Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone listen to any of the local shows now days...

Is its true Mike Taylor was broadcasting from his closet out of town...guys like always moving...does he even broacast local??

Sports grind Is meh....one of the guys try's to sound like Stephen A Smith

Duel....rambles on too much way too delusional at times....used to be okay but is WAYYYY to nostalgic

yah never mind still sucks...wish they would change the formula here

Worst of the Worst back in the day,,,

Kevin Boons this guy was a en bigot

Don Harris guy was a egomaniac on the radio

CJ Silas this dis chick was always sucking Laker

Andy Everett always sucking the Tiger Woods

Walter Pasacrita....omg the list goes on......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duel sounds like a high school broadcast and he's painfully boring as is everett, who talks about how boring soccer is and then just goes on and on about golf. harris is preachy and has the kind of humor that the worst comedian at an amateur comedy night would have. sports grind is okay. at least they stick to sports but OP is right: he comes off as a Stephen A wannabe. taylor's schtick is tired and he really doesn't know jack about sports. he's occasionally funny but he's also pretty annoying; last i heard he was broadcasting from hawaii. i really don't listen to much sports talk at all anymore, especially after ESPN replaced le ba with mike greene (that's like replacing an authentic mom and pop italian restaurant with an olive garden) but i'll sometimes tune into dan patrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Radio is an outdated format, and COVID / lockdown made it even more so.

I used to tune in to some of the morning shows on my commute to work....but I haven't been in the office in over a year.

Otherwise, I listen mostly to music on Sirius XM or stuff on my phone. I don't think I've tuned into a standard FM or AM station in months.

With the majority of people having access to news, podcasts, etc. at their leisure over the internet, it's hard to see the radio show format lasting for a lot longer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ticket in Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio always gets it wrong. 6th or 7th largest city and still looks like a developing country. It’s not a coincidence it gets bad sports press and free agents only come here when plan A, B & C go to . Still love those fiesta jerseys that came out about 5 years too late tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Radio is an outdated format, and COVID / lockdown made it even more so.

I used to tune in to some of the morning shows on my commute to work....but I haven't been in the office in over a year.

Otherwise, I listen mostly to music on Sirius XM or stuff on my phone. I don't think I've tuned into a standard FM or AM station in months.

With the majority of people having access to news, podcasts, etc. at their leisure over the internet, it's hard to see the radio show format lasting for a lot longer.
    You could be right about radio but there aren’t too many options for SA content in the other, more modern formats. (At least that I’m aware of)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For local SA sports talk, I listen to the sports grind on ticket 760 and the afternoon blitz on ESPN SA.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Taylor's BS was always entertaining - yeah guys, I'm from the Metroplex but I am a huge spur's fan. You believe me, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is its true Mike Taylor was broadcasting from his closet out of town...guys like always moving...does he even broacast local??

Sports grind Is meh....one of the guys try's to sound like Stephen A Smith

Duel....rambles on too much way too delusional at times....used to be okay but is WAYYYY to nostalgic

yah never mind still sucks...wish they would change the formula here

Worst of the Worst back in the day,,,

Kevin Boons this guy was a en bigot

CJ Silas this dis chick was always sucking Laker

Andy Everett always sucking the Tiger Woods

Walter Pasacrita....omg the list goes on......
    Pre-pandemic, Pasacrita had a food truck, Wallys Deli, and the food was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOAI has become a Trump station and cannot stand to listen to all the lies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I'm glad that racist Rush Limbaugh died..... cancer shut him the up!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed Tony Bruno in the Mornings way back in the day he always had great takes.

Jim Rome got old quick

I don't even know if JT the Brick is still on he had a good show...very listenable

Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock are en horrible CT makes everything Political and JW IS always playing the race card,,,,I heard he left the show in the AM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Walter was working in a car dealership for a bit ...I heard Wally's Deli was good

Pre-pandemic, Pasacrita had a food truck, Wallys Deli, and the food was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol fat radio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol, "was" an egomaniac? He still is - just not on the radio which is probably what you meant. Always puts himself in the story somehow. "I remember", "You know, MY younger self" would have..., "MY son", "I was there that night".... Fool, nobody gives a snit about you. I'll say this though, the recent cuts at his station got his attention. He kind of appears shook and in line nowadays. No one is safe if Randy Beamer isn't. He may have been asked to move on, just like Delaine Mathieu was.

I enjoyed listening to Jay Howard although he too was enamored with himself more than anyone else was. He got kicked to the curb pretty quick once his contract was up. Something about that mic makes people think they're uppety.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio always gets it wrong. 6th or 7th largest city and still looks like a developing country. It’s not a coincidence it gets bad sports press and free agents only come here when plan A, B & C go to . Still love those fiesta jerseys that came out about 5 years too late tho.
    Da fuk you talking about? Looks like a developing country? Do you even live here? Have you seen the revitalization of South Town and the Pearl area? San Antonio is still the number one tourist destination in Texas (Sea World, Fiesta Texas, The Alamo & Missions, the Zoo, Riverwalk & close proximity to Schlitterbahn).

As for the media's views on the Spurs, the team sucks right now and you still hear them being referred to as the benchmark of how organizations should be measured and run. Talking heads routinely refer to Gregg's coaching tree, team culture, development of draft picks, etc.. Gregg's influence is overblown and due to Tim Duncan's greatness, but its what SA is remembered for. Winning. Beating the out of a Laker's 4 peat quest, winning a game 7 against the Pistons, sweeping Lebron's Cavs and dethroning his Miami squad.

I'll take living in San Antonio over Austin, Houston and the Metroplex any day. They can keep their daily nightmarish traffic, Biblical flooding, over-crowding and subsequent infrastructure issues, homeless problems. Of course, I'm not a kid anymore either & don't care about nightlife, getting drunk and partying to all hours of the night.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 06-03-2021 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da fuk you talking about? Looks like a developing country? Do you even live here? Have you seen the revitalization of South Town and the Pearl area? San Antonio is still the number one tourist destination in Texas (Sea World, Fiesta Texas, The Alamo & Missions, the Zoo, Riverwalk & close proximity to Schlitterbahn).

As for the media's views on the Spurs, the team sucks right now and you still hear them being referred to as the benchmark of how organizations should be measured and run. Talking heads routinely refer to Gregg's coaching tree, team culture, development of draft picks, etc.. Gregg's influence is overblown and due to Tim Duncan's greatness, but its what SA is remembered for. Winning. Beating the out of a Laker's 4 peat quest, winning a game 7 against the Pistons, sweeping Lebron's Cavs and dethroning his Miami squad.

I'll take living in San Antonio over Austin, Houston and the Metroplex any day. They can keep their daily nightmarish traffic, Biblical flooding, over-crowding and subsequent infrastructure issues, homeless problems. Of course, I'm not a kid anymore either & don't care about nightlife, getting drunk and partying to all hours of the night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "PAGS" tbh. Dude is awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well that's what I think. I also hear many make the same case you're making but SA is still perceived differently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah screw that...

I grew up in SA, I repped SA while overseas in the military, I was all San Antonio. I always said it was the best kept secret in the US. But after being elsewhere, living elsewhere I realized that while the population was growing it was still just a lot of the same town only with more people in it. My disappointment is really with the ty leadership that's responsible for managing and planning the city. Really ask yourself why SA gets no love from anyone outside of here? Oh and you're complaining about Houston traffic? Just you wait the bigger SA gets the tier that experience will be. Sea World, Fiesta Texas, The Alamo & Missions, the Zoo, Riverwalk.... really dude? If you are really serious about things think about those attractions and might see it another way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I'm glad that racist Rush Limbaugh died..... cancer shut him the up!!!
    Liberal tolerance

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ticket in Dallas
    P1 or GTFO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair, i don't even know if Gervin44Silas13 is liberal; maybe he just hates bags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they all still employed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah screw that...

I grew up in SA, I repped SA while overseas in the military, I was all San Antonio. I always said it was the best kept secret in the US. But after being elsewhere, living elsewhere I realized that while the population was growing it was still just a lot of the same town only with more people in it. My disappointment is really with the ty leadership that's responsible for managing and planning the city. Really ask yourself why SA gets no love from anyone outside of here? Oh and you're complaining about Houston traffic? Just you wait the bigger SA gets the tier that experience will be. Sea World, Fiesta Texas, The Alamo & Missions, the Zoo, Riverwalk.... really dude? If you are really serious about things think about those attractions and might see it another way.
    I've lived in San Antonio (off & on), Austin & (DC Area) as a Military Brat and student. I currently live in San Antonio and have been here since 1994. I haven't been to any of the attractions I mentioned because I've "been there, done that". I choose to live here and travel for vacation. The cost of living is low, we have no sales tax and gas is affordable. The only thing that really sucks is the property taxes. Other than that, the food is great & other things the city doesn't offer (quality live music) is within driving distance.

I HATE traffic so I do my best to drive at off-peak times in the worst traffic areas.

Thread Information