Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME
    You getting Intergrade in a couple of weeks?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm too old for videogames now tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacrilege!

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    chrono trigger > ff7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chrono trigger > ff7
    Damn I gotta replay Chrono Trigger at some point. Haven't played it in 25 years but loved it back on the SNES. Just found out recently that it has multiple endings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too old for $250 handjobs too now?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Damn I gotta replay Chrono Trigger at some point. Haven't played it in 25 years but loved it back on the SNES. Just found out recently that it has multiple endings.
    best RPG ever IMHO

I think 14 possible endings iirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best RPG ever IMHO

, that's going to drive the completionist in me nuts

How good a sequel is Chrono Cross? Never had a PS1 (was more into PC gaming mid to late 90s) but have always wanted to check that too.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    , that's going to drive the completionist in me nuts

How good a sequel is Chrono Cross? Never had a PS1 (was more into PC gaming mid to late 90s) but have always wanted to check that too.
    tbh many of the endings are slight variations of each other. but there are a few that are extremely different, including one (spoilers below)
    where all the reptiles end up becoming the dominant species instead of humans hahah

chrono cross is a very good video game, definitely worth playing

but it's important not to have the expectations that it's a sequel to Chrono trigger. its not really a direct sequel as opposed to another game simply in the same universe that occurs years after the events of CT, if that makes sense

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chrono Trigger

scofffffff! i said

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    actually i want to get around to trying it tbh never played it before IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually i want to get around to trying it tbh never played it before IMO
    Highly recommend getting an SNES Classic and hacking that then. Controllers feel spot on and the SNES Classic emulator is a lot better than doing say Retorarch on a Raspberry Pi. But you have to hack the SNES Classic to get Chrono Trigger on it. You can also dual boot it with the NES Classic OS if you want to play NES games too, and the NES Classic controller works with the SNES Classic also. The NES Classic OS can also play Famicom and Famicom Disk System games. Pretty cool system if you want to play NES and SNES games. I think I have like 30 SNES games and maybe 40 NES / Famicom / Famicom Disk System games on it with plenty of room for gamesaves too. One of the few gaming systems to not go way up in price due to the pandemic too. You can get them on ebay for around $110, which isn't too bad since they sold for $80 initially.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Highly recommend getting an SNES Classic and hacking that then. Controllers feel spot on and the SNES Classic emulator is a lot better than doing say Retorarch on a Raspberry Pi. But you have to hack the SNES Classic to get Chrono Trigger on it. You can also dual boot it with the NES Classic OS if you want to play NES games too, and the NES Classic controller works with the SNES Classic also. The NES Classic OS can also play Famicom and Famicom Disk System games. Pretty cool system if you want to play NES and SNES games. I think I have like 30 SNES games and maybe 40 NES / Famicom / Famicom Disk System games on it with plenty of room for gamesaves too. One of the few gaming systems to not go way up in price due to the pandemic too. You can get them on ebay for around $110, which isn't too bad since they sold for $80 initially.
    hmmm never heard of the SNES classic. tbh I've just been using an emulator on a Windows laptop and USB controller, seems to work ok. I've been doing some of those Super Mario World ROM hacks that are all over the internet. Some of them are hard as IMO, pretty much impossible for a regular Joe like me to complete without save stating it. Haven't tried building an emulator on the Raspberry Pi yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm never heard of the SNES classic. tbh I've just been using an emulator on a Windows laptop and USB controller, seems to work ok. I've been doing some of those Super Mario World ROM hacks that are all over the internet. Some of them are hard as IMO, pretty much impossible for a regular Joe like me to complete without save stating it. Haven't tried building an emulator on the Raspberry Pi yet
    I had a Raspberry Pi 3B setup before but input lag was a little too much for NES and SNES games when using either the 360 controller or the PS3 controller, so I repurposed it for use loading roms to my PS2 through the ethernet port. You can find a billion uses for ing Raspberry Pi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you're interested in the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger instead, there is a really good PS1 emulator out now called Duckstation.

Or if you want to play the real thing there is a softmod called Tonyhax (because it was first found via an exploit in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2) that will let you play burned CD copies of games in a real PS1. Though the hardmod to let you play burned CD games is a super easy soldering job and probably better. The hardmod to give a PS1 HDMI output is some really tricky soldering though. The one to let you play games off an SD card is easier but nearly as easy as the one to play burned CD games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chrono trigger > ff7
    Had this show up in my youtube recommendations the other day and wondered if you had seen it. This guy has some really cool videos on other NES and SNES games too.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Chrono Trigger

scofffffff! i said
    'scoff' is where were at then intellectually huh? you seem like a really cool guy, i imagine that is the type of sentiment a lot of really interesting, intelligent men who are fundamentally happy and fulfilled in their lives find themselves expressing to strangers on the internet

yeah an emulator will do just fine. id actually suggest playing the DS version. its a little annoying because of having to deal with the two screens, but theres ways to make it look fine on the computer, especially if you have dual monitors. and the DS version has some added dungeons that kind of connect the story to chrono cross better and gives some extra challenge. everything else in terms of graphics and sound is the exact same as the SNES version which is good, because other ones that they redid like FF 4,5 and 6 on the GBA they remade the music and sounds and its really crappy and laggy, which is annoying (but not a dealbreaker) because the added dungeons are really fun

whatever you do, stay away from any version of the old RPGs thats on steam, mobile devices, or remade into 3D. they suck. stick to SNES, GBA, or only in the case of chrono trigger, DS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever you do, stay away from any version of the old RPGs thats on steam, mobile devices, or remade into 3D. they suck. stick to SNES, GBA, or only in the case of chrono trigger, DS.
    I thought they fixed the Steam port of Chrono Trigger. I knew it was horrendous at launch but seems pretty highly rated now. Two gens newer, but the Steam port of Persona 4 Golden is way better than the PS2 original or the Vita version. Especially like being able to have the Japanese voices and the Japanese subs now available on P4G.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Had this show up in my youtube recommendations the other day and wondered if you had seen it. This guy has some really cool videos on other NES and SNES games too.

nice ill check it out

I thought they fixed the Steam port of Chrono Trigger. I knew it was horrendous at launch but seems pretty highly rated now. Two gens newer, but the Steam port of Persona 4 Golden is way better than the PS2 original or the Vita version. Especially like being able to have the Japanese voices and the Japanese subs now available on P4G.
    hopefully they did

i wish they could do a better job with the remakes of the old rpgs (NES, SNES), they all suck or look like trash for the most part lol

for example i just dont get how paid professionals can do such a bad job at remaking some of the music of the old games, while youtubers can make awesome remixes rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best RPG ever IMHO

Damn I just started a playthrough on my SNES Classic (amazing emulation box BTW for NES/SNES games) and yes, this game has aged like ing Dom Perignon. Put about 3 hours into it tonight and feels just as awesome as it did when I played it in 1995. Second big RPG I have played on my SNES Classic since getting it (had to do a Final Fantasy IV playthrough on it when I got the system a couple of years ago, god that soundtrack).

You ever play any of the Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior games? Haven't played any of them yet but figure I'll like them since I have been a fan of turn based RPG ever since Final Fantasy IV came out on SNES and I know Dragon Quest is the one that created the JRPG genre in the mid 80s.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Damn I just started a playthrough on my SNES Classic (amazing emulation box BTW for NES/SNES games) and yes, this game has aged like ing Dom Perignon. Put about 3 hours into it tonight and feels just as awesome as it did when I played it in 1995. Second big RPG I have played on my SNES Classic since getting it (had to do a Final Fantasy IV playthrough on it when I got the system a couple of years ago, god that soundtrack).

You ever play any of the Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior games? Haven't played any of them yet but figure I'll like them since I have been a fan of turn based RPG ever since Final Fantasy IV came out on SNES and I know Dragon Quest is the one that created the JRPG genre in the mid 80s.
    nice it never gets old. its the only rpg that ive gotten people who have no interest in rpgs to actually play and enjoy

no i havent tried any of the dragon games, ive always meant to give one a shot

i just finished replaying secret of mana actually. pretty fun how it merges elements of RPG and zelda together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice it never gets old. its the only rpg that ive gotten people who have no interest in rpgs to actually play and enjoy

no i havent tried any of the dragon games, ive always meant to give one a shot

i just finished replaying secret of mana actually. pretty fun how it merges elements of RPG and zelda together
    Yeah that's one of the games I installed on my SNES Classic too since I want to play it at some point. Or maybe it was one of the games that came on the system, I forget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say this as you continue to spam this board like the child that you are.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I really want a sequel to FFT (not the Advanced crap). It's by far the one I have with the most hours.

Thread Information