Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would y’all take him on the spurs staff at some capacity??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's willing to sweep up around the AT&T center after games, sure, why not?

Maybe do a little painting before summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he that guy that hoardes draft picks? . I'll consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flat Earther for Kwa Leonard was one of Ainges huge ops blown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy famous for not pulling the trigger on trades joining the ranks of an FO famous for not pulling the trigger on trades

As much as it would make sense....no. Spurs brought in Danny ferry as their customary stubborn, aging white guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if this makes Tatum/brown want to leave...we have cap space for the next disgruntled star..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if this makes Tatum/brown want to leave...we have cap space for the next disgruntled star..
    NBA is due for a star to request out and the writing on the wall has been there for one of Tatum or brown since their early season struggles.

if the new regime in Boston feels that pressure and gets desperate- we have the perfect sign and trade candidate leaving San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he ever offer us for Kawhi? Was it Jaylen Brown only?
    Also crazy that golden boy Brad Stevens only lasted like 8 years as a coach. Just goes to show how difficult it is to coach in today's NBA with whiney divas. People give to Pop but the fact that he's been able to deal with the bull of today's NBA at his age is impressive. Retire in peace my friend

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the guy willing to trade guys with names well past their primes for first round draft picks. Bc he was great at compiling assets, all potential trade partners always asked too much. But he was a highly successful GM that put together a championship team through trades and who drafted pretty good as well. Solid GM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The triggerless GM,pass. He build his reputation by fleecing the worst GM ever, one time and that was it. From then on he proceeded to do absolutely nothing and wasted a few assets in the process of doing nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much Ainge's personality played into star players leaving... Losing Kyrie and Hayward for little to no compensation was rough. Player personalities are always going to be complex to predict, but losing 2/5ths of a playoff team's starting line up has to be a concern with regard to the overall attractiveness & appeal of the franchise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, but when Bucks fire Bud after the next round I'd take him to replace Pop. Bud would be a good coach for where the Spurs are right now in their cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re officially in the Silly Season now, since it’s after Memorial Day, but on Spurstalk it’s the silly season all year long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ainge is a d-bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much Ainge's personality played into star players leaving... Losing Kyrie and Hayward for little to no compensation was rough. Player personalities are always going to be complex to predict, but losing 2/5ths of a playoff team's starting line up has to be a concern with regard to the overall attractiveness & appeal of the franchise.
    like losing DDR and LMA for nothing? He has had more successes in the last 5 years than PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge will bounce back. San Antonio is not on any accomplished basketball professional's radar. They may respect our organization and culture but if you are already financially set why would you ever want to work in this organization, unless you have local roots? This holds true for a coach, gm or player. We would be lucky to have someone like Ainge even take an interview.
    Last edited by KingKev; 06-02-2021 at 04:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like losing DDR and LMA for nothing?
    That's the analogy I was making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% if he wants the gig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy famous for not pulling the trigger on trades joining the ranks of an FO famous for not pulling the trigger on trades

As much as it would make sense....no. Spurs brought in Danny ferry as their customary stubborn, aging white guy.
    traded for KG
    traded for Ray Allen

won a chip and made 2 finals

then traded KG and Pierce in one of the best trades in nba history

traded Isaiah Thomas for Kyrie which was another steal

he has been more trigger-shy in recent years, but thats a of a resume

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brad Stevens taking his job; snake in the grass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They went another route. Ainge did great things over a long tenure but the bed recently; whether he was just unlucky, his own hubris or simply not engaged he fked up multiple times the last few years. Sound familiar? If only PATFO had 1/10th of the accountability we would have a decent future as an organization. Someone had to take the fall in bean and it was Ainge. PATFO could learn something from this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or he and others have been asking BOPAFO (Bostons version of PAFO) to make some glaringly obvious moves and AingePop wouldn't move?

Would be nice to know.
    Don't know how real Boston media keeps it or if they're a lesser version of Pop Nuetured San Antone media.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The triggerless GM,pass. He build his reputation by fleecing the worst GM ever, one time and that was it. From then on he proceeded to do absolutely nothing and wasted a few assets in the process of doing nothing.
    Don’t forget he dumped damaged goods on the Cavs to bring in Kyrie. Tatum and Brown turned out to be good picks. Brown was picked ahead of several duds. In Tatum’s draft the rest of the top ten littered with role players to trash (outside of Fox). Got unlucky with the Hayward injury in his first game with the team and that severely limited the ceiling.

But he absolutely screwed up the rest of roster management, and got greedy when it came to sign & trades of guys leaving town. And the draft record outside of Tatum / Brown has been bad ... especially the past few drafts.

They squandered the best opportunity in the league in terms of assets and not even a finals appearance the past decade to show for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what we think of Bryan Wright and Pop at least they didn't max a point guard that everyone knew had knee problems like Ainge did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Hoosiers went big to get Stevens, that's when the deal was probably put in place. Feel like Ainge's days have been numbered all season and Stevens shoved him out the door.

Thread Information