Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IcemanCometh
    He has been made into a superstar by the the NY media. He is a star. At best he is the 13th or 14 best player in the nba

DuffMcCartney
    It took you this long to figure it out?

Ghost Writer
    games.espn.go.com/cgi/fba...d=1&iPos=5

Don't mind Ice. He's just a ' , that's all.

scott
    Great list, Ghost.

Glad to see you rank Dirk over Duncan, Shawn Marion over Shaq, and Ben Wallace over Jermaine O'Neal, Elton Brand, Stephon Marbury, and Gary Payton.

IcemanCometh
    I've been saying it the entire time.

That explains it ghost gets his info from fantasy basketball. He probably goes into nba live and simulates trades too.

Marcus Bryant
    Kidd's one of the top 10 players in this league. He's a triple double waiting to happen on any night. He singlehandedly carried that Nets team into the Finals twice. Eastern Conference or not, that is a significant accomplishment. Other supposedly great players in the East haven't been able to do the same.

scott
    Players better than Kidd:

Duncan
    Kobe
    TMac
    KG
    Shaq
    Dirk
    Iverson

Arguable:

Marbury
    Webber
    O'Neal
    Brand
    Pierce

He's definitely in the 8-15 range. He is a great player, no doubt.

Bandit2981
    this is the most idiotic statement ive ever read...kidd was neck-and-neck with duncan just 2 seasons ago for MVP. you may not think he will fit well with this team, but to say he isnt even at superstar level shows no basketball comprehension whatsoever...once kidd comes on board, no jumping on the bandwagon when he gets triple doubles and the spurs get on nice win streaks...im predicting a massive amount of 'ok i was wrong about kidd' threads come next season

Ghost Writer
    scott, you dope. I didn't make up that list. It is a fantasy list that takes the top statistical categories and ranks the players accordingly.

Duncan's ranking was hurt by his lack of 3s and poor FT%.

Even in your list, Kidd makes the top 10.

That is superstar status.

Another pointless thread by Ice.

Kidd is not a superstar, he's just a perennial MVP candidate and stuff.

scott
    I know what that list is, dope.

You are the one posting it to try to prove a point though.

Don't post stupid lists that have Dirk ranked over Duncan.

Consistency is a , I know.

IcemanCometh
    kidd was never neck and neck. he was perceived to be neck and neck by the eastern media. if you remember the vote was extremely in favor of duncan, kidd actually wound up in 3rd place.

Kidd had better numbers in Phoenix where no one notices him more than being a very good player and a great pg, he gets traded to nj. The NY Knicks suck the Nets do well suddenly Kidd is a superstar?

Ghost Writer
    What's your f'ing point?

On the list I posted of actual number crunching and your own subjective list, Kidd is ranked in the top ten.

He is a superstar, scott.

Marcus Bryant
    Yeah. Kidd took a moribund franchise and made it an elite team in the East along with two consecutive trips to the Finals. Tell me why all the other superstars in the East haven't been able to do the same.

IcemanCometh
    yeah kidd did it all by himself, it had nothing to do with the everyone on the nets finally being healthy, like kerry kittles kenyon martin and even ty keith van horn. that and the fact that the east was so ty.

Players better than kidd

1.Duncan
    2.Kobe
    3.Garnett
    4.Mcgrady
    5.Dirk
    6.Webber
    7.Shaq
    8.Pierce
    9. Iverson
    10. Marbury
    11. Francis
    12. Jermaine Oneal

Bandit2981
    Iceman, you're ignorance of Kidd is pretty obvious when you said "actually he came in 3rd place in MVP voting" here are The FACTS:

Voting:

Tim Duncan 57

Jason Kidd 45

Shaquille O'Neal 15

Tracy McGrady 7

Kobe Bryant 1

Gary Payton

Ghost Writer
    Players better than kidd

1.Duncan
    2.Kobe
    3.Garnett
    4.Mcgrady
    5.Dirk
    6.Webber
    7.Shaq
    8.Pierce
    9. Iverson
    10. Marbury
    11. Francis
    12. Jermaine Oneal
    How come McGrady, Pierce, Iverson and J. O'Neal couldn't get thier teams to the Finals the past two years?

Francis can't even make the playoffs.

Marbury is not better than Kidd.

And you don't seriously have Webber above Shaq, do you?

What a dope.

IcemanCometh
    how come duncan couldn't get past the lakers the last 2 years?

Ghost Writer
    What does that have to do with anything?

You're beat, man.

Jimcs50
    a player with 9000 pts in a career up to now is not a great player, he will not be in Hall of Fame, he is a media induced popular player at best.

IcemanCometh
    iverson got his team to the finals in 2000 did that make him better than duncan the past 3 years?

last i checked this was a team sport. the nets are a better team than the celtics rockets and pacers

IcemanCometh
    and you're one to talk you ghostmoron
    you had dirk ahead of duncan and jason terry as the 16th best player in the league

Ghost Writer
    Um, Duncan led his team to a le before Iverson even sniffed the Finals, Ice.

According to your list, Duncan is #1. Kidd should be somewhere in the top 10.

Jimmy, your post isn't worth commenting on. Is Dominique Wilkens a Hall of Famer?

Jimcs50
    Great = Hall of Famer

Otherwise in my book , you are not great.

You guys throw great around too readily...sorry to rain on your parade, but that is a fact.

IcemanCometh
    alot of people are in the hall of fame.
    the basketball hall of fame is pretty easy to get into, they let chicks into it all the time

adidas11
    Ice, this is a Top 10 Worst Posts Ever candidate.

Jason Kidd is definitely a superstar. Leads the league in triple doubles each year, makes every team that he plays on significantly better, and has even lead his team to back to back NBA Finals appearances, and even took the mighty Spurs to a 6 game series.

He dominates the game, and doesn't even have to score much to do it, much like Magic Johnson.

NEXT

Thread Information