Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh many of the endings are slight variations of each other. but there are a few that are extremely different, including one (spoilers below)
    where all the reptiles end up becoming the dominant species instead of humans hahah

chrono cross is a very good video game, definitely worth playing

but it's important not to have the expectations that it's a sequel to Chrono trigger. its not really a direct sequel as opposed to another game simply in the same universe that occurs years after the events of CT, if that makes sense
    Damn just got the ending where Chrono's mom chases his cats into the portal in town after going through the Black Omen to beat Lavos in 1000AD. Guessing I get a different ending fighting Lavos in 1999AD, 600AD, or 12000BC.

By far my favorite lineup to use was Chrono + Marle (for healing) and Ayla (for using charm to steal ). LOL my NG+ though with half my team's speed and magic defense maxed out and like 65 mega elixirs.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-22-2021 at 05:44 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Damn just got the ending where Chrono's mom chases his cats into the portal in town after going through the Black Omen to beat Lavos in 1000AD. Guessing I get a different ending fighting Lavos in 1999AD, 600AD, or 12000BC.

By far my favorite lineup to use was Chrono + Marle (for healing) and Ayla (for using charm to steal ). LOL my NG+ though with half my team's speed and magic defense maxed out and like 65 mega elixirs.
    nice

yeah a lot of the best equipment in the game can be found on the black omen by charming the enemies and particularly zeal. also the wall panels, and a couple of the enemies give tabs.

and since you can actually do the black omen 3 times if you do it in the right order you can rack up quite a few tabs, gold studs for everyone and also a total of 3 prism helms and 3 prism dresses. so if you choose to also get 3 prism helms from melchior, then everyone except magus can have one (which works bc magus best helmet thats hidden in ozzies fort is actually better than the prism helmet) and all the girls can have prism dresses. maybe you already knew that lol

and also you dont have to fight lavos through the black omen, you can take a gate out and leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice

yeah a lot of the best equipment in the game can be found on the black omen by charming the enemies and particularly zeal. also the wall panels, and a couple of the enemies give tabs.

and since you can actually do the black omen 3 times if you do it in the right order you can rack up quite a few tabs, gold studs for everyone and also a total of 3 prism helms and 3 prism dresses. so if you choose to also get 3 prism helms from melchior, then everyone except magus can have one (which works bc magus best helmet thats hidden in ozzies fort is actually better than the prism helmet) and all the girls can have prism dresses. maybe you already knew that lol

and also you dont have to fight lavos through the black omen, you can take a gate out and leave
    Is Black Omen not going to show up again in 1000AD in NG+ or something? LOL I have like 10 speed tabs left over in my NG+ also.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    my personal favorite combo is chrono robo and ayla (lots of physical power, and robo is extremely versatile as he can heal, uzzi punch or electroshock), or chrono marle and lucca (antipode 3, flare and luminaire are all so devastating)

if you have an emulator and some patience, you should look into playing a hack, either Crimson Echoes or Flames of Eternity. CE was originally a major hack that was being done but as they were approaching completion they got a C&D letter and stopped. FoE is basically the same game but with a bit of refining and balancing (and they updated some of the music). play it on ZSNES emulator though, doesnt work well with others. its pretty fun and an interesting take on the aftermath of CT, but takes a lot of level grinding otherwise its absurdly difficult (or you can just use an exp cheat to bypass the need to grind, but even then its still pretty difficult).

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Is Black Omen not going to show up again in 1000AD in NG+ or something? LOL I have like 10 speed tabs left over in my NG+ also.
    even in your first playthrough, when the black omen appears, you can choose to face it in any era except 2300 (because lavos had already done his work by then)

so if you beat it in 12000 BC, then it will disappear in the other eras. but if you play it in 1000, then it will still be there in 600 and 12000. therefore you can actually go through it 3 times in a single playthough, regardless of NG+.

the main differences in NG+ is that 1) you keep almost all your equipment and items, levels/techs, and 2) that you can fight lavos at the beginning of the game by triggering the spark in the right portal of luccas machine in the millenial fairgrounds. if you beat him with just chrono i believe, then you get some special ending where you can walk around and talk to people to get a bunch of hidden notes from the games developers and stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even in your first playthrough, when the black omen appears, you can choose to face it in any era except 2300 (because lavos had already done his work by then)

so if you beat it in 12000 BC, then it will disappear in the other eras. but if you play it in 1000, then it will still be there in 600 and 12000. therefore you can actually go through it 3 times in a single playthough, regardless of NG+.

the main differences in NG+ is that 1) you keep almost all your equipment and items, levels/techs, and 2) that you can fight lavos at the beginning of the game by triggering the spark in the right portal of luccas machine in the millenial fairgrounds. if you beat him with just chrono i believe, then you get some special ending where you can walk around and talk to people to get a bunch of hidden notes from the games developers and stuff
    Are you talking about being able to say go in Black Omen in 1000AD and beat Queen Zeal but run from Lavos, go to 600AD and do the same, and then go beat Queen Zeal + Lavos in 12000BC? After I cleared the Black Omen and beat Queen Zeal and Lavos in 1000AD I just got an ending cutscene and then a 'The End' screen that didn't respond to button inputs after the credits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my personal favorite combo is chrono robo and ayla (lots of physical power, and robo is extremely versatile as he can heal, uzzi punch or electroshock), or chrono marle and lucca (antipode 3, flare and luminaire are all so devastating)

if you have an emulator and some patience, you should look into playing a hack, either Crimson Echoes or Flames of Eternity. CE was originally a major hack that was being done but as they were approaching completion they got a C&D letter and stopped. FoE is basically the same game but with a bit of refining and balancing (and they updated some of the music). play it on ZSNES emulator though, doesnt work well with others. its pretty fun and an interesting take on the aftermath of CT, but takes a lot of level grinding otherwise its absurdly difficult (or you can just use an exp cheat to bypass the need to grind, but even then its still pretty difficult).
    When I played this in 95 I think my preferred team was Chrono + Robo + Frog. On second thought it's not so much the healing I like out of Marle, it's the ability to cast haste and then have Chrono devour enemies with luminare and confuse. And cast haste on Ayla for repeated uses of triple kick after charming good items out.

I'll have to check the romhacks at some point. Still got more to do with the base game. Will probably return to it later though, as I'm dying to play Dragon Quest XI S, Yakuza 5, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and TLOU Part II, especially with all of them other than Yakuza 5 having PS5 patches.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Are you talking about being able to say go in Black Omen in 1000AD and beat Queen Zeal but run from Lavos, go to 600AD and do the same, and then go beat Queen Zeal + Lavos in 12000BC? After I cleared the Black Omen and beat Queen Zeal and Lavos in 1000AD I just got an ending cutscene and then a 'The End' screen that didn't respond to button inputs after the credits.
    yeah basically. although even in 12000 you dont have to fight lavos at the end of the black omen either. every time you enter into his s , you can take a gate out of him, and end up at the end of time, then fight him either through the bucket, or by going to 1999 and crashing epoch into him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah basically. although even in 12000 you dont have to fight lavos at the end of the black omen either. every time you enter into his s , you can take a gate out of him, and end up at the end of time, then fight him either through the bucket, or by going to 1999 and crashing epoch into him
    , forgot about that gate once you get in his s even though I just killed Lavos a few hours ago

Thankfully I kept a savefile from Black Omen in 1000AD I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I was just playing the NG+ when Lucca teleported me at the fair and saw something shining on the right portal and thought it was a speed tab or something, clicked it, and ended up in a solo fight against Lavos by accident. Actually made pretty quick work of it though by equipping the speed helmet or haste helmet (whichever one puts you permanently in haste) and after killing Lavos the game had me passed out on the ground at the end of time. This must be a cool ending but I kind of want to watch the WCF now so I put it in a save state.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    , I was just playing the NG+ when Lucca teleported me at the fair and saw something shining on the right portal and thought it was a speed tab or something, clicked it, and ended up in a solo fight against Lavos by accident. Actually made pretty quick work of it though by equipping the speed helmet or haste helmet (whichever one puts you permanently in haste) and after killing Lavos the game had me passed out on the ground at the end of time. This must be a cool ending but I kind of want to watch the WCF now so I put it in a save state.
    hahaha awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL it's messages from the devs in that ending

Eiji Nakamura: Congrats on finishing the game. Now get a life!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soldier lying face down on the ground, you click on him

Kazumi Kobayashi: I've lost 22 pounds because of this game. You'd better be enjoying it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, click Atropos XR and it says:

Haruyuki Nishida: Want to see a Chrono Trigger 2?
    Yes
    No

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just found out recently that it has multiple endings.
    Really?? New Game+ for Chrono Trigger set the entire standard for multiple endings IIRC. Chrono Cross did this as well, I believe. Along with tons of other games naturally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , that's going to drive the completionist in me nuts

How good a sequel is Chrono Cross? Never had a PS1 (was more into PC gaming mid to late 90s) but have always wanted to check that too.
    Cross is really good, def worth playing. Had a fun fighting system, good customization of magic. The OST is top tier for any game ever. Nier Automata level, imo. Story gets a little eh, but worth playing 100% if u havent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL it's messages from the devs in that ending

Eiji Nakamura: Congrats on finishing the game. Now get a life!!
    lmao fr tho how do you manage to play so many games? My back log seems endless at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao fr tho how do you manage to play so many games? My back log seems endless at this point
    Gotta admit I watch a lot less Spurs now in the DePression era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy that ending where Queen Leene marries Frog and Marle is now part frog and ribbits in every line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best RPG ever IMHO

I think 14 possible endings iirc
    Did you see the Olympic opening ceremony? They played two songs from Chrono Trigger. Man Robo's Theme sounds incredible.

Here's the full list of songs they did from games:

Dragon Quest “Overture: Roto’s Theme”
    Final Fantasy “Victory Fanfare”
    Tales of series “Sorey’s Theme - The Shepherd”
    Monster Hunter series “Proof of a Hero”
    Kingdom Hearts “Olympus Coliseum”
    Chrono Trigger “Frog’s Theme”
    Ace Combat “First Flight”
    Tales of series “Pomp and Majesty”
    Monster Hunter “Wind of Departure”
    Chrono Trigger “Robo’s Theme”
    Sonic the Hedgehog “Star Light Zone”
    Pro Evolution Soccer “eFootball Walk-on Theme”
    Final Fantasy “Main Theme”
    Phantasy Star Universe “Guardians”
    Kingdom Hearts “Hero’s Fanfare”
    Gradius “01 Act I-1”
    Nier “Song of the Ancients”
    SaGa series “The Minstrel’s Refrain: SaGa Series Medley 2016”
    Soulcalibur “The Brave New Stage of History”

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Did you see the Olympic opening ceremony? They played two songs from Chrono Trigger. Man Robo's Theme sounds incredible.

Here's the full list of songs they did from games:

Dragon Quest “Overture: Roto’s Theme”
    Final Fantasy “Victory Fanfare”
    Tales of series “Sorey’s Theme - The Shepherd”
    Monster Hunter series “Proof of a Hero”
    Kingdom Hearts “Olympus Coliseum”
    Chrono Trigger “Frog’s Theme”
    Ace Combat “First Flight”
    Tales of series “Pomp and Majesty”
    Monster Hunter “Wind of Departure”
    Chrono Trigger “Robo’s Theme”
    Sonic the Hedgehog “Star Light Zone”
    Pro Evolution Soccer “eFootball Walk-on Theme”
    Final Fantasy “Main Theme”
    Phantasy Star Universe “Guardians”
    Kingdom Hearts “Hero’s Fanfare”
    Gradius “01 Act I-1”
    Nier “Song of the Ancients”
    SaGa series “The Minstrel’s Refrain: SaGa Series Medley 2016”
    Soulcalibur “The Brave New Stage of History”
    oh man nice! I gotta check some of these out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME
    I prefer 8 if I’m being honest. But, both are great games. I’m also in the minority that was a really big fan of FF X. So there is that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in the other thread... LMAO at the nerds who play FF were the same nerds yesterday talking mad like they'd do anything but mash buttons on their controllers/keyboards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in the other thread... LMAO at the nerds who play FF were the same nerds yesterday talking mad like they'd do anything but mash buttons on their controllers/keyboards.
    Kony is skull ing you in his sleep. You really came down here to make two unrelated posts because he’s kicking your ass all over the board. Haha ing loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kony is skull ing you in his sleep. You really came down here to make two unrelated posts because he’s kicking your ass all over the board. Haha ing loser.
    You think I came to this thread because I knew he just posted or something?
    I have my filters set for him and weebo you dumb .

I like tech but not huge on games and wanted to see what was up. Thank god I did!

How's it like sucking his endlessly and defending the nerds like yourself TrannyReck?

Eat you ing !

Thread Information