Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    looking like we're getting close to his triannual meltdown where we either get a memorable expletive laced post lashing out at whoever sets him off, or he tries to make peace and be happier in life for a few weeks

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmfao i thought kony was koriwhat

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i am offended tbh

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol interesting how he always dodges this question
    he put me and weebo on the filter that Nono made for Derp because he's scared less dude's always asking people to come to his shop, weebo asked him for the address and he pissed himself

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he put me and weebo on the filter that Nono made for Derp because he's scared less dude's always asking people to come to his shop, weebo asked him for the address and he pissed himself
    He even deleted his shop’s IG account, but forgot to delete the backup account, which has his address lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't have any alts because I'm not a ing pussy who hides behind multiple alts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He even deleted his shop’s IG account, but forgot to delete the backup account, which has his address lol
    Lmao You think I deleted my shop's page and not IG just being IG and deleting pages for no reason. WTF would I delete my shop's IG? Yall are some real s no doubt.

And oh I'm shaking in my boots over you pussy Final Fantasy having nerds. Llmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calf tats is so terrified of JK he had to adblock him what a ing pussy
    You literally come here to fluff your eFriends who are pussies just like yourself Leet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never met a hardass that plays FF... Only ones I've met are weird autistic dudes.

Yall autists are so hardcore!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice it never gets old. its the only rpg that ive gotten people who have no interest in rpgs to actually play and enjoy

no i havent tried any of the dragon games, ive always meant to give one a shot

i just finished replaying secret of mana actually. pretty fun how it merges elements of RPG and zelda together
    I have been playing Dragon Quest XI S for a few weeks and am enjoying it. It's not Chrono Trigger but has a pretty good story so far (that also involves time travel) and the artwork is top notch. Kind of surprised this series has never taken off in the US while Final Fantasy got huge here while Dragon Quest is probably the bigger franchise in Japan. So much so that they moved their Japanese releases to Saturdays because so many people were skipping work on Dragon Quest launch dates lol. It's a pretty straightforward JRPG but with a ton of ways to customize your team.

If you ever get a version of Dragon Quest XI though get Dragon Quest XI S, as it has an orchestrated soundtrack (done by the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra) that is night and day better than the midi sample soundtrack in the original Dragon Quest XI release. I paid $40 for it and it was definitely worth that but it goes on sale for $20 to $25 for PS4/PS5 all the time now. Might get stuck paying $40 if you want it on Switch or Steam though. Also the S version has some cool 16-bit dungeons thrown in as an extra, and you can even play the entire game as a 2D 16-bit Dragon Quest. Though the artwork and orchestrated soundtrack are so good I think playing in 3D is the way to go. I'd say it's easily my second favorite JRPG of last gen, behind only Persona 5 Royal (not counting remasters like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Ni No Kuni).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 08-19-2021 at 10:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish they could do a better job with the remakes of the old rpgs (NES, SNES), they all suck or look like trash for the most part lol

for example i just dont get how paid professionals can do such a bad job at remaking some of the music of the old games, while youtubers can make awesome remixes rofl
    That is frustrating in the pixel remasters of Final Fantasy I-III. The graphics look really out of place and so does the music for an NES era game. Really weird seeing these nice looking clean backgrounds with the characters and enemies pixelated like an SNES game. 2D JRPG should never be made to look newer than SNES era art style and music. And the text is really bad in the pixel remasters.

I was looking for the best version of Final Fantasy 1 and it seems to be the Wonder Swan Color port (it was a low budget Game Boy Color compe or in Japan that never came to the US) as it looks to have proper 16-bit graphics and text and a passable soundtrack. GBA version looks too clean for me but would probably be my second choice for it.

There is also a Wonder Swan Color port of Final Fantasy II. Too bad the Wonder Swan Color port of Final Fantasy III got killed off, as the DS went in the direction of a crappy 3D remake. Might just play the Famicom version if I ever get to that game.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    That is frustrating in the pixel remasters of Final Fantasy I-III. The graphics look really out of place and so does the music for an NES era game. Really weird seeing these nice looking clean backgrounds with the characters and enemies pixelated like an SNES game. 2D JRPG should never be made to look newer than SNES era art style and music. And the text is really bad in the pixel remasters.

I was looking for the best version of Final Fantasy 1 and it seems to be the Wonder Swan Color port (it was a low budget Game Boy Color compe or in Japan that never came to the US) as it looks to have proper 16-bit graphics and text and a passable soundtrack. GBA version looks too clean for me but would probably be my second choice for it.

There is also a Wonder Swan Color port of Final Fantasy II. Too bad the Wonder Swan Color port of Final Fantasy III got killed off, as the DS went in the direction of a crappy 3D remake. Might just play the Famicom version if I ever get to that game.
    yeah I don't get how they continue to completely miss it on these. the GBAs were on the right track, I thought FF2 and FF5 were both pretty well done. FF4 and FF6 had some sound and lag issues that just blows my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice it never gets old. its the only rpg that ive gotten people who have no interest in rpgs to actually play and enjoy

no i havent tried any of the dragon games, ive always meant to give one a shot

i just finished replaying secret of mana actually. pretty fun how it merges elements of RPG and zelda together
    Wow just found this out: Akira Toriyama who is responsible for character design in all the Dragon Quest games (and the creator of Dragon Ball Z) was also a character designer in Chrono Trigger. No wonder Chrono Trigger was so awesome, it merged the talents behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy to create one game. Man I think I'm going to start this series from the beginning on Famicom.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Wow just found this out: Akira Toriyama who is responsible for character design in all the Dragon Quest games (and the creator of Dragon Ball Z) was also a character designer in Chrono Trigger. No wonder Chrono Trigger was so awesome, it merged the talents behind Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy to create one game. Man I think I'm going to start this series from the beginning on Famicom.
    yeah I've thought about checking those out. I know my cousin always said they were underrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I've thought about checking those out. I know my cousin always said they were underrated
    It's funny the original, called Dragon Warrior in the US, sold so poorly here Nintendo ended up giving the game away to all Nintendo Power subscribers.

Thread Information