely helped create that blowout early on.
    Last edited by Jsmythe; 05-24-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about game 1 when Forbes had 5 pts, 0 for 3 from three (1 reb 0 ast 0 stl in 14 min)?

It's probably a lot less pressure to make threes in a 34 point blowout than in a tight 2 point win.
    Did you even watch the game? He's part of the reason they had the big lead in the first place. Couldn't miss in the 1st half. 6 3s alone in 2 quarters I believe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even watch the game? He's part of the reason they had the big lead in the first place. Couldn't miss in the 1st half. 6 3s alone in 2 quarters I believe.
    Yeah I edited my original post, he did help create that blowout. I still don't miss him or Kyle Anderson for that matter. Bryn was too big a liability on defense and stole too many minutes away from other players who actually had a future with the Spurs. As for Kyle, he's better now, but remember he got a 4 year $37 million contract from the Grizzlies and in my opinion he underperformed until this year.

Could you imagine Forbes on the Spurs this year, taking minutes away from Lonnie Walker and Devin Vassell? Even if Lonnie and Devin don't pan out in the end, they have way more potential than Forbes who will always be the same player that he always was.
    Last edited by Jsmythe; 05-24-2021 at 10:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. Keep him away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t going to help us regardless with the personnel and team we have. It was best for both parties that he left.

Mills would look like how he did in 2014 if he was playing on an actual contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. Many on this site have said it wasn't about Forbes and more about how Pop used him. (And to our team composition.) This makes more of a case to the ty GM we have and how Ole Man Pop-a- is as irrelevant as ever.
    this

most of the players on our team are not being used correctly

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Forbes is there to shoot threes. We had him as a starter and primary/secondary ball-handler. Misusing players has been a hallmark of the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills would look like how he did in 2014 if he was playing on an actual contender

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He suits better there, he would be great for us if the other four on the floor were all from great to elite defenders and on the other end he's usually open thx to you know who. He could do some things for us here offensively but on the other end we couldn't hide him.
    Against the Nets even the Bucks won't be able to hide him, he's that bad defensively even if he tries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one of the worst players in the league last year and played starter minutes. Of course no one wanted that . Still don't, tbh. MIL is one of the few teams that can afford to play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horrible midget who can get hot ... he is not starting in Milwaukee and of course you play him a bit more when he is hot ... also easy to make your shots with a 20+ point lead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no regrets

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything less that 25 on efficient shooting can't possibly cover the fact that he is the worst defensive liability in the league.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt Forbes was redundant to Patty. Both of them were/are overplayed by Pop but as bench, spread the floor sparkplugs they have a role in the NBA.
    Hated this interchangeability being spouted when Forbes was here.

Unlike Mills, Forbes doesn't:

- Handle the ball
    - Make plays
    - Play defense even a little
    - Not foul three shooters
    - Be a leader on the floor
    - Wave towels on the bench

Thread Information