Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bandwaggoner since '73 stepmonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop ed up. We make the playoffs with LMA getting starter minutes.

But respect to both for handling this professionally. Hopefully, they can pay respect to him down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But respect to both for handling this professionally. Hopefully, they can pay respect to him down the road.
    Are you ing kidding? He’s the reason we were so slow out of the gate. We went from 9-10 once he was benched, all the way up to 5 before the Rona got to us.

I think he’s a self en led prick, and one of my favorite takeaways from this season is how close he got to 20K points, but fell short, because he was too ing prideful to come off the bench. Asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt want to be that asshole the day he retired, but a part of me thinks he just used it as a reason to get out of Brooklyn. The criticism and microscope he was under, especially after Drummond abused him (people were really really questioning his defense)...wasnt something he wanted to deal with at his age since he wasn't really capable of proving them wrong anymore. Father time and pride forced him out, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he'll get a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I guess the constellation prize for those three getting a ring will be that LMA gets one and nephew does not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. Rings and playoff shares, or partial shares are voted on by the players. He was there for like 5 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, even if he gets a ring, it'd be as good as not getting one...he did literally nothing for it...May as well be from a team he was never on

It won't feel special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POP and the Spurs has done everything to try to keep LMA HAPPY and he just failed. Stop blaming the Spurs! We did everything right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

try again next time, 2/10. Not biting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that deep down LMA really regretted his decision to leave Portland for the Spurs. He always mentions that he wishes that he had worked things out with Dame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that deep down LMA really regretted his decision to leave Portland for the Spurs. He always mentions that he wishes that he had worked things out with Dame.
    I’d have second thoughts as well if the star player i came over to play with abandoned my team for an entire season and dragged the coaching staff and players through the mud in the media.

Meanwhile, Dame is backpacking a franchise that has no hope without him. No ability to build around him, a guy who plays his position on a max deal next to him, the same coach running the same from 10 years ago, and meanwhile Damian has been consistent with the same “I want to be the best blazer ever” take through it all. LA would have had a far better end to his career in Portland, but no one in 2015 would have honestly predicted that.

there’s some that will pretend to be clairvoyant, that they knew Kawhi would leave and the roster with derozan would be completely untenable- but at the time he was joining a quasi super team that deteriorated very quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d have second thoughts as well if the star player i came over to play with abandoned my team for an entire season and dragged the coaching staff and players through the mud in the media.

Meanwhile, Dame is backpacking a franchise that has no hope without him. No ability to build around him, a guy who plays his position on a max deal next to him, the same coach running the same from 10 years ago, and meanwhile Damian has been consistent with the same “I want to be the best blazer ever” take through it all. LA would have had a far better end to his career in Portland, but no one in 2015 would have honestly predicted that.

there’s some that will pretend to be clairvoyant, that they knew Kawhi would leave and the roster with derozan would be completely untenable- but at the time he was joining a quasi super team that deteriorated very quickly.
    Bingo. You get it. Clearly others here and on Twitter don't and view him as a waste. Irritates the outta me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POP and the Spurs has done everything to try to keep LMA HAPPY and he just failed. Stop blaming the Spurs! We did everything right.
    Lol. Failed at what? Ringing? No one thought LMA was going to singlehandedly take this team to the LOB. But with neph, it was not only possible, but likely they ring at some point over the previous 6 years.

LMA balled out for this team, was an all-star twice and oughtto have some respect from the fans.

Pop should have honored his promise to be his coach for his contract rather than start a youth movement with a backup center at best. They ed up. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True. I think Pop's responsible or LMA's heart problems too.

Had Aldridge stayed on the Spurs he might have played another two or three years. The first time he put forth any effort all year was after joining the Nets. He may have never gotten his heart rate up high enough to even know he had an issue had he stayed in a Spurs uniform.

Every loss is on Pop. We know this. Tim would have had 27 rings if anyone else had coached the Spurs. I say 27 because Tim would still be playing today, and would have never had knee issues were it not for Pop.

San Antonio would likely have an NFL and MLB franchise if not for Pop.

COVID is on Pop I'm fairly certain.

Ransomware attacks....Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I think Pop's responsible or LMA's heart problems too.

Had Aldridge stayed on the Spurs he might have played another two or three years. The first time he put forth any effort all year was after joining the Nets. He may have never gotten his heart rate up high enough to even know he had an issue had he stayed in a Spurs uniform.

Pop's to blame to for everything. I'm sure he's the root cause of COVID as well.
    Lol. You're confusing me with a MAGAt. Pop still ed up. Sorry, but his lineups the padt two seasons were inexcusable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. You're confusing me with a MAGAt. Pop still ed up. Sorry, but his lineups the padt two seasons were inexcusable.
    Oh, man, you should have waited for my edit before quoting me!

I was on a roll.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, rough room here. I wish Lamarcus nothing but health and am nothing but grateful for his time here. Hope he can find some time to just get the away from basketball and find something to enjoy in his retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA was a pro. He carried the Spurs on his back after Kawhi left and kept the team compe ive.

It was clear he wanted out this year, but he probably saw his window to win a ring closing quick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see it end this way for him, but he had a great career and was underrated during his prime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's soft as Charmin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's soft as Charmin.
    He always was though, had nothing to do with his heart condition, tbh...

Honestly, glad he retired and went on to take care of that problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, rough room here. I wish Lamarcus nothing but health and am nothing but grateful for his time here. Hope he can find some time to just get the away from basketball and find something to enjoy in his retirement.
    Somewhat deserved. You can't loathe DDR and love LMA. Both high quality people, borderline stars, who contributed very little to a historically winning culture. If either of these guys had off court character issues they would have been dumped in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He retired to save face considering the face ing he got that last game of his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA was a pro. He carried the Spurs on his back after Kawhi left and kept the team compe ive.

It was clear he wanted out this year, but he probably saw his window to win a ring closing quick.
    Really rough crowd
    He was flawed, yes. But he helped the team to two 60+ seasons and a Western conference final and had a chance pre-zaza Then carried a team after nephew bailed.

Thread Information