Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may pass on it given the emphasis Rockstar is putting on the multiplayer aspect of it. They might not even bother with a story for 6 and just skip right over to GTA 6 Online.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss when we got 3 GTA per console gen. Instead we now get 3 console gens per GTA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vice City or bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may pass on it given the emphasis Rockstar is putting on the multiplayer aspect of it. They might not even bother with a story for 6 and just skip right over to GTA 6 Online.
    But you can do private on MP. That gives you the run of the map.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss when we got 3 GTA per console gen. Instead we now get 3 console gens per GTA.
    You can look at 5 and see that it's not a small undertaking though. They hit that out of the park.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo the campaign is the big sell but the online element just gives it lasting power. based on the resounding success that GTA and RDR have been, i doubt they scrap the concept of a massive campaign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can look at 5 and see that it's not a small undertaking though. They hit that out of the park.
    I enjoyed GTA V a lot but the PS2 gen was the heyday of this franchise when they went back to back to back with the three greatest open world games ever made up to that point in a span of four years. Would have been awesome to see them do a second single player game on GTA V's engine, or at least a couple of longish single player DLC like they did on IV's engine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo the campaign is the big sell but the online element just gives it lasting power. based on the resounding success that GTA and RDR have been, i doubt they scrap the concept of a massive campaign
    I don't think the campaign is the big sell at all. Or they would keep making new single player games or at least new DLC regularly like they did in the PS2 and PS3 gens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't play online, so the campaign is all there's to it for me... While I understand Rockstar is trying to make money like everyone else, their switch to feed the online beast has been somewhat disappointing, personally.

At least I hope they stick with the Miami/LA/coastal city look and feel. GTA IV was the one that broke that mold and I thought it was the weakest one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't play online, so the campaign is all there's to it for me... While I understand Rockstar is trying to make money like everyone else, their switch to feed the online beast has been somewhat disappointing, personally.

At least I hope they stick with the Miami/LA/coastal city look and feel. GTA IV was the one that broke that mold and I thought it was the weakest one.
    GTA III did NYC and was awesome though. What killed GTA IV for me was the terrible driving physics (GTA works so much better with arcade racer driving) and Niko Bellic constantly whining about wanting to become a good person after murdering 60 people in the previous mission. All the characters felt pretty poorly written in GTA IV. Missions felt super repe ive too. The GTA IV engine was amazing but felt like the rest of Rockstar just phoned that one in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed GTA V a lot but the PS2 gen was the heyday of this franchise when they went back to back to back with the three greatest open world games ever made up to that point in a span of four years. Would have been awesome to see them do a second single player game on GTA V's engine, or at least a couple of longish single player DLC like they did on IV's engine.
    I tried DLing GTA IV yesterday but Steam doesn't offer it because Microsoft stopped supporting "Live" or whatever it was. I did play San Andreas, hard as to like again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you ever use Menyoo mods? Pretty cool in SP of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever use Menyoo mods? Pretty cool in SP of course.
    I play on consoles, so that would be a no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the Red Dead games are some of my favorite ever, and I've been playing GTA since the top-down games. The single player campaigns are still wildly popular, so I would hope that they at least continue to make a quality single-player product. The problem is that Take 2/Rockstar is basically just printing cash via micro-transactions on their online content. They have very little incentive to produce single-player DLCs. If they ever reach the point of ditching single-player altogether, I'm out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that too I guess, if you don't want to fly around like superman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any idea why game devs removed cheats in games starting with the PS3 gen?

I used to play hours on end with them enabled on games like GTA3, State of Emergency, etc. Tbh, imo the fact they’re no longer there to around with has removed potential hours of play. These days I beat a game and move on quickly unless it’s a game I MUST plat because it’s that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I used to play hours on end with them enabled on games like GTA3, State of Emergency, etc. Tbh, imo the fact they’re no longer there to around with has removed potential hours of play. These days I beat a game and move on quickly unless it’s a game I MUST plat because it’s that good.
    Probably stopped once achievements / trophies became a thing. Plus now they're replaced by microtranscations.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-03-2021 at 05:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dunno. like bum said, probably trophies. wonder about liability as well, if the game 'broke' or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunno. like bum said, probably trophies. wonder about liability as well, if the game 'broke' or something.
    Trophies makes more sense, yeah. Worrying about getting their games broken hasn't stopped people from finding exploits to this date. Speed runners do it all the time. I love watching them wreck a game in mere hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trophies makes more sense, yeah. Worrying about getting their games broken hasn't stopped people from finding exploits to this date. Speed runners do it all the time. I love watching them wreck a game in mere hours.
    Well, true. It's just that now you have the whole buying from PSN store thing, so it also becomes a Sony problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't play games much however my buddy out in LA got me on gta online not too long ago and I play it here and there with him and his buddy out there in LA. I rarely play but when I do we do this thing we like to call "fight club" and it's a blast; I don't really have fun trying missions or being serious on gta at all.

Our fight club consists of a coffee shop whose roof we use as a ring and right next door is another roof we use for spectating. We ran a tournament once with 10+ people and the rules are first person view only, 2 in the ring at a time, if one of you gets knocked down(and don't die instantly) the other has to back away and both get back in their corners for the 3 count to fight again. It's easier to show you how while playing the game itself than explaining it. Either way it's fun but I am just not much of a gamer so it's rare I even get on gta.

I hope they incorporate something like that in gta6 because gta5 on the PC has so many mods and even fight club mods I wish we could use on the PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't play games much however my buddy out in LA got me on gta online not too long ago and I play it here and there with him and his buddy out there in LA. I rarely play but when I do we do this thing we like to call "fight club" and it's a blast; I don't really have fun trying missions or being serious on gta at all.

Our fight club consists of a coffee shop whose roof we use as a ring and right next door is another roof we use for spectating. We ran a tournament once with 10+ people and the rules are first person view only, 2 in the ring at a time, if one of you gets knocked down(and don't die instantly) the other has to back away and both get back in their corners for the 3 count to fight again. It's easier to show you how while playing the game itself than explaining it. Either way it's fun but I am just not much of a gamer so it's rare I even get on gta.

I hope they incorporate something like that in gta6 because gta5 on the PC has so many mods and even fight club mods I wish we could use on the PS4.
    How often does somebody pull out a gun and kill everyone lol? I'd have a hard time not ruining that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How often does somebody pull out a gun and kill everyone lol? I'd have a hard time not ruining that
    Not that often at all... It's usually some head on an oppressor, not a part of fight club, who ruins it for everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that often at all... It's usually some head on an oppressor, not a part of fight club, who ruins it for everyone.

Thread Information